IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Thank you, you are welcome :)

I just got another Skunk board (not sure where my original one is) and finally got around to playing a lot of these ST conversations that weren't able to be burned on a CD and I'm super impressed. Gauntlet II, Escape From the Planet of the Robot Monsters, Badlands, Joust, Star Wars, etc are absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for your great work on porting these over.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So tempted to buy a skunk...

Must wait for SainT sd cart... :)

Just buy one! It's worth it! Since having the skunk board I likely won't need to buy the SD cart. I can get everything on there anyways and I don't really care about the save states/high scores anymore.

Just buy one! It's worth it! Since having the skunk board I likely won't need to buy the SD cart. I can get everything on there anyways and I don't really care about the save states/high scores anymore.

Oh yeah... I forgot there is no save support on Skunk.

SainT cart it is! :)

For me it's all about playing the game. I'm having fun with it despite not saving. I've been waiting two years thusfar for the SD cart and there will be a long ass wait list with all the noobs to the Jag scene wanting to get one. I've enjoyed my skunk the last 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I do not have any way of playing these on my actual Jag , how can I play these on the emulator? Is there a different starting address for each game?

The -skunk locked ones look for a Skunkboard, so won't work under emulation.

I'm not releasing unlocked ROMs due to them immediately appearing on ebay when I do. (First post updated)

• Like 2

I've been waiting two years thusfar for the SD cart and there will be a long ass wait list with all the noobs to the Jag scene wanting to get one

I guess these days though getting one early on makes you a noob apparently ;) I'll just keep trucking with my BJL/Alpine/Skunk combo in my noob ish ways ;) I must be a right Jaguar noob, only had one since 1994 :)

Hey, I'm all in favor of SainT shipping them out by AtariAge registration date. :D

Me too, totally getting mine before you RacerX :D :D

Edited by LinkoVitch
  • Like 4

I'm not releasing unlocked ROMs due to them immediately appearing on ebay when I do. (First post updated)

Understood. A shame that is an issue.

Are Skunkboards still available? Are these the closest thing to an AtariMax/Everdrive type cart?

I seriously hate how some few assholes have to spoil it for the rest of us.

So the other day I was looking through the for sale/wanted forums on atari-forums.com and saw an ST dev kit for the 2600, talk about looking like something fun to play with! Pretty sure most people these days just use emulators for home brew 2600 games. Just as I believe you're using VirtualJaguar, right? Or do you have an actual Jaguar Dev kit?

I know the original kits were done on the TT.

I *still* need to actually use my skunkboard! Been nervous using my Jaguar since I need the updated SCART cable for my OSSC first, most of the usually places say they haven't built up any new cables yet, but were working on them.