IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Great to see someone uploading Pang. That is one of my most loved games and one I consider to be a bit of a lost classic. The game play was so simple, and with all the items dropping down it always reminded me of a variant on Arkanoid. The background screens of different countries reminded me of Bombjack too..

Pang really was a great game and one I still play on the MAME type emulator built into the modded Xbox I bought many years ago that runs Coinops. I recently bought one of those modded Xbox machines for someone else and it said it contained Atari Jaguar games as well as all the usual 2600,5200,7800 games - I think there were over 20,000 games in total built into the latest version of Coin Ops, but it was the first time I noticed the seller listing Atari Jaguar as one of the game lists on it, but i can imagine some of the games not being great (or playing properly) due to the Jaguar controller being mapped onto the Xbox joystick.

Anyway, roll on the SD cart for the Jaguar, and roll on a conversion of Pang for the Jaguar if you kind people decide to have a crack at that one in the near future.

Thanks a lot CJ!

I count about 15 complete that are not yet available on carts. Plus, however many more you keep pumping out! Super Sprint is one of the incomplete ones I hope gets finished. As crappy as thundercats is, I still hope that make the cut too and some decent sports ports.

15 * $ = me broke. (Do the math fellows)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot CJ!

I count about 15 complete that are not yet available on carts. Plus, however many more you keep pumping out! Super Sprint is one of the incomplete ones I hope gets finished. As crappy as thundercats is, I still hope that make the cut too and some decent sports ports.

15 * $ = me broke. (Do the math fellows)

Yeah, Super Sprint still isn't 'sounding' right. The game has 3 distinct audio routines and I'm having problems getting those all working together. Plays fine, but it is very quiet, so not ready for a release as of yet, which is a shame, because it plays great with a TeamTap :)

• Like 6

A game I just thought of that would lend itself well to the Jaguar would be MicroProse's Airborne Ranger. I used to play the heck out of the PC DOS version back in the day, but it would be really cool to see the Amiga or ST version ported over someday.

looked a bit deeper into the ST and Amiga versions. ..

It seems Imagitec Design handled them and a lot of the gritty atmosphere of the C64 original was lost in the conversion.

@Aminor:Thinking back, i am sure i saw reports at the time of the STE from Sam Tramiel that Steel Talons was among the list of games he had ordered to showcade the STE computers...

Another was Road Riot 4 Wheel Drive.

Atari claiming they had found a way to get 48 colors on screen instead of the normal 16...hardware scrolling and DMA sound would also be used.

• Like 1

Been a while since a ROM, so here goes :)

https://youtu.be/hMa-75sOwVc

On the controller select screen:

1 - JagPad | 2 - Rotary (port 2) | 3 - ST Mouse (port 2) | 4 - Amiga Mouse (port 2) | 0 - Select audio

In the game:

1 - ST Music | 2 - ST SFX | 4 - Amiga Music | 5 - Amiga SFX | 7 - Arcade Music | 8 - Arcade SFX | * - NES Music | 0 - NES SFX

DoH-skunk.rom

Many thanks to the amazing doctorclu for grabbing the additional sounds and working out what they mapped to!

I'm using the rotary in the video above... it is awesome! (But not as good as mouse!)

• Like 15

1 - JagPad | 2 - Rotary (port 2) | 3 - ST Mouse (port 2) | 4 - Amiga Mouse (port 2) | 0 - Select audio

In the game:

1 - ST Music | 2 - ST SFX | 4 - Amiga Music | 5 - Amiga SFX | 7 - Arcade Music | 8 - Arcade SFX | * - NES Music | 0 - NES SFX

attachicon.gifDoH-skunk.rom

Many thanks to the amazing doctorclu for grabbing the additional sounds and working out what they mapped to!

I'm using the rotary in the video above... it is awesome! (But not as good as mouse!)

Thank you :)

Just finished checking out Arkanoid 2 with my rotary controller. It works like a charm.

The added music and sfx is a great bonus.

Any game that you want to play more than once has got to be good. Couldn't put it down for a while.

I used to play the original Arkanoid in a local fish and chip shop back in the early 80's. They had a stand up machine.

I completed quite a few levels back then. Playing Arkanoid 2 on the Jaguar I got to level 2!

• Like 2

I'm a bit late to the party here, but I wanted to say thanks to Cyrano Jones for his work on R-Type II and Ghouls 'N Ghosts (and the wealth of other ports, of course). I don't have a Skunkboard, but I'm desperately looking forward to SainT's SD cart so I can play these two and so many others. Because life isn't stressful enough without those two franchises.

• Like 2

https://youtu.be/hMa-75sOwVc

In the game:

attachicon.gifDoH-skunk.rom

Why do you have to keep releasing actual products? Don't you know, the way we do it here, is you come on once every 6 months. You self profess what a genius you are. You show nothing of what you can do (maybe a screen shot, maybe 4 pages of bullshit text about cycle counting), but keep spouting numbers after watching a YouTube video and knowing frame rates. Then, after saying how you quit your job and are dedicating all of your time to making Jag games, you piss off and then come back saying you spent 3 months doing work on a 6502 platform.

Oh yeah - great. So you don't show any progress for your Jag coding which you quit your 6 or 7 digit salaried job for. You go and do more number wang bullshit about how awesome your 3D skillz are on 6502. But as usual, you show nothing. No screenshots, no demos, no code. Just pure bloviation. Not a single god damn screenshot in the 8-bit forums. Yeah - can't wait to see your awesome 320*200 * 256 colour, 60 frame per second texture mapping demo is on the little 800.

You should also disappear for months at a time for other random reasons. It builds suspense. Each time you come back, the reason for your absence gets more intense. I was busy. Then I moved. Then I quit my job and decided to Jag code. Then I did nothing for 6 months. Then I did 6502 code for 3 months. Then I fought raging forest fires with my bare hands. Oh wait - 3+ years and and I still haven't shown anything. That's OK. My number-wang is bigger than yours..

• Like 3

I'm a bit late to the party here, but I wanted to say thanks to Cyrano Jones for his work on R-Type II and Ghouls 'N Ghosts (and the wealth of other ports, of course). I don't have a Skunkboard, but I'm desperately looking forward to SainT's SD cart so I can play these two and so many others. Because life isn't stressful enough without those two franchises.

I will have to release another set of 'locked to SainT' ROMs as it is almost 100% certain the recent -skunk versions will not work. But fear not, because that is something I will get done quite quickly (Hopefully before the SainT board is available)

• Like 7

I know, I'm seriously under achieving.

Whipping yourself with fresh birch branches, creating at least 1 Name And Shame poll on Twitter..and blocking a few people who previously bought your games is the only remedy i can see working...

If you carry on as you bloody well are, you'll be making more big annoucements and delivering on them soon after. .the community will be grateful for them...

Oh it's just not how it's done...

At least hold the community to ransom..10 Kilos of pure Unicorn horn or you'll never get to play...

Could you at least fall out with someone on YT over a format you previously slated?

No...?

Annouce your imminent departure from Social Media?

Give us something man...

What about your thoughts on the NHS here in England?

Edited by Lost Dragon