IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon.....new console from Coleco

lucifershalo

Oh lord, I hadn't followed this in a bit until I was reading Gamespot and they said someone from Atari Age figured out Retro VGS was using an SNES board and a capture card! Wow!

Please let this train wreck try to continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't know. It makes me kind of sad actually. I really wanted an updated coleco compatible system which can play the original cartridges. Sad to see it didn't turn out.

You'll get your modern CV console eventually, if Kevtris keeps working on his Zimba 3000. :)

And there's also 5-11under's motherboard replacement project, which I hope will be completed.

• Like 3

I don't know. It makes me kind of sad actually. I really wanted an updated coleco compatible system which can play the original cartridges. Sad to see it didn't turn out.

I don't think the Chameleon would have played original cartridges.

You'll get your modern CV console eventually, if Kevtris keeps working on his Zimba 3000. :)

And there's also 5-11under's motherboard replacement project, which I hope will be completed.

There's been some delays, but hopefully this year sometime to make at least the first few.

• Like 5

But wasn't it filled with hot air already... :-D

So was the Hindenburg. It did not land nicely. :ponder:

Yes, but Zimba 3000 is the brain child of a highly competent developer. The same cannot be said of Chameleon.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Could I get an update on this device? *duck and cover* :P

It's quite simple really. Jag has has a hardware update. Due to ineptitude of Atari, in addition to Coleco, to adress the runaway success of the SNES platform eroding Jaguar sales, hardware has been updated replaced with that of an SNES mini.

Strategy:

1) Purchase Jaguar tooling

2) Steal SNES hardware

3) Release prototype at Toyfair

4) ???

5) Hire assassin

5) Silence "Hater Brigaders"

6) ???

7) Mmmm 'kay ???

8) ???

9) Profit!

TL:DR "Cliffnotes" version:

post-33189-0-67724100-1463543812_thumb.png

• Like 4

I still wonder to this day this *possible* scenario...

Mike actually had 100% intentions to bring a device like this to market, HOWEVER, he did not have it ready for the toy fair, so he faked it to buy himself some time. Faking it was terrible, of course, but I seek to know the TRUTH.

Instead of being HONEST about his actual progress on the project, he chose to be deceitful perhaps. Because many people were counting on him, and there was a lot of pressure and negativity? I have seen incredible amounts of naysayers and people being depressingly negative about anything people try to do!! I personally would never have the guts to even try to do anything creative in the face of that. Perhaps it is best to just keep my creations to myself, or my closest friends (if I had any creations in this hypothetical). I wonder how many projects have failed because other people were so merciless.

Just brainstorming here.

To this day, Mike still responds to people regarding his Retro Magazine (I saw him write to someone in April 2016). He still provides customer service to them. If he really was a complete scammer through and through, why would he bother with ensuring customer satisfaction regarding his magazine?

Edited by KAZ

He Kaz... there is a length history with this product (Retro system that morphed into the Coleco Chameleon) and ample threads, video, podcasts, etc. that can aid you in drawing a very clear and justified opinion of Mike when it comes to his efforts to develop and release a new cartridge based retro system. The evidence is all right there for you and will explain why SO MANY have been so harsh. The largest majority would have loved to have seen Mike succeed in releasing a new system, so don't put the failure on all the people that called him out for his lies, deceptions and utter lack of class when it comes to this product. Aside from that, I don't know him at all and he could be a decent person as you say.

Being a big Coleco fan, Mike and the current rights holders to the Coleco name will forever be ^#*/*@^**/^@^*$. Sorry for that Q*bert moment as I did't want Al or one of the Mods to have to edit what I really wanted to say.

• Like 6

I just watched a video Kevtris did on Zimba 3000.

I think it is a wonderful philosophy/procedure to put constructing hardware WAY before thinking of marketing. I would love to buy anything Kevtris puts out, after seeing the actual devices in operation (on his video).

• Like 1