Sign in to follow this  
BalloonFighter

BalloonFighter's Marketplace

SEP 2016: I am currently placing my shop on hiatus. I hope to have things running back up soon. You can be sure that when I resume, things will be priced to sell! There's a good deal of stuff that's cluttering up my space, and I want it out!

Edited by BalloonFighter

Are the chips all socketed in the 600XL? Does the keyboard work at all? Is something damaged at the PCB where the keyboard connects to the motherboard or is the problem just in the keyboard itself?

Are the chips all socketed in the 600XL?

Whatever chips I saw that were socketed were seated fine.

Does the keyboard work at all?

Somewhat. The number line, the ASDF line, the left side of the ZXCV line, and the Space Bar do not work.

Are the chips all socketed in the 600XL? Does the keyboard work at all? Is something damaged at the PCB where the keyboard connects to the motherboard or is the problem just in the keyboard itself?

The part of the motherboard where the keyboard connects did not appear to be damaged in any way. The keyboard on this unit is the "Type 4" (Mylar) keyboard, which is prone to failing over time. More info on this keyboard can be found here.

Hope this helps!