IGNORED

RAPIDUS ACCELERATOR

lotharek

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hopefully, several of you "early adopters" will have plenty of mods in your Atari stable, and can tell us what works and what doesn't. (What is the old saying about "pioneers?") :grin:

For instance, Rapidus is said to be compatible with the Ultimate 1 MB, but IIRC, that is only at 1.79 MHz. (?) Some things (hardware) may work fine at 1.79 but not at higher clocks. Some may not work at all. Hopefully the non-working category will be small, and perhaps some of those can be finessed later on. Anyway, I suspect that this will be akin to the Ultimate -- we will definitely need user docs/experiences shared here at AA.

Obviously, Simius' 65816 + 4 MB + 8 OS upgrade projected at less than 1/2 the price will make a tempting alternative. From my experiences, the 65816 + linear ram is the more important part of this. 8 OS -- that is just (great) gravy! In the long-run, Rapidus higher clock speed may prove more useful, especially if there are some "killer apps" written that need the speed. Right now -- not so much (IMO).

WWLD? -- well, I'll probably end up with both.

-Larry

• Like 1