IGNORED

SGM ARE IN!

juice2839

why people always bitch at others.... this module give the chance to people that dont own a sgm to play games and give a new addition with speech so who care about the name.....

we should thanks those guys who give new life to our coleco.....

they spend time and money for us.... for anybody who try to complet a coleco project you know you wont make a shit load of $ most of the time you loose money or you break even so why are we crying about smalll detail....

• Like 3

The reactions about the name code is just infantile... :-o

The more important is the possibility to play games, with respect to all peoples working for our pleasure.

who cares what its called, if it works, no one cares what it called

if your that worried get one and rub its name off with a fibreglass pen

Okay folks here is the deal... The SPO256A-AL2 speech chips that I just received are all counterfeit Chinese junk.. So Here is what I am doing. I am ordering from another source and hopefully they are genuine working devices that come this time.

SO ......

In the mean time I am going to put together 5 SGM's without the Speech Synthesizer. They will be fully SGM compatible devices. I will put them in a Famicom Case.

They are $49.99 each plus shipping for AA members.

Thanks,

Fred

Edited by juice2839
  • Like 3

Okay folks here is the deal... The SPO256A-AL2 speech chips that I just received are all counterfeit Chinese junk.. So Here is what I am doing. I am ordering from another source and hopefully they are genuine working devices that come this time.

SO ......

In the mean time I am going to put together 5 SGM's without the Speech Synthesizer. They will be fully SGM compatible devices. I will put them in a Famicom Case.

They are $49.99 each plus shipping for AA members.

Thanks,

Fred

the only thing missing will be the sp chip so people could order it and good to go or its the previous pcb? Edited by chart45

the only thing missing will be the sp chip so people could order it and good to go or its the previous pcb?

No I am leaving off all the speech chip support IC's so these are just standard SGM's.

2 Left.............

Edited by juice2839

Looking forward to the announcement of the full version with Speech Synthesizer function as i've been wanting a second SGM for years, but couldn't bring myself to order another from Opcode when so many people were still trying to acquire their first one.

Keep us posted as I am definetely in for one.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the announcement of the full version with Speech Synthesizer function as i've been wanting a second SGM for years, but couldn't bring myself to order another from Opcode when so many people were still trying to acquire their first one.

Keep us posted as I am definetely in for one.

Thanks NIAD,

Will do. I am just waiting for legit SPO256A-AL2 IC's to come in.

thats me out then :(

could you not do a pal / ntsc switch do tell it what machine you have?

Honestly, I don't know the exact differences between the expansion connectors pin out and schematics for the NTSC and PAL CV'S. At some point I may buy a PAL CV and see what has to be done to make it work.

Also,

I'd like to thank Chart for all his help. He was super nice enough to send me an Adam for testing among other things. If anyone is interested I may put together a few sgm's that only work with the Adam for a discount. The Adam does not need the extra 32k ram.

this is the less i can do to help you give us something new for the colecovision... imagine wizzard of wor with real speech or berzerk....

this is what you bring us. and the possibilities for the new fan and old one that didnt want to risk on the real sgm to get a module that can play super game...

so thanks to you and others that contribute to this project

this is the less i can do to help you give us something new for the colecovision... imagine wizzard of wor with real speech or berzerk....

this is what you bring us. and the possibilities for the new fan and old one that didnt want to risk on the real sgm to get a module that can play super game...

so thanks to you and others that contribute to this project

WoW with real speech is already happening:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247116-team-pixelboy-news-bulletin-december-25th-2015/page-1

this is with voice sampling like bagman the game will stop when coleco speek its great but could be better

With the quality of the programmer(s) working on the CV version of Wizard of Wor, I'm sure they will find ways to minimize the amount of time the game freezes while the sound/voice sample plays. It's a small price to pay to finally see this game become available on the CV after all these years, but it would be really cool to see the programmer(s) release an update to WoW that supports the Say Game Module... perhaps in rom file format at a small fee for people who have bought the CIB from Team Pixelboy???

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 3

Honestly, I don't know the exact differences between the expansion connectors pin out and schematics for the NTSC and PAL CV'S. At some point I may buy a PAL CV and see what has to be done to make it work.

Is the issue with the European PAL CV or is it with the European SCART CV... there is a difference as far as I understand between these CV systems.

Also,

I'd like to thank Chart for all his help. He was super nice enough to send me an Adam for testing among other things. If anyone is interested I may put together a few sgm's that only work with the Adam for a discount. The Adam does not need the extra 32k ram.

I could understand the cost savings for the purchaser being an incentive, but how much could the subtraction of the 32K RAM Chip, Logic Chips and labor really save? When I first read this I thought that's a good idea, but the more I think about it, I would rather any SGM that I buy from you be full-featured so that I can use it on both the CV and ADAM. I would venture a guess that most ADAM owners also own a CV.

Still, it's nice to see that you are considering different options to offer and I'm sure there will be those who will take you up on them.