IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Yeah definitely a mega lo mania fan, I still play it a lot on snes and mega drive... Never played the amiga version though, I'm such a heretic. 

Pretty sure I still have the ST version around somewhere.  I am pretty sure it's the first game that had all digitized voices for things.  Though I could be wrong about that, certainly was the first one I played!

5 hours ago, leech said:

Pretty sure I still have the ST version around somewhere.  I am pretty sure it's the first game that had all digitized voices for things.  Though I could be wrong about that, certainly was the first one I played!

That "We're doomed!" is just the perfect soundtrack for life, when I open Facebook these days... Great game. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EddieHitler said:

I’d be quite interested to know this myself, particularly the Atari ST port of Starwars Arcade ?

If you go to post 1 in this topic, at the bottom there are 14 st ports that will work with the GD. Star Wars is one of them.  CyranoJ says all of them are available for the GD.  I was asking where the other ones are.

• 1 month later...

Please do not ask how to "dump the ROMs" of games that are still being sold in physical form and for which the developer/publisher has not released a binary of the game that can be used in other ways (such as with the Jaguar GameDrive).  Oftentimes licensing agreements will preclude making the binary available, or the developer may not want to make the binary available for one of many reasons.  We are exploring making binaries available in our store for games we sell, but again, it's unlikely all such games would be made available digitally. 

..Al

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Albert said:

Please do not ask how to "dump the ROMs" of games that are still being sold in physical form and for which the developer/publisher has not released a binary of the game that can be used in other ways (such as with the Jaguar GameDrive).  Oftentimes licensing agreements will preclude making the binary available, or the developer may not want to make the binary available for one of many reasons.  We are exploring making binaries available in our store for games we sell, but again, it's unlikely all such games would be made available digitally. 

..Al

How about letting us pay for digital copies? Like a few extra bucks as an optional add-on when buying the physical cart?

Edited by TheGameCollector

2 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

How about letting us pay for digital copies? Like a few extra bucks as an optional add-on when buying the physical cart?

The thing is, as soon as those games were made available, some people could not resist the urge to make money - they burnt CDs and made carts and put them on ebay. The man who did most of the work did not do it for personal gain and did not want others to skim off his work (and that of others), so he took them offline. 

I think there could be a DRM system put in place for the GD to counter such entrepreneurship, but we shall see...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, af0l said:

The thing is, as soon as those games were made available, some people could not resist the urge to make money - they burnt CDs and made carts and put them on ebay. The man who did most of the work did not do it for personal gain and did not want others to skim off his work (and that of others), so he took them offline. 

I think there could be a DRM system put in place for the GD to counter such entrepreneurship, but we shall see...

That could be a good idea. With only 200 copies of each in existence, it could also be a good way to sustain revenue from games that are out of print once they sell out.

I'm amazed that a series with such as big of following as Dizzy hasn't sold out the first 200 copies yet when they were released over 2 and 3 years ago. I would have assumed the demand would be closer to 1000. But maybe nobody's buying because more people are just used to playing those with keyboards on Amiga or Atari ST or they think $70 is too high. Personally I prefer the Jaguar controller over keyboard.

Edited by TheGameCollector

8 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

That could be a good idea. With only 200 copies of each in existence, it could also be a good way to sustain revenue from games that are out of print once they sell out.

I'm amazed that a series with such as big of following as Dizzy hasn't sold out the first 200 copies yet when they were released over 2 and 3 years ago. I would have assumed the demand would be closer to 1000. But maybe nobody's buying because more people are just used to playing those with keyboards on Amiga or Atari ST or they think $70 is too high. Personally I prefer the Jaguar controller over keyboard.

Indeed $70 is a considerable amount to spend on a classic game. Note, I'm not inferring it isn't worth it. I have to be picky about what I buy and with the pandemic who knows where people's finances are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alucardX said:

Indeed $70 is a considerable amount to spend on a classic game. Note, I'm not inferring it isn't worth it. I have to be picky about what I buy and with the pandemic who knows where people's finances are.

The Dizzy games are only $60.  I think Treasure Island Dizzy is close to 200 copies now, I'd need to look.  Fantasy Island Dizzy will catch up in time.  We do hope to produce more Dizzy titles as well.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1