IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

On 6/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, Lost Dragon said:

What about:Times Of Lore?

Times of Lore is my best game i ever play on C64. Really great game. Atari ST version has improved graphics and this is one of ST games I would most like to have on the Jaguar.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

It's not an emulator, but basically it's been done by Matthias Domin nearly 20 years ago:

http://mdgames.de/tosonjag.htm

I had heard about this, but hadn't ever seen pictures.  Too bad it's hardware based.  But hey, a solution for those that wanted to play GEM games on the Jag :P

Would be cheaper to buy an ST to play the games on than to build these, I bet.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:45 AM, CyranoJ said:

There was this relatively unknown title called "Defender of the Crown"... Dunno if you've heard of it?

Nope, is it cool? 

*smirk*

I'm waiting for my mouse adapter to fire that up on the Jag.  Does it have that cheat that the ST version had?  (Maybe it was broken on the ST)  but you could just go to the lower corner when jousting and win every time on the version I had way back when.

2 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

What's the best way to get a few of the "Available from Gaztee" titles listed here in physical form? I've tried via PM and also via Peleiades81@gmail.com without success. Any insight would be great!

The best way is probably to wait, he's on holiday.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I take it this Rick Dangerous cart + box is an "illegal" reproduction? Looks like the same seller has been selling Rick Dangerous cart-only for the past few months, too, and also has current listings for original Jaguar games in repro form, including Rayman, AvP, Power Drive Rally and others...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RICK-DANGEROUS-Atari-Jaguar/133109192861?hash=item1efded189d:g:NFUAAOSw6RRdJ0fq#shpCntId

That's a lot of cheap games he has been selling, and decent looking boxes too... No wonder collecting video games will become a lottery for people as to if they get reproductions or originals in the future... The quality of repros will only get better and better, and it certainly won't cost them much to add a manual if they can source the originals... As always when things become valuable there will always be someone making fakes and knocking them out at a bargain bucket price. 

On 7/10/2019 at 10:08 AM, TwinFami said:

Will any of these work on the upcoming Jaguar SD? There's a couple I see that I would like on a physical cart, but I don't think they are being sold.

It's why they're all Skunklocked and we can't have nice things.  I know quite a few people now not releasing .rom / .abs files because they'll end up on ebay.  Unlike 15 years ago, it really is happening now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

I take it this Rick Dangerous cart + box is an "illegal" reproduction? Looks like the same seller has been selling Rick Dangerous cart-only for the past few months, too, and also has current listings for original Jaguar games in repro form, including Rayman, AvP, Power Drive Rally and others...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RICK-DANGEROUS-Atari-Jaguar/133109192861?hash=item1efded189d:g:NFUAAOSw6RRdJ0fq#shpCntId

Yep, that's a bootleg, and he's making other pirate games as well. There's a copy of Total Carnage he's selling, for instance.  Lawrence should be able to get those Rick Dangerous listings removed, and Carl the Total Carnage (I'll let him know about it).

..Al

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yep, that's a bootleg, and he's making other pirate games as well. There's a copy of Total Carnage he's selling, for instance.  Lawrence should be able to get those Rick Dangerous listings removed, and Carl the Total Carnage (I'll let him know about it).

..Al

Good stuff. I spotted a Worms on there, too, so Pete @ Telegames could get that one removed.

• Like 1

Just now, Albert said:

Three strikes like that would probably be enough to get his account suspended.

I sure hope so, I stopped reporting bootlegs on other systems years ago because EBay never seemed to do anything about it. But then again I wasn't the copyright holder, so perhaps that was part of it.

5 minutes ago, madman said:

I sure hope so, I stopped reporting bootlegs on other systems years ago because EBay never seemed to do anything about it. But then again I wasn't the copyright holder, so perhaps that was part of it.

I've learned that eBay doesn't do jack shit if you report a bootleg unless you are the copyright owner.  The only reliable way of getting auctions removed is to file a DMCA or VeRO claim.  It is a complete waste of time otherwise. 

..Al

On 7/9/2019 at 8:38 PM, TwinFami said:

There's a couple I see that I would like on a physical cart, but I don't think they are being sold.

Which ST ports did you want on physical cart? You can PM @Gaztee and he in all likelihood will be able to sell you a cart-only copy or complete in box set of the port or ports that interest you. It's my understanding he's one of the only guys that have been given the green light to do this. 

30 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Good stuff. I spotted a Worms on there, too, so Pete @ Telegames could get that one removed.

Does Telegames still sell Worms (and other Jaguar / Lynx games?)  Last time I checked (admittedly years ago) it looked like they'd sold out of all their stock.

Edit: Offitopic: how long did it take you to get a complete collection of 7800 and XE GS games, and how much space does it take?

Edited by leech

5 minutes ago, leech said:

Does Telegames still sell Worms (and other Jaguar / Lynx games?)  Last time I checked (admittedly years ago) it looked like they'd sold out of all their stock.

Yes, they do. I just picked up some Jag titles from them (albeit not Telegames-specific games, but non-Telegames Jaguar games). Their stock is hit or miss but the rule of thumb is if a title on their site has a price tag next to it, it's in stock, while a zeroed out price means it's out of stock. Looks like Worms is currently in stock for £62.50. Songbird Productions also has Worms in stock for $99.95. 

To your edit, it took me about two years to get a complete 7800 collection and one year to get a complete XEGS collection. And a whole lot of dollars!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arvidd said:

Supercars 2 anyone?

in my mind one of the very best ST games. I remember getting a level from a cover disk and playing it to death. When finally the full game was released that was almost a religious experience.

My personal experience exactly.

Loved that game sooo much ☺