IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

4 minutes ago, steve-vx said:

Great, finally a Tennis game - but why not Great Courts, which is possibly the best and most playable game of Tennis on the ST, according to many incl. myself?! 

Cuz I never liked that, but played Passing Shot for hours.

2 hours ago, steve-vx said:

Great, finally a Tennis game - but why not Great Courts, which is possibly the best and most playable game of Tennis on the ST, according to many incl. myself?! 

These st ports will prolly go on for the next 10+ years. It’s only a matter of time!

ill buy boTH of these of course. Either two player simultaneous?

Edited by Sapicco

5 hours ago, steve-vx said:

I agree. Great Courts 2 is even better and very close to "Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis" on the SNES, which was considered one of the best console tennis games of the 16 bit era alongside Final Match Tennis. I am surprised the ST got that kind of quality sport games. Definetely worth a port. 

Edited by agradeneu
minor correction
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, swapd0 said:

IMO Tennis cup was better, never played the second part.

That one has nice graphics too but I think gameplay looks a bit too slow and the low point of view is not my favourite. ;-) Also the speed of the shots/power of strokes look always the same, I miss the dynamics.

Edited by agradeneu
adding
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:36 PM, steve-vx said:

Would a port of one of the rare good strategy games on the ST be worth considering? I am thinking of Utopia or Populous maybe (I do know about and own Defender ot Crown of course). There is not even a decent port of chess available on the Jag or is it?

Battlechess was annouced and Atari say started,Interplay seemed to deny.. 

That was going to be ye oldie ST Battlechess with better colours and sprite scaling, so it'd be rather ironic if the ST original does get ported :-)) 

ST Strategy games? 

Fair few worthy ones to choose from:

Populous 1 and 2

Realms

Powermonger 

Supremacy

Utopia

Etc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd fill another gap in the library and give us a good gun/zombie shooter game!  

Still WIP, has a few issues, but does have Amiga music.  I wouldn't want to release this kind of game with bugs, that would be most irritating. Can't believe nobody's done one worth playing before.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

On 12/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, Lost Dragon said:

Battlechess was annouced and Atari say started,Interplay seemed to deny.. 

That was going to be ye oldie ST Battlechess with better colours and sprite scaling, so it'd be rather ironic if the ST original does get ported :-)) 

ST Strategy games? 

Fair few worthy ones to choose from:

Populous 1 and 2

Realms

Powermonger 

Supremacy

Utopia

Etc

Empire: Wargame of the Century.  I used to play the hell out of that.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:21 AM, Benaiah1025 said:

I would love to see Final Fight get a release on the Atari Jaguar, and while I know Night Trap was not on the ST, I would buy Night Trap in a heart beat if it were on the Atari Jaguar.

Not tempted to pick up say a PlayStation 4?

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle on PSN:

Games included: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Warriors of Fate, as well as two games that were previously unavailable on consoles: Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit

And Night Trap had a limited Physical release, but was on PSN as well i think.

No idea how much Sega CD machines go for, but Final Fight on that was night and day compared to the ST version. 

ST Final Fight should of been done for the STE hardware to start with, but it didn't help matters with the coder not being a fan of the Arcade version when he carried out the conversion for creative materials. 

3 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Not tempted to pick up say a PlayStation 4?

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle on PSN:

Games included: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Warriors of Fate, as well as two games that were previously unavailable on consoles: Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit

And Night Trap had a limited Physical release, but was on PSN as well i think.

No idea how much Sega CD machines go for, but Final Fight on that was night and day compared to the ST version. 

ST Final Fight should of been done for the STE hardware to start with, but it didn't help matters with the coder not being a fan of the Arcade version when he carried out the conversion for creative materials. 

Someone did an upgraded version of Final Fight for the AGA systems.  Wonder if we could get one for the Falcon? 

These days you can get a MegaSD that supports CD Images for the Genesis, so no need to get a SegaCD anymore (of course they came out after I already bought one....)

• Like 2