IGNORED

WTB : Stuff from Russia, need help

CatPix

Helloes all.

SO i'm looking for stuff from Russia... Old computers and video games.

I can look on Russian ad sites, but it seems that I can't contact anyone if my IP says I'm not in Russia or something. Plus, I do'nt speak Russian so it doesn't help much asking stuff to people. And a lot of peopel would get suspiscious to receive e mails from people so far out of Russia to buy them old stuff.

So What I need, mmore than the machines, is someone from Russia, that could do the payment, receive the item and reship them back if the seller refuse to ship them internationally.

Of course I'd pay first by Paypal heh.

So if there is any Russian guy around here, or any kind member of AA who knows one, I'll be glad to hear about you :)

Works too I suppose for someone from the ex-USSR block.

Just in case, I' mostly seek for an Elektronika BK, a Vector 06C, a Spectrum clone (preferably the Robik) and a Videosport Pong console.

Yeah. I check often on ePay, But usually a Videoposrt 3 sold for 155$ on ePay. The same on Avito (Russian ad site) can be found here for as little as 12$.

Even with a double shipping, I'll still save much. And not feed a ratseller.

I halready saw an Elektronika BK but once in a blue moon.

Spectrum clones sell for anything betwenn 75$ and 200$.

Edited by CatPix

• 3 weeks later...

Chances are you won't find someone to do that ... mainly for 3 reasons:

- if you ship something out of Russia, then you have to provide your passport ID etc. - that means unnecessary trouble Russians tend to avoid (hence "no shipping abroad" in many avito announces)

- if a Russian citizen receives money from abroad, he has to provide documents what he got the money for before it's credited to his account to avoid money laundering

- language barrier - most of the sellers on Avuto don't speak any English

I just got back from Moscow and bought a few things of Avito - and it wasn't as easy as I would have wanted it to be (even with a Russian on my side) ... I basically had to travel all over Moscow to collect the stuff and half the time it wasn't even as it was advertised on the pictures on Avito ... so if you don't collect it in person you might be in for disappointment a number of times before you get what you want ...

Chances are you won't find someone to do that ... mainly for 3 reasons:

- if you ship something out of Russia, then you have to provide your passport ID etc. - that means unnecessary trouble Russians tend to avoid (hence "no shipping abroad" in many avito announces)

- if a Russian citizen receives money from abroad, he has to provide documents what he got the money for before it's credited to his account to avoid money laundering

- language barrier - most of the sellers on Avuto don't speak any English

I just got back from Moscow and bought a few things of Avito - and it wasn't as easy as I would have wanted it to be (even with a Russian on my side) ... I basically had to travel all over Moscow to collect the stuff and half the time it wasn't even as it was advertised on the pictures on Avito ... so if you don't collect it in person you might be in for disappointment a number of times before you get what you want ...

Aye. I wasn't aware of the Id and money checking stuff, tho I guessed that there was a good reason why you almsot never see stuff from Russia on international sales sites.

It's one reason why I want help from someone in Russia - he can communicate with Avidto sellers, send them the money (or go check out the items but that's pushing a lot to ask so someone you doesn't know) and he would have to deal with the money and shipping once - he get money from me because I buy him a lot of old stuff.

I think the hardest part is probably to find a Russian guy on AtariAge :P I should check if there is an ElektronikaAge :D (there is mroe than one - fan site about retrogaming in Russia - but they are all un Russian of course).

Thing is - he get's money from you for stuff he sends you - that's pretty much why they would ask him to pay taxes on the money then (besides all the checking if he does other selling like that etc.) - that's why I think it's unlikely that someone is willing to go through all the trouble unless you really pay him handsomely - and then you are probably almost as well off on ebay ;-) but anyways good luck! if you find someone who is willing to do that kind of thing for a percentage of what the items cost let me know - I am still looking for more stuff myself :D

On avito.ru, I see that Elektronika BK computers sells for between 2 000 and 8 000 rubles ( 12 to 100E) Spectrum clones are everywhere in term of prices, but an average of 3 000 rubles can be used...

And the few Videosport pongs I saw were selling around 4 000 rubles.

So it's a total of 15 000 rubles, about 187 Euros.

That's the average price of ONE soviet computer on eBay, so unless we're talking about a tax of more than 50%, it's still money-saving to get a local to fiddle with such troubles :D