Jump to content
CyranoJ

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

Recommended Posts

I pumped quite a few quarters in "Alien Syndrome" arcade version back in the late 80s... Great memories with that one.

 

 

Edited by philipj
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, finally a Tennis game - but why not Great Courts, which is possibly the best and most playable game of Tennis on the ST, according to many incl. myself?! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, steve-vx said:

Great, finally a Tennis game - but why not Great Courts, which is possibly the best and most playable game of Tennis on the ST, according to many incl. myself?! 

Cuz I never liked that, but played Passing Shot for hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, steve-vx said:

Btw, is The Last Strike already out?

Not yet, early Q2 2020 is the hope.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steve-vx said:

Great, finally a Tennis game - but why not Great Courts, which is possibly the best and most playable game of Tennis on the ST, according to many incl. myself?! 

These st ports will prolly go on for the next 10+ years. It’s only a matter of time!

 

ill buy boTH of these of course. Either two player simultaneous?

Edited by Sapicco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sapicco said:

Either two player simultaneous?

Alien Syndrome is alternating turns.

Passing Shot can be vs ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, steve-vx said:

Great, finally a Tennis game - but why not Great Courts, which is possibly the best and most playable game of Tennis on the ST, according to many incl. myself?! 

I agree. Great Courts 2 is even better and very close to "Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis" on the SNES, which was considered one of the best console tennis games of the 16 bit era alongside Final Match Tennis. I am surprised the ST got that kind of quality sport games. Definetely worth a port. 

Edited by agradeneu
minor correction
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, swapd0 said:

IMO Tennis cup was better, never played the second part.

That one has nice graphics too but I think gameplay looks a bit too slow and the low point of view is not my favourite. ;-) Also the speed of the shots/power of strokes look always the same, I miss the dynamics.

Edited by agradeneu
adding
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 4:26 AM, agradeneu said:

Great Courts 2 really looks ace, excellent tennis gameplay.

 

 

THis looks way better than the other tennis game. Have never played either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a port of one of the rare good strategy games on the ST be worth considering? I am thinking of Utopia or Populous maybe (I do know about and own Defender ot Crown of course). There is not even a decent port of chess available on the Jag or is it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 9:36 PM, steve-vx said:

Would a port of one of the rare good strategy games on the ST be worth considering? I am thinking of Utopia or Populous maybe (I do know about and own Defender ot Crown of course). There is not even a decent port of chess available on the Jag or is it?

Battlechess was annouced and Atari say started,Interplay seemed to deny.. 

That was going to be ye oldie ST Battlechess with better colours and sprite scaling, so it'd be rather ironic if the ST original does get ported :-)) 

 

 

ST Strategy games? 

 

Fair few worthy ones to choose from:

 

Populous 1 and 2

 

Realms

 

Powermonger 

 

Supremacy

 

Utopia

 

Etc

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I'd fill another gap in the library and give us a good gun/zombie shooter game!  

Still WIP, has a few issues, but does have Amiga music.  I wouldn't want to release this kind of game with bugs, that would be most irritating. Can't believe nobody's done one worth playing before.
 

 

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, Lost Dragon said:

Battlechess was annouced and Atari say started,Interplay seemed to deny.. 

That was going to be ye oldie ST Battlechess with better colours and sprite scaling, so it'd be rather ironic if the ST original does get ported :-)) 

 

 

ST Strategy games? 

 

Fair few worthy ones to choose from:

 

Populous 1 and 2

 

Realms

 

Powermonger 

 

Supremacy

 

Utopia

 

Etc

 

Empire: Wargame of the Century.  I used to play the hell out of that.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking, sounding & playing better now....
 
What kind of idiot would release a game like this without a mouse option?
 
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see Final Fight get a release on the Atari Jaguar, and while I know Night Trap was not on the ST, I would buy Night Trap in a heart beat if it were on the Atari Jaguar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 5:21 AM, Benaiah1025 said:

I would love to see Final Fight get a release on the Atari Jaguar, and while I know Night Trap was not on the ST, I would buy Night Trap in a heart beat if it were on the Atari Jaguar.

Not tempted to pick up say a PlayStation 4?

 

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle on PSN:

Games included: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Warriors of Fate, as well as two games that were previously unavailable on consoles: Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit

 

And Night Trap had a limited Physical release, but was on PSN as well i think.

 

No idea how much Sega CD machines go for, but Final Fight on that was night and day compared to the ST version. 

 

ST Final Fight should of been done for the STE hardware to start with, but it didn't help matters with the coder not being a fan of the Arcade version when he carried out the conversion for creative materials. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Not tempted to pick up say a PlayStation 4?

 

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle on PSN:

Games included: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Warriors of Fate, as well as two games that were previously unavailable on consoles: Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit

 

And Night Trap had a limited Physical release, but was on PSN as well i think.

 

No idea how much Sega CD machines go for, but Final Fight on that was night and day compared to the ST version. 

 

ST Final Fight should of been done for the STE hardware to start with, but it didn't help matters with the coder not being a fan of the Arcade version when he carried out the conversion for creative materials. 

 

Someone did an upgraded version of Final Fight for the AGA systems.  Wonder if we could get one for the Falcon? 

 

These days you can get a MegaSD that supports CD Images for the Genesis, so no need to get a SegaCD anymore (of course they came out after I already bought one....)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...