IGNORED

SGM ARE IN!

juice2839

Is the issue with the European PAL CV or is it with the European SCART CV... there is a difference as far as I understand between these CV systems.

I could understand the cost savings for the purchaser being an incentive, but how much could the subtraction of the 32K RAM Chip, Logic Chips and labor really save? When I first read this I thought that's a good idea, but the more I think about it, I would rather any SGM that I buy from you be full-featured so that I can use it on both the CV and ADAM. I would venture a guess that most ADAM owners also own a CV.

Still, it's nice to see that you are considering different options to offer and I'm sure there will be those who will take you up on them.

there is definitely a subtle difference from an ntsc machine and European machine with regard to the video and timing circuitry, as i am still having issues with the f18a i ordered which i am trying to debug. which might just be easier to obtain a ntsc machine, but hell its something to mess with

Is the issue with the European PAL CV or is it with the European SCART CV... there is a difference as far as I understand between these CV systems.

I could understand the cost savings for the purchaser being an incentive, but how much could the subtraction of the 32K RAM Chip, Logic Chips and labor really save? When I first read this I thought that's a good idea, but the more I think about it, I would rather any SGM that I buy from you be full-featured so that I can use it on both the CV and ADAM. I would venture a guess that most ADAM owners also own a CV.

Still, it's nice to see that you are considering different options to offer and I'm sure there will be those who will take you up on them.

I'm not sure.. I was bummed I got my first negative feedback on ebay from someone that had a Pal or Scart CV and the SGM didn't work. I forgot to explicitly state it didn't work for them (If it works for one or the other I am not sure). Again I don't have a schematic for either the scart or pal CV in front of me to see what differences they have.

As far as the Ram goes I was just throwing that out there. It's pretty cheap, but it's not fun to solder on :) ... I put all these together by hand. It takes me some time, but it's apparenty faster then sending them to China for assembly.

I'm not sure.. I was bummed I got my first negative feedback on ebay from someone that had a Pal or Scart CV and the SGM didn't work. I forgot to explicitly state it didn't work for them (If it works for one or the other I am not sure). Again I don't have a schematic for either the scart or pal CV in front of me to see what differences they have.

As far as the Ram goes I was just throwing that out there. It's pretty cheap, but it's not fun to solder on :) ... I put all these together by hand. It takes me some time, but it's apparenty faster then sending them to China for assembly.

Welcome to the club juicy!! Remember the customer is always right, even when it is operator error. I have zipped my lip more than a few times and ate shipping to check product and reship when there was nothing wrong, or the user screwed it up; and babysat customers by walking them thru cleaning ports, etc to make sure the new parts work with the old hardware. The CV and the ADAM are, after all, 30+ years old. If they were new, things would work as built, but............................................hang in there and don't take it personal. The bad feedback can be reversed when the buyer is happy with a refund or new part.

As far as the new WoW game coming out, its pretty much ported over from the arcade, at least the speech. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it wont be freezing while playing the speech during the game... If it is in fact ported from the arcade, it would be unplayable if it froze every time it spoke, since the Wizard taunts you the whole entire time.. I assume there's a work-around for this hopefully. I wonder if every cartridge will have it's own Voltrax SC-01A speech chip inside? :-)

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 1

As far as the new WoW game coming out, its pretty much ported over from the arcade, at least the speech. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it wont be freezing while playing the speech during the game... If it is in fact ported from the arcade, it would be unplayable if it froze every time it spoke, since the Wizard taunts you the whole entire time.. I assume there's a work-around for this hopefully. I wonder if every cartridge will have it's own Voltrax SC-01A speech chip inside? :-)

I talked with Opcode. The sc-01a is not used. The game does not talk during game play. It talks during intermission when nothing is going on and the cpu can dedicate all its time for producing speech samples. It's definitely not going to be an accurate arcade port, but better then nothing. It would be better if at some point the programmer incorporated the say game module then it could talk during game play.

Edited by juice2839
  • Like 2

I think the issue with connector pinout is only on French Secam Scart CV.

Tested both of my Eduardo-SGMs without problems on the CBS ColecoVision. But as shipping to Europe for juices SGM is higher than the unit itself (no FedEx,... available from where he is doing business) and he seemingly isn't interested in selling other than the US and Canada as it's a "hassle", I have no further interest in this product.

Tested both of my Eduardo-SGMs without problems on the CBS ColecoVision. But as shipping to Europe for juices SGM is higher than the unit itself (no FedEx,... available from where he is doing business) and he seemingly isn't interested in selling other than the US and Canada as it's a "hassle", I have no further interest in this product.

Does anyone have suggestions for shipping overseas from the USA? I live in the country and there is no Fedex near. There is a post office and a UPS drop off. It's not that I don't want to ship overseas it's just not worth the time and money to go through the post office's cost and customs.

Edited by juice2839

Does anyone have suggestions for shipping overseas from the USA? I live in the country and there is no Fedex near. There is a post office and a UPS drop off.

I ship USPS international quite a bit. Just use the rates calculator on their website to get an idea of how much to charge: http://postcalc.usps.com/

You'll also need a small customs form to attach to the package, but you can order those from the USPS store for free: https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=shipping-supplies%3ashipping-labels&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping-labels&productId=P_FORM_2976

I ship USPS international quite a bit. Just use the rates calculator on their website to get an idea of how much to charge: http://postcalc.usps.com/

You'll also need a small customs form to attach to the package, but you can order those from the USPS store for free: https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=shipping-supplies%3ashipping-labels&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping-labels&productId=P_FORM_2976

That's what I used, but AtariBuff cried it was to much. It quoted something like $55. I'm starting to see why Edurado just blows everyone off and does what he wants...

Edited by juice2839

That's what I used, but AtariBuff cried it was to much. It quoted something like $55.

You were probably not looking at First Class rates. I just weighed the metal one you sent me, and that would be $16 to ship to Germany in a small package box. That was 12 ounces and I assume you're non-metal ones are MUCH lighter than that!

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 18.11.41.png

You were probably not looking at First Class rates. I just weighed the metal one you sent me, and that would be $16 to ship to Germany in a small package box. That was 12 ounces and I assume you're non-metal ones are MUCH lighter than that!

Packaged up it is 5oz in the Famicom case.