IGNORED

Nintendo DS & 3DS Games That Use Only Touchscreen Controls

Out of curiosity I've been researching Nintendo DS and 3DS games lately, and as a little hobby project I'm attempting to compile a list of all the DS and 3DS games worth playing that can be controlled using nothing more than the touchscreen and stylus. The idea behind this project is to make a list of accessible games for people with disabilities who might have trouble holding the system in their hands and using the D-pad and buttons, but can still set the system on a table or in their lap and operate a stylus. I've got a pretty good list of original DS games going so far, but I've yet to find any 3DS games that use a "touchscreen only" control setup.

So, if you guys and gals have any recommendations to add to the list I'd love to hear them! :)

Here's what I've got so far:

DS
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Clubhouse Games
Elite Beat Agents
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Kirby: Mass Attack
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Meteos
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

3DS
???

Edited by Jin

Seems like there's this game Soul Bubbles that's good, simple and touch only, but I don't own it and never played it.

I just remembered a game Diabolik, a kinda Point and click adventure Investigation kinda game. I'm not sure it's touch only, but I do think it mostly is. And since it's Point and click even if you do Need to use a button here or there People with disabilities would certainly get away with it anyway.

On a side note, you could also look at games that require d-pad only, because the effect is the same. Like Pac Man and Frogger.

Orcs and elves isn't Touchscreen only for what I remember, but I do think People would be able to Play it just having the System on a table. I own the game, if you want me to I could test it.

To be sincere 90% of the time when there's use of the Touchscreen on the DS I wish that damned second Screen wasn't even there to begin with. Some games made good use of it though. I liked Wario Ware touch because it was the first I ever played. If I had experience with other games in the series I might have found that annoying, but as it was that game was really great.

Star Fox command, Zelda and some other games though...

• Like 1

I am far too lazy to check, but I would guess that most of the ports from mobile games have the option for nothing but touchscreen. Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, stuff like that. The mini games in New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64 come to mind as well. Also check this thread. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/925329-nintendo-ds/59856505

I think I'd prefer tablet or smartphone games designed for a capacitive screen over cartridges and resistive screens of the DS/3DS. They're cheaper, they're more of them, and using a stylus is optional. Making a list is going to be hell, though -- there are way too many games for that. It is a nice problem to have! It would probably best to have someone in your target audience curate a selection from different genres. There are even iOS games with no on-screen feedback that could be played by a blind person.

on the flip side, some of those DS games are actually pretty cheap, and the Stylus can actually be better, it's thin, doesn't get as much in the way of what going on on Screen, and is easier to be more precise. I'm not saying I disagree with you, I just mean some DS games might be a very decent choice. Specially the better ones like prof. Layton, EBA, rhythm heaven, big bang mini etc..

Used nintendo DS lites also seem to be worth nothing right now, and many come with a bunch of those games to begin with,

To be sincere 90% of the time when there's use of the Touchscreen on the DS I wish that damned second Screen wasn't even there to begin with. Some games made good use of it though. I liked Wario Ware touch because it was the first I ever played. If I had experience with other games in the series I might have found that annoying, but as it was that game was really great.

Star Fox command, Zelda and some other games though...

Oh hell yeah. I bound star fox command day one back then as I'm a huge fan of the series. They kept talking about how it was like the unreleased star fox 2, and it got me excited to try it. Ugh. That game was a hand cramping nightmare that just used the touch screen.....because.

In fact that reminds me of star fox zero. Off control scheme and a huge marketing push to make it sound like Starfox 2. Hmm.

• Like 1

Oh hell yeah. I bound star fox command day one back then as I'm a huge fan of the series. They kept talking about how it was like the unreleased star fox 2, and it got me excited to try it. Ugh. That game was a hand cramping nightmare that just used the touch screen.....because.

In fact that reminds me of star fox zero. Off control scheme and a huge marketing push to make it sound like Starfox 2. Hmm.

I was so angry when I heard they were making a Star Fox game with Motion controls. I felt Nintendo was taking a dump on my head and laughting at my face.

The ironic part of it, is that actual airplanes controll with a stick. If a stick is the right controll method for something it's for Star Fox. And they want me Swinging a tablet Controller around my face like some moron? That announcement happened pretty much around the time someone from nintendo was saying they were tired of making games for casuals and wanted to make games for their core audience again.

Whatever. Maybe the game is going to be good. I hope it is. But, you know...

I have mixed Feelings about the tablet on the WiiU. If they only used it when necessary there would be Little to complain about. Too bad in reality since it's there, gota do something with it right?

About the Hand cramping: Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the most briliant games I've ever played. But that game will make you disabled and you'll be looking at this Topic down the line after playing that. It's pretty much the same scheme as star Fox, but somehow feels even worse. Probably because of the slide thumb Thing they put on the System. Oh the pain...