IGNORED

20 Best Space Games on PC

JamesD

I'm glad Freespace is on there. I played that a lot on the family computer in the late 90's. When my parents bought me a joystick it made it much more fun.

Elite Dangerous I love but haven't had the time lately to play it because of work. It's one of those games I have to set aside a couple hours for.

Tie Fighter is another game I have to set aside some hours for. I also need a tablet or second screen just to display the controls or I'd be screwed. I wish someone would make an update to this or a single player game where you're a Stormtrooper fighting for the Empire. That's one of the reasons why I love the Battlefront games.

Tie Fighter is another game I have to set aside some hours for. I also need a tablet or second screen just to display the controls or I'd be screwed.

The controls in TIE Fighter are simpler than you think, you really only NEED a few keys that could be mapped to your controller buttons. It would be cool to have a dedicated second screen with smartly laid out and labeled controls. Do you or anyone else know of an app that could be configured in this way? I would be happy to make and share a template if such a thing exists. I've dabbled in remote control apps for this kind of thing but they all have full keyboards, which is no different from using the standard unmarked keyboard. Especially when the F9/F10 keys are on a separate page.

• Like 1

The controls in TIE Fighter are simpler than you think, you really only NEED a few keys that could be mapped to your controller buttons. It would be cool to have a dedicated second screen with smartly laid out and labeled controls. Do you or anyone else know of an app that could be configured in this way? I would be happy to make and share a template if such a thing exists. I've dabbled in remote control apps for this kind of thing but they all have full keyboards, which is no different from using the standard unmarked keyboard. Especially when the F9/F10 keys are on a separate page.

Powergrid might work. I used it on my android phone and tablet a few times for Elite Dangerous. Pretty sure you can create templates on the PC side of the app. A template that looks like the inside of a Tie Fighter would be great.