IGNORED

Printshop Driver for Epson LQ printers

Mechanicjay

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Is the Print Shop Print Driver for the Atari 1020 by Innovative Concepts/Sector One Computers/Jim Steinbrecher floating around anywhere? I find mention of it in various places, but can't find the disk image anywhere.

Thanks

Bill

did you get what you were looking for?

Is the Print Shop Print Driver for the Atari 1020 by Innovative Concepts/Sector One Computers/Jim Steinbrecher floating around anywhere? I find mention of it in various places, but can't find the disk image anywhere.

Thanks

Bill

I was going to say I saw a video of someone printing a print shop page to a 1020 recently, then I saw it was by you! This would imply you eventually got the disk. :)

Its so ridiculous, it's awesome!

21+ minuites to print one page. Good grief. Right up there with making floppy drives play stepper motor music. :) Good VCF fodder I'm sure!

• Like 4

I was going to say I saw a video of someone printing a print shop page to a 1020 recently, then I saw it was by you! This would imply you eventually got the disk. :)

Its so ridiculous, it's awesome!

21+ minuites to print one page. Good grief. Right up there with making floppy drives play stepper motor music. :) Good VCF fodder I'm sure!

Watching that video makes me appreciate how fast my first printer was.

Attached is the zipped up .atx file of the front of the Atari 1020 Print Shop driver disk from Innovative Concepts made with Kryoflux.

The back side has the driver for the Print Shop Companion, but I haven't tried or copied that yet.

Nice.

Did you already submit it to Farb?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Attached is the zipped up .atx file of the front of the Atari 1020 Print Shop driver disk from Innovative Concepts made with Kryoflux.

The back side has the driver for the Print Shop Companion, but I haven't tried or copied that yet.

attachicon.gif424a.zip

Both sides of disk are now available here, thanks to Bill.

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-print-shop-printer-driver-atari-1020_15981.html

Allan

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hmmm this is strange.

Finally I found some time to try out the PrintShop Epson LQ printerdriver. 

I do have an Epson LQ 400 24pins printer, which works great with The Last Word. It is connected through my Atari 850. Works always great.

I tried to print anything, following the exact instructions. The program says that the Epson LQ 500 driver has been loaded. So far everything seems to be great. But now it comes.

The printer does not do anything. Yes it is online, and there is paper loaded.

Any suggestions?

Ok tried now with the 24pinPSdriver.atr disk. That worked. I first tried with the other disk mentioned in this thread (not for the Compandium, but also for Print Shop), but with that one my printer did not do anything. 

I should test it again, to be 100% sure that disk is wrong.

I print regularly with the LQ drivers to both the Print Shop and The Print Shop Companion.

There are now three driver disks mentioned in this thread:

1) The LQ driver for The Printshop
2) The LQ driver for The Printshop Companion
3) The 1020 plotter driver for The Printshop.

I would just double check that you're loading the right driver.