IGNORED

RAPIDUS ACCELERATOR

lotharek

After many years of development , RAPIDUS release time is approaching..

few facts:

• internal CPU turbo card for Atari XL/XE,
  • WDC 65C816 microprocessor operating at 16MHz,
  • managed by Xilinx Spartan6 FPGA and XC95XL CPLD devices,
  • 512kb or 1MB of zero waitstate SRAM,
  • up to 30.5MB of storage ram - SDRAM clocked 128MHz,
  • 512kB of Flash memory (256kB is reserved for fpga cores, 256kB for OS and New Device handler)
  • 256b of EEPROM,
  • high speed bus connector for external I/O interfaces, DMA support,
  • working modes fully software controlled
  • low power consumption due to DC/DC converters, no extra power supply required
  • simple installation: put Rapidus board in place of old 6502C and solder just 3 wires, or use Adaptus board depends on the model of your computer. In this case you don’t have to solder any wires.
  • compatible with Ultimate 1MB,

People involved : Pasiu (hard), Draco (soft, dracos), many, many others....

4835538400_1370378729.jpg

5806311300_1370379007.jpg

Soon, XL adapter - so far XE version only

Please, share Your interest and support to creators of hardware - it really took 10 years to develop...

of course, at the end, is my humble person, that will produce and deliver to You this masterpiece..

Estimates: release- end of January, price - 140E

ALSO, I WANT TO STRESS THAT FACT IN PUBLIC with honours --- Flashjazz, Jon, my dearest, RAPIDUS BOARD for all support to ULTIMATE/SIDE project labelled with s/n : 00001 will be delivered to You for free - but promise, if we meet in real, at least one good bottle of vodka will be shared ;-)

Edited by lotharek
  • Like 24

ALSO, I WANT TO STRESS THAT FACT IN PUBLIC with honours --- Flashjazz, Jon, my dearest, RAPIDUS BOARD for all support to ULTIMATE/SIDE project labelled with s/n : 00001 will be delivered to You for free - but promise, if we meet in real, at least one good bottle of vodka will be shared ;-)

My deepest thanks for your generosity and sentiment. You have truly made my day, and I'm honoured to be deserving of s/n 00001. Here's hoping I can find room in the 1200XL for this. :)

Thanks again.

ps: Vokda will be bought in readiness. ;)

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 7

Is there no way to add this to an ingocnito equiped 800?

That's what I want to know. I was thinking of using a 40 wire ribbon cable, but don't know if capacitance or noise may be a problem.

Mounting it securely may also be an issue.

A replacement CPU card would be ideal, especially if there would be enough space to include a VBXE.

• Like 1

There are 2 versions of the CPU card for the 800. One that uses a standard 6502 or 65802 (or 65816 with the addition of one jumper wire), and another that uses the C014806 (Sally) CPU, same as the XL/XE.

It makes no difference which type card your computer was originally equipped with if a new Rapidus CPU card is made.

To install Rapidus on an 800 using a 40 wire jumper cable, the newer C014806 type CPU card would be required.