IGNORED

SGM ARE IN!

juice2839

That's right the Say Game Module (100% Super Game Module compatible) are in. These do everything the original Super game module did PLUS MORE!!!

Besides being here in the flesh and real, not vapor hardware it has some awesome added features.

The Say Game Module also has the ability to speak.... That's right it also incorporates the SPO256A-AL2 speech synthesizer.

It of coarse also has the added 32k ram and AY-3-89XX sound support..

Also these are the same size as the original SGM so they should fit in that case or the Famicom case nicely :)

These are SWEEEEETTTT !!!!

post-40829-0-97196700-1450834986_thumb.jpg

post-40829-0-07577300-1450835026_thumb.jpg

post-40829-0-10295800-1450835046_thumb.jpg

Edited by juice2839
  • Like 12

That's right the Say Game Module (100% Super Game Module compatible) are in. These do everything the original Super game module did PLUS MORE!!!

Besides being here in the flesh and real, not vapor hardware it has some awesome added features.

The Say Game Module also has the ability to speak.... That's right it also incorporates the SPO256A-AL2 speech synthesizer.

It of coarse also has the added 32k ram and AY-3-89XX sound support..

Also these are the same size as the original SGM so they should fit in that case or the Famicom case nicely :)

These are SWEEEEETTTT !!!!

Now that is cool, but you're killing me with that name! I would have thought something more along the lines of "juicevoice" or "juicevox" but hey you created it, not me.

Whats the $$$ on these and do they come fully assembled? When you say they should fit in the original SGM case do the holes line up and have you actually tested it?

Nice work btw.

Now that is cool, but you're killing me with that name! I would have thought something more along the lines of "juicevoice" or "juicevox" but hey you created it, not me.

Whats the $$$ on these and do they come fully assembled? When you say they should fit in the original SGM case do the holes line up and have you actually tested it?

Nice work btw.

We measured an original SGM and designed the PCB to be the exact same size so it should fit like a glove. The name was put on the PCB by Richard the pcb designer,The artwork on the Famicom case says Juicebox Speech Game Module.

If I remember well from a previous topic, it was expected for $49. He does a video about the speech feature too...

It was easily programmed sending phonemes codes sequences through the AY 8bit i/o port, instead of left it wasted.

(fix me, if I'm wrong...)

Edited by TotOOntHeMooN

A few questions on this:

When will be the release date of this?

i think its now?

(Hopefully not another "when it's done")

What will be the price?

49$ was the price for the other pcb without the speech chip so i expect the price will be a little bit higher.... more chip more pcb more assembly time but its just my tought...

Will it be fully compatible with the European CBS console (non SCART)?

this i cant say.... but if opcode sgm work this one should too....

Will it be fully compatible with the already released SGM games?

i test all super games with the previous version of the juice box and all games work... here are the diag test of the king's valley game

0348948F-A31C-4A92-959F-87EBD1FAA633.jpg

for now its what i know but if you want to play sgm game now or want your colecovision to talk its the way

• Like 3

Calling it the Juicebox was cool but now that you're giving it the same initials as Eduardo's product seems like you're just deliberately stirring the pot. The town is big enough for both of you guys.

I'm down for one if it comes in a case and is reasonably priced.

The name super game module or SGM was coined by Coleco not Eduardo.

The name super game module or SGM was coined by Coleco not Eduardo.

The difference is Eduardo licensed the SGM from River West brands, the current owner of Coleco. Your instance on using SGM is nothing but an antagonist poke at Opcode. If you are really proud of your product, drop the amateurish hyperbole and give it a proper, distinct name.

Also, until programmers support the SPO256A-AL2 with custom voice samples like the 5 Intellivoice games, the robotic sounding phonemes are a gimmick not suitable for very many games.

• Like 3

The town is big enough for both of you guys.

THIS! I really wish that Juice would put aside the pot shots and let his products stand on their own, because I'm sure they will. Play good neighbor and you will always be better received.

That being said, please put me down for one.

The difference is Eduardo licensed the SGM from River West brands, the current owner of Coleco. Your instance on using SGM is nothing but an antagonist poke at Opcode. If you are really proud of your product, drop the amateurish hyperbole and give it a proper, distinct name.

Also, until programmers support the SPO256A-AL2 with custom voice samples like the 5 Intellivoice games, the robotic sounding phonemes are a gimmick not suitable for very many games.

Please educate yourself before spewing Opcode jizz from your mouth. The SPO256A-Al2 is uses Allophones not Phonemes.

Well i must say you have done an excellent job here in 0.00000000001% of the time other parties just thought about doing something slightly useful

And more of a timely response to questions / feedback which is far batter in my opinion than well lets face it never from the other party

Ill be in for one maybe a couple :thumbsup:

• Like 1