IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Sadly, although I have been a long time member of these forums, I really never considered venturing into the jaguar part until I recently acquired a RetroHQ Jaguar GameDrive.. I really only started poking around these parts wanting to look into support for that device. I've owned my Jaguar for a good while too.

What I found was allot more than I bargained for. I had no idea that there were so many homebrews and conversions.

Now, on the downside, being so late to the party, I have missed the opportunity to acquire quite a few games. Although, it's sad, I understand the whole locking the ROMs to JagSD, JagGD and Skunk cart systems. Shoot, I would still pay for the games if it was directly from the creators similar to what Orion and few other have done (I have bought most of Orion's games already to put on my cart). As I believe in supporting them for their time and efforts, in turn the support makes them want to make more. I get that.  C'est la vie. I guess I just need to pay attention to the awesome work going on here and try not to miss stuff in the future.

Edited by Dreygor

30 minutes ago, Dreygor said:

Sadly, although I have been a long time member of these forums, I really never considered venturing into the jaguar part until I recently acquired a RetroHQ Jaguar GameDrive.. I really only started poking around these parts wanting to look into support for that device. I've owned my Jaguar for a good while too.

What I found was allot more than I bargained for. I had no idea that there were so many homebrews and conversions.

Welcome, now go spread the word that the Jaguar forum isn't Mos Eisley ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Welcome, now go spread the word that the Jaguar forum isn't Mos Eisley ;) 

Thank you and I certainly hope not as I do not want to deal with scum and villainy of a dirty spaceport, however always remember bounty hunters can be found anywhere if the price is right.

Edited by Dreygor
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 5:08 AM, CyranoJ said:

Those with GDs and Skunks, enjoy!

image.thumb.png.5ea90857d57aa95959ac2186cbe90e74.png

R-Type 2 - GD&Skunk.rom 4 MB · 161 downloads

R-Type 2 - GD&Skunk.mrq 31.05 kB · 125 downloads

U/D/L/R - Move

B - Fire (Hold to charge)

C - Autofire

A - Release Option Module

*# - Quit

Pause - Duh.

Just saw this, can't wait for my GD that's about to be shipped out. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone here remember a Pong clone for the Atari ST? it had sampled sound effects so it would sound like a tennis player screaming every time someone hit the ball. I believe maybe it was PD or Shareware. Could be a great port for the Jaguar

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stage_1_Boss said:

May I ask if you ever looked at the AtariST version of Arachnophobia, CJ?  I know it sounded like it might've interested you a while back when news was released of it being discovered / dumped, but unsure it ever crossed your mind after that point.

I'd forgotten all about that. Maybe!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, catmando said:

Apologies if this has already been asked, I see that on the first page Arkanoid Revenge of DOH-SD_Skunk.zip is the only image that is marked as 'Unavailable'. Any reason why or is this a board glitch?

Marked as complete here....

image.png.b8ea8457c8b3430e6ba9d6a92ee7628f.png

15 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Marked as complete here....

image.png.b8ea8457c8b3430e6ba9d6a92ee7628f.png

Thanks.

Apart from 'magic' how is it possible to run these games on the Jaguar? Does the Jag and ST share enough common hardware that the gaps can be filled in with some clever code to make these games work? Or is it a kind of emulation? Or both?

Just interested to know from a completely uneducated point of view?

1 hour ago, catmando said:

Thanks.

Apart from 'magic' how is it possible to run these games on the Jaguar? Does the Jag and ST share enough common hardware that the gaps can be filled in with some clever code to make these games work? Or is it a kind of emulation? Or both?

Just interested to know from a completely uneducated point of view?

The Sorcerous Wizardry of @CyranoJ
for the most part.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, catmando said:

Apart from 'magic' how is it possible to run these games on the Jaguar? Does the Jag and ST share enough common hardware that the gaps can be filled in with some clever code to make these games work?

Only a 68000, (un?)fortunately.

I'm gonna go with clever code and magic and a lot of time investment.