IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

On 12/31/2019 at 11:26 AM, Zerosquare said:

This reminds me that the Jaguar supports light guns... If only hardware was downloadable...

Ha, I had no idea it supported light guns, makes sense though, since I think the Extended Joystick ports on the Falcon / 520/1040STe (it was missing on the Mega STe for some reason) supports analog and light guns if I recall.

Yeah, too bad there wasn't a light gun made for it..  Would love to see an actual port of Area 51...  May have a reason to buy one of these.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't seen them either. Just spent the last couple of hours playing some of them on my SD cart :)

is the Midnight Resistance music from the ST version? Impressive if so (I only had an Amiga growing up sorry...)

I noticed stunt car racer didn't save my progress on a restart, is that normal? Midnight resistance saved my high score

thanks for the games!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, str0m said:

I hadn't seen them either. Just spent the last couple of hours playing some of them on my SD cart :)

is the Midnight Resistance music from the ST version? Impressive if so (I only had an Amiga growing up sorry...)

I noticed stunt car racer didn't save my progress on a restart, is that normal? Midnight resistance saved my high score

thanks for the games!

Midnight Resistance is the Arcade music. The ST only had music on the Title screen and not as good as what’s in the Jag port

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2016 at 7:58 PM, CyranoJ said:

Out of the recent ones suggested I like the idea of:

Flying Shark (Was one of my dad's favorite games), Rick Dangerous II, Golden Axe, Commando and Dynamo.

*however*

I'm feeling a bit burnt out lately. I really want to get Rebooteroids out, finish up the Minter cart, slowly clean up the remaining ports.... and take a long, long break from all the crazy (99% of you have no idea what actually goes on with some people or how much trouble they cause)

Good to see Empire Strikes Back Being released.   I've always liked the snowspeeders battling AT-ATs on Hoth.   Fun in this game too. 

So how do you feel about porting Golden Axe these days?   Is it one that fits in the memory of the Jag?   (can help with sound effects.). :D

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, leech said:

I finally sat down and played the ST version of Joust, and now I know why the Jaguar version exists with corrected sounds.  I need to play that now...

Joust remains one of my favorite ports because... Joust.  :D   the ST had great graphics, and thankfully with CJ's way to add sounds the Jaguar had all of the Atari platforms to choose from for sounds.   So the Jaguar has the best port of Joust overall. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

Joust remains one of my favorite ports because... Joust.  :D   the ST had great graphics, and thankfully with CJ's way to add sounds the Jaguar had all of the Atari platforms to choose from for sounds.   So the Jaguar has the best port of Joust overall. 

ST version was last version i really poured time into.

Outstanding to hear it's been improved apon for it's Jaguar conversion. 

Great work by CyranoJ yet again.

36 minutes ago, rurounin said:

uooooooooooo   this works on jagsd ????

Which Jag SD one are you asking about and what type of programs currently run on yours?

(I can think of a few versions of a "Jag SD" why I ask.)

1 hour ago, Lost Dragon said:

ST version was last version i really poured time into.

Outstanding to hear it's been improved apon for it's Jaguar conversion. 

Great work by CyranoJ yet again.

Ha, yeah I'm greedy and was wondering if there is anyone backporting the new features for the ST to Jaguar games back to the ST version for maybe an STe enhanced version.  Joust with arcade sounds  would be awesome there.

I Really need to set up my tablet to transfer things to the Skunkboard!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rurounin said:

I´ve got a SainT´s flashcart 

Oh wow.  I've been on the list for a while for one of those.   The Saint handles rom images from what I heard so Joust and other ports can be played on it if that is the case.

10 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

Oh wow.  I've been on the list for a while for one of those.   The Saint handles rom images from what I heard so Joust and other ports can be played on it if that is the case.

Are orders back open , really want one off these. I love my LYNX SD had that since it came out. 

41 minutes ago, AtariDean said:

Are orders back open , really want one off these. I love my LYNX SD had that since it came out. 

I am glad I located my second one!  Now that I have both Lynxes with new LCDs... time to find a friend to play them with!

2 hours ago, AtariDean said:

Not yet, but on his twitter page, Saint said he's getting much closer to having production (outsourced) resumed.  Sorry I don't have the links handy.

• Like 1