Empire strikes back

Galax 3d

D&d dragonlance

Final fight

Double dragon 1-3

Human killing machine

Realms

Karateka

But I think cj is sick of St ports. Too bad the street fighter 1 and 2 ports where awful. Yes I know human willing machine uses same engine but I hold sf to higher standard.

Prince of Persia

4d boxing

Empire strikes back

Galax 3d

D&d dragonlance

Final fight

Double dragon 1-3

Human killing machine

Realms

Karateka

No sleep for me this week, eh?

But I think cj is sick of St ports.

What gives you that impression? Great games are great games.

• Like 4

Prince of Persia

4d boxing

Empire strikes back

Galax 3d

D&d dragonlance

Final fight

Double dragon 1-3

Human killing machine

Realms

Karateka

But I think cj is sick of St ports. Too bad the street fighter 1 and 2 ports where awful. Yes I know human willing machine uses same engine but I hold sf to higher standard.

I don't know if it could work on Jaguar, but I second 4D Boxing. I loved that playing that game on my old PC.

YES!!! Absolutely, on both of these... oh man, I would be so thrilled!!!

For the DragonLance one, do you mean Heroes of the Lance? Or Dragons of Flame? Or both???

But yeah, Prince of Persia would be amazing also...

First thing I think of when I heard D&D DragonLance is the Gold Box trilogy, Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn and The Dark Queen of Krynn.

A previous post but it was months ago. So I take it your rested up ready to take port request. Would it be feasible to change the static back ground images of something like street fighter 2 St port to higher color animated arcade back ground? Another question would it be possible to hack in four player mode for teenage mutant Ninja turtle use team tap or jaglink ?

Edited by Kalani

First thing I think of when I heard D&D DragonLance is the Gold Box trilogy, Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn and The Dark Queen of Krynn.

Me too! I'm a huge fan... but I'm not so sure I see them doing well on the Jaguar. The "Silver Box" games were much better suited for action platforms than the "Gold Box" series games were. I think they fared the best on the IBM PC, with the exception of a couple of the earlier games who's sound was better on the Amiga and Atari, like Pools of Radiance. But once they started supporting VGA and MT-32 / Roland... the PC just blew them away.

I have Heroes of the Lance and... I think... Dragons of Flame, on the NES already. They were awesome on the NES. I'd love to see them slightly enhanced (assumed) from the Atari ST version, on the Jaguar.

I also have Pools of Radiance for the NES... and it just kind of sucks. Game is clunky... I don't know anyone who played through it on the NES.

LOOOOVE that game on the PC though. Still... as much as I like the Savage Frontier games (Gateway / Treasures)... still, Pools of Radiance on the PC had the absolute best mechanics and story of all the Gold Box games. I think what I loved most about it is that you were 100% in charge. There wasn't so much a story line as there was just a bunch of things that needed to be done. The only game that comes close is Death Knights of Krynn. All the other AD&D games... it felt like you had to do "X" before "Y" was possible. The random encounters and mini-quests on Pool of Radiance were just unparalleled. Like Sokal Keep (or whatever it was called), or the Lizard Den, neither of which served any purpose, but were side quests. Or the Dragon's cave... which almost no one found, or the random Wyvern caves you'd run into... just awesome.

EDIT: Dragon Strike was another one that came out during the Gold Box Series era... but, like Hillsfar, was neither a Silver Box or a Gold Box series game. They were just... whatever. Which brings me to another... lol... Hillsfar. The prequel to Pools of Radiance (you can transfer characters from Hillsfar to Poolrad).

Edited by 82-T/A

Oh, yeah, I was just sayin' that's what I thought of first, definitely not sayin' they'd make for good ports. I still have my original DOS disks and was able to snag them complete again later.

Totally! Dude, I am such a huge fan of those games... LOVED LOVED LOVED the Gold Box Series games. I still haven't beaten them all. I've beaten Pools of Radiance, and then got 95% of the way through Curse of the Azure Bonds, and then the save games became corrupted. I also beat Champions of Krynn, and I think that's it. I have all the original disks and boxes, and also the Collection CD. I bought everything from GoG also... love those games.

I have Heroes of the Lance and... I think... Dragons of Flame, on the NES already. They were awesome on the NES. I'd love to see them slightly enhanced (assumed) from the Atari ST version, on the Jaguar.

Heroes of the Lance was good on the NES? Maybe I'll have to look into it. I tried playing it on the PC many years ago, and it was pretty much unplayable.

As for ST ports, I'm still hoping one day we'll see RoboCop. Maybe by the time the next movie comes out ...

Heroes of the Lance was good on the NES? Maybe I'll have to look into it. I tried playing it on the PC many years ago, and it was pretty much unplayable.

As for ST ports, I'm still hoping one day we'll see RoboCop. Maybe by the time the next movie comes out ...

Yeah. The game really is pretty decent... but it's just not a good PC game. It's a much more playable game with a controller.

Prince of Persia

4d boxing

Empire strikes back

Galax 3d

D&d dragonlance

Final fight

Double dragon 1-3

Human killing machine

Realms

Karateka

Thundercats

Impressive list of future carts!

• Like 1

Would be possible replace standard line painting code with blitter's fastest one?

Never do stuff like this unless the rest is 100% as you don't know what you might break. At that point you can evaluate if you can be bothered or not ;)

I'm a huge Shadowgate fan, so it would be cool to see a Jag port of the ST version. Mouse support would probably be helpful, but they obviously pulled it off without it on the NES (along with Uninvited and Deja Vu).

I've never tried the ST version of Shadowgate, but the NES version is one of my favorite games, absolutely love the music.

• Like 1