IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Strider! The other one I don't know yet. But with Golden Axe and that I will have to wrestle some time away from that life consuming Elden Ring run I'm on right now.:D thank you CJ, there are some really fond childhood memories stored inside those games.:)

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:39 AM, Saturn said:

My highest Darius+ score?

I was fighting the stage 1 boss, Fatty McGlutton? Don't know if I was even taking hit points off him but hung with him for about 3 minutes. And when I say 'hung with him' I mean 'got my ass kicked by him' :P

Great game!

darhighscore.thumb.jpg.cc5fd0580b761d96a5f3c6c277fee63b.jpg

Great stuff on the new batch of ST ports. These are great. Darius+ is my personal favorite of the bunch. I was just hanging in there with Fatty McGlutton too, until I noticed

Spoiler

You have to blast off individual fins in a particular order to beat it. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RollOut said:

Great stuff on the new batch of ST ports. These are great. Darius+ is my personal favorite of the bunch. I was just hanging in there with Fatty McGlutton too, until I noticed

Hide contents

Awesome,  thank you!

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, RollOut said:

Reveal hidden contents

So for those that like Darius+... what's the hook?   What got you liking it?

Asking in case I've missed something on this one and to appreciate it better.

7 hours ago, doctorclu said:

For me it's the "pew pew" sound when firing.?

Also, the challenge from the lack of distance of the shots. Navigating the tight areas where the ground and ceiling almost meet while being swarmed by enemies from behind that also drop bombs as they move up and down in a predictable pattern but still doesn't help bc the gunners on the ceilings and floor not only launch random attacks but launch themselves when you get to them.

Gets tough fast and I have to imagine peeps playing and beating this decades ago yet here I am, can't get past stage 1?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, doctorclu said:

I agree with what Saturn said. I also like how you upgrade your ship as you collect power ups. Your upgrades remain through the level, provided you don't die. I like this better than some similar games where you have limited time or ammo for your upgraded shots.

Also, I'm a fan of the sea-animal inspired bosses. So far I've only seen Fatty Glutton who looks a bit like a lionfish, and Octopus, who is shockingly... an octopus (I'm sensing a theme).

• Like 2

Thank you for the person giving the hint on Fatty McGlutten. I kept shooting like hell and it qas never racking up points as if doing no damage. The onlt points came from blowing up his missiles. I'll jump back in and try shooting off the fins. I started doing that before eventually dying.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Thank you @CyranoJ!  It was great to play this game on the stream, and I just played through the game again using this ROM. I can't stop loving this game.

Are there any big differences in this version compared to the last ROM?

6 hours ago, BitJag said:

Thank you @CyranoJ!  It was great to play this game on the stream, and I just played through the game again using this ROM. I can't stop loving this game.

Are there any big differences in this version compared to the last ROM?

No problem, just a music swap ;)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

No problem, just a music swap ;)

And... I didn't even notice.  Now I feel bad :)  I felt so at home with the ST version of the music it didn't even phase me.  Thanks again!   Did you use the YM2149 emulator that @Ericde45 recently put together to pull this off?

1 minute ago, BitJag said:

And... I didn't even notice.  Now I feel bad :)  I felt so at home with the ST version of the music it didn't even phase me.  Thanks again!   Did you use the YM2149 emulator that @Ericde45 recently put together to pull this off?

Not yet, but I plan to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks CJ, finally spent some time yesterday evening with Strider and Golden Axe, that was cool. But I also learned that I was way more patient as a child (the first Boss in Strider I had it better figured out when to jump). :-D

Still, seeing the intro and flying in with the glider brought back some really warm memories, there is something magical connected to these.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 7:14 PM, Gedalya said:

Star Wars is fun; however is there a way to invert the controls? I presume not but thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Yes there is- one of the buttons on the keypad does it but I can’t member which one, 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NorfolkState2003 said:

Do we have a complete list to date of which games were ported from Atari ST to Jaguar whether for the Skunk and/or GameDrive.  I love this thread, but it is now 73 pages long at the time of the post and definitely atleast 73 more to come over the years.

Have a look at the first page...

• Like 1