IGNORED

PC interface for the Adam Keyboard

intvdave

and trying to hold shift to select multiple files doesn't work. oh well. i'm sure i'll find more frustrating things. but that stuff pales in comparison to how awesome it is to use this keyboard again.

Yes.... this is because SHIFT does not work like the PC key :(

I had wished this worked as you want it to work but there is no way around what the keyboard is doing...at least from the interfaces point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has just the keyboard and is missing the cord to connect the keyboard to the Adam (or soon to be released interface), here is a link where you can buy a cable.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=939

I bought one and it works perfectly.

I am thinking the interface could be installed inside the keyboard. We are still trying to figure this out....

Thanks for this tip!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, it's been a few days since the Coleco ADAM Keyboard Adapter was advertised in the forum. Now I would like to use our Coleco emulator on the MSX computer with the keyboard and I am very interested in a new edition.
The cross development from MSX and to Colecovision has borne a lot of fruits in the last years, because of the similar hardware it is easy to realize. So if you have a keyboard adapter in stock or are producing some again, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2020 at 5:59 PM, intvdave said:

I just received 2 interfaces. Markus will probably take one. Let me know if you are still interested.

Hello, I would love to buy one of these interfaces.  The Coleco ADAM was my very first computer, but the one that I have now has a very poor connection to my TV.  It would be wonderful to be able to use the keyboard with an emulator.  Especially now that ColEM for Windows and Android supports ADAM.

Does anyone know whether there is also a ColecoVision game controller adapter to USB?

6 hours ago, timepilot said:

Hello, I would love to buy one of these interfaces.  The Coleco ADAM was my very first computer, but the one that I have now has a very poor connection to my TV.  It would be wonderful to be able to use the keyboard with an emulator.  Especially now that ColEM for Windows and Android supports ADAM.

Does anyone know whether there is also a ColecoVision game controller adapter to USB?

This might be more than what you are looking for but check out:

http://intellivision.us/interface.php

For one controller, check out:

http://2600-daptor.com/

The Adam keyboard interface board is $70 + shipping. Shipping outside the U.S. is not cheap $25-$30 to Canada and around $40 to Europe. If you are interested in this, please contact me directly.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, bsittler said:

If there is another batch I am interested in two of these. Very cool, and I saw a photo of one attached to an FPGA MSX clone recently which piqued my interest

I do not think so. DaveC should have received one but it was the last one. There is not enough interest for another run. Sorry.

1 minute ago, intvdave said:

I do not think so. DaveC should have received one but it was the last one. There is not enough interest for another run. Sorry.

Thanks for the reply, and that's too bad. Is it possible to get the design files and firmware for personal, non-commercial use? Certainly willing to pay for that personal use in case it helps

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 3:08 PM, intvdave said:

Perhaps all the tech info can be passed on to someone with the skills and proven track record to hopefully make these available again. Tekman comes to mind.

• 11 months later...