IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

but with an Atari ST game you "only" need to convert the frame buffer from planar to chunky.

And emulate ACIA, and the MFP (Timers a,b,c,d), and the YM, and replace the disk IO routines (Usually DMA), and modify all the different interrupt levels set by changing the SR, the colourspace changes (fun! especially with timer B), get speed synchro correct (because the Jag isn't quite 2x faster, so you can't waste half a frame emulating), and, and, and.... :D

• Like 7

And emulate ACIA, and the MFP (Timers a,b,c,d), and the YM, and replace the disk IO routines (Usually DMA), and modify all the different interrupt levels set by changing the SR, the colourspace changes (fun! especially with timer B), get speed synchro correct (because the Jag isn't quite 2x faster, so you can't waste half a frame emulating), and, and, and.... :D

Pffft, easy bro! :D

• Like 3

Yes I know, that's why I said "only" in quotes.

• Like 2

You keep using that term.

I don't think it means what you think it does.

I think it means 'use the GPU to accelerate some code'. Hopefully we won't have to explain this in more detail to you, like we did with 'double buffering' and 'multi-threading'.

• Like 6

That looks great! Does look a bit smoother than playing it on the TT. How hard is it to take something like that, once you have the code running on the GPU to do something with CRY (I think that is the right term for the Jag's ability to take one color and blend it to others) then the 'road' could be blended together to make it smoother looking. If that makes any sense. And just wondering what the 'cost' of that would be.

That looks great! Does look a bit smoother than playing it on the TT. How hard is it to take something like that, once you have the code running on the GPU to do something with CRY (I think that is the right term for the Jag's ability to take one color and blend it to others) then the 'road' could be blended together to make it smoother looking. If that makes any sense. And just wondering what the 'cost' of that would be.

Thanks. And 'very' :D

• Like 1

I get that this is your work and you can pick and choose what you release, but just wondering if there is any particular reason some of these ports are marked complete but were never released?

ebay, etsy, and people attempting to 'blow the scene open'.

• Like 5

ebay, etsy, and people attempting to 'blow the scene open'.

That is the thing that is annoying. On the one hand you have super inflated prices for official games, which I think reproductions to drive down those is a good thing. But then you have assholes taking the work of others and then selling them for profit without permission. There is a weird line between the two for sure. But for me it is pretty simple, if it is no longer being commercially produced, or if the original developer has abandoned it completely and/or doesn't give a crap then it is fine to resell / reproduce.

On the other hand when some homebrew is made and people just throw your work out there so they can profit on it, even if you didn't intend on profitting yourself, I can totally see why you would stop releasing roms. It is a shame that a feww ass goblins have to ruin it for everyone else.

• Like 6