IGNORED

SGM ARE IN!

juice2839

Packaged up it is 5oz in the Famicom case.

Then here is probably a much closer example. Here's the Front Line cart that Pixelboy did in the mini-case. It weighs 6.2oz and would cost me $8.22 to ship to Germany. So you could probably charge $10 for International shipping and be totally in the clear for any packaging materials you might need.

12434145_10156426486200370_1758388244_n.jpg

• Like 1

Then here is probably a much closer example. Here's the Front Line cart that Pixelboy did in the mini-case. It weighs 6.2oz and would cost me $8.22 to ship to Germany. So you could probably charge $10 for International shipping and be totally in the clear for any packaging materials you might need.

Thanks for the info. It will help next time. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. It will help next time. I appreciate it.

Welcome. I'd still package one up as though it was going out and take it down to USPS and just ask them exactly how much it would cost and what forms you need just to make sure. If you're shipping something under 8 ounces then international shipping is usually the same amount or very close to anywhere outside of North America. Canada is usually cheaper because it's next door. Australia can sometimes be a little more expensive but in most cases for a small package never more than $1.

That's what I used, but AtariBuff cried it was to much. It quoted something like $55. I'm starting to see why Edurado just blows everyone off and does what he wants...

I have shipped A LOT of items overseas including a complete ADAM Computer in it's original box with a second large box full of other ADAM items all thru USPS using either 1st Class International or Priority Mail International shipping options. The best coarse of action is to use the USPS website to get your shipping quotes for the two options mentioned and then give the purchaser the choice of which one that they want to use AND make it very well known to the buyer that if they choose the 1st Class International option that you are NOT responsible for any damaged or even lost package(s)... you gave them the choice afterall.

I have shipped a number of expensive items to AtariBuff and used the 1st Class Int. option at his request with no problems... thankfully.

If using eBay, their shipping setup works very well and I am usually spot on except for items that I feel the need to purchase additional insurance. I usually just pay for that myself.

The Customs Forms aren't that bad to deal with and you'll be a pro in no time, so don't let that stop you from making your items available to overseas purchasers.

• Like 1

Peoples have to understand some things:

- When you buy an item from a people like yourself (not a professionnal shop), you are not a customer.

- The shipping price is related to the postal service, not the seller.

- You can contact the seller if you think that something is wrong.

Please, don't forget that we are on the same boat... So, stop to blam peoples doing their best to not see it sink.

Edited by TotOOntHeMooN
  • Like 1

Welcome to the club juicy!! Remember the customer is always right, even when it is operator error. I have zipped my lip more than a few times and ate shipping to check product and reship when there was nothing wrong, or the user screwed it up; and babysat customers by walking them thru cleaning ports, etc to make sure the new parts work with the old hardware. The CV and the ADAM are, after all, 30+ years old. If they were new, things would work as built, but............................................hang in there and don't take it personal. The bad feedback can be reversed when the buyer is happy with a refund or new part.

You sure do, Bob! You helped me when I had a problem with the CF card adapter, and you went way above what was needed to just *fix* it. You have my business for as long as you still do this. BTW, I'm finalizing a sale of some other old equipment and the funds are coming at you to get even more upgrades :)

I'm not sure.. I was bummed I got my first negative feedback on ebay from someone that had a Pal or Scart CV and the SGM didn't work. I forgot to explicitly state it didn't work for them (If it works for one or the other I am not sure). Again I don't have a schematic for either the scart or pal CV in front of me to see what differences they have.

As far as the Ram goes I was just throwing that out there. It's pretty cheap, but it's not fun to solder on :) ... I put all these together by hand. It takes me some time, but it's apparenty faster then sending them to China for assembly.

I have an original run Opcode module and it runs fine on my Pal CV. I don't remember it being a specific version for Pal either. I do know the original SGM does not work on the PAL Scart CV though and a special version was needed for that.

The Video timing for Pal and NTSC are handled by the different version of the TI-9918A/28A that comes with each region machine, so I wouldn't think a module adding Ram and a sound chip would effect the video at all?

• Like 1

As I remember, only the SECAM Colecovision use the Scart connector. (peoples calling it french PAL, but it is not)

is also does not output a French SECAM SCART signal eiter

I expect by PAL it is being referred to as European

it definitely uses the same VDP as the PAL UK machine

I'm not sure.. I was bummed I got my first negative feedback on ebay from someone that had a Pal or Scart CV and the SGM didn't work. I forgot to explicitly state it didn't work for them (If it works for one or the other I am not sure). Again I don't have a schematic for either the scart or pal CV in front of me to see what differences they have.

As far as the Ram goes I was just throwing that out there. It's pretty cheap, but it's not fun to solder on :) ... I put all these together by hand. It takes me some time, but it's apparenty faster then sending them to China for assembly.

I will be very happy to have a JuiceBox but.. I have only Secam Scart version ! I have some ^^

You should buy a French Scart CV version to test your stuffs ;)

• 2 weeks later...