IGNORED

SGM ARE IN!

juice2839

Right now I have to deal with all your good people that have caused my paypal to freeze so I can't refund anyone..

Not true. You can still refund using a frozen account. I just can't make payments or transfer to a bank account. Basically you can't use the money.

• Like 3

Not true. You can still refund using a frozen account. I just can't make payments or transfer to a bank account. Basically you can't use the money.

What? You mean Juice is LYING?!?!? REALLY?!?!? Even Batman is SHOCKED by this news!

shocked-face-batman.jpg

• Like 4

May be he simply do not have enough money outside paypal account to be able to refund people . So he would need the fund in paypal account to refound but he can not use it because the account is frozon. It is easy to accuse people without knowing his real situation.

I don't know him, but it could be a possibility. no?

May be he simply do not have enough money outside paypal account to be able to refund people . So he would need the fund in paypal account to refound but he can not use it because the account is frozon. It is easy to accuse people without knowing his real situation.

"You can still refund buyers from a frozen account."

Who wants to send me theirs for a "refund" from me?

I want to try my switch on/off at the speech amp idea.

(Everyone that is unsatisfied is probably hoping for a refund plus getting to keep the SGM.)

"You can still refund buyers from a frozen account."

Who wants to send me theirs for a "refund" from me?

I want to try my switch on/off at the speech amp idea.

(Everyone that is unsatisfied is probably hoping for a refund plus getting to keep the SGM.)

If you get one and make the mod I hope you are willing to share so we can also make the mod.

Anyone have any idea how many of these actually made it into peoples hands? I'm guessing no more than 20 or 30?

Nope, a limited account can still refund. As a matter of fact, refunding everybody is usually a possible solution to get your PayPal account back to normal.

Nope, a limited account can still refund. As a matter of fact, refunding everybody is usually a possible solution to get your PayPal account back to normal.

But the refund needs to come from somewhere, right? What Youki was saying is that maybe he doesn't have money to actually have a refund processed.

Disconnecting power to the amp used to boost the speech chip in my educated guess should silence the noise and it would be exactly like the SGM.

Adding a switch there should re-enable the speech (and unfortunately the noise).

That's a simple, easy fix (if I'm right) and could have satisfied most, instead of the seller's denials and such.

I did something similar. A swich can bypass the amp. If the amp is turnes off this way, the sound is crystal clear without any distorting noises. Of course, the speech sytheziser isn't working any more, but the SGM sound chip is fine.

Edit: here is a photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxxflixvovy1m57/2016-02-21%2000.38.01.jpg?dl=0

Edited by andyghee
  • Like 2

I hope NOBODY is thinking that.

..Al

Exactly! That and stealing is the same thing. If your SGM is defective and you want a refund, send it back to Fred. DO NOT KEEP IT unless you're not planning on requesting a refund!

Is this a cut trace? So just cut one trace and solder a jumper wire, and it is a ColecoVision memory expansion with sound chip (SGM).
Add a 3 wire switch and it's a silent SGM, or SGM plus speech chip (with amplified bus activity noise).
post-29575-0-88693400-1456017400_thumb.jpg

I did something similar. A swich can bypass the amp. If the amp is turns off this way, the sound is crystal clear without any distorting noises. Of course, the speech sytheziser isn't working any more, but the SGM sound chip is fine.
Edit: here is a [high res] photo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxxflixvovy1m57/2016-02-21%2000.38.01.jpg?dl=0

Photos by andyghee.

Don't forget to cut the metal trace (shown in blue):

Quiet SGM (no speech) fix: post-29575-0-35721300-1456078311_thumb.jpg

Quiet SGM (no speech) with switch to enable speech synth chip (will have bus noise): post-29575-0-11161400-1456078337_thumb.jpg

Edited by iesposta

Is this a cut trace?

Yes, I cut the output from the amp. Then you have to bridge the two resistors since the audio from the output is no longer amplified.

It should look like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw0ll7bttwvcqoy/WithSwitch.jpg?dl=0

Or, if you want to disable the speech chip permantently without a switch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6632skxtmgvx6v5/WithoutSwitch.jpg?dl=0

(By the way, how do I post picturtes here? Haven't figured out so far.)

Andy

Edited by andyghee
  • Like 1

Ok, here's what it looks like with the switch installed in the famicom case. For me this is a good solution. Nobody needs the speech chip by now and I doubt that there will be games supporting it in the future. Until I'll hopefully obtain an opcode SGM in the third run the juicebox can do the job.

post-44778-0-69520300-1456054385_thumb.jpg

I would recomment this easy mod to everyone who wants to keep their juicebox.

Andy

Edited by andyghee
  • Like 3

So what would you do if you wanted to add a jack where you could send voice to a different set of speakers? That way maybe the voice would be clear as when as game sounds and music?

I think you can tap speech audio at this spot:

post-44778-0-51202700-1456079675_thumb.jpg

Not sure if it is nessessary to cut the trace, should be better not to interfere with the rest af the audio.

but nevertheless speech audio has to be amplified in some way, which will most likely boost the static noise as well. So I dont't know if this is a solution.

I think you can tap speech audio at this spot:

attachicon.gifTap Audio here.jpg

Not sure if it is nessessary to cut the trace, should be better not to interfere with the rest af the audio.

but nevertheless speech audio has to be amplified in some way, which will most likely boost the static noise as well. So I dont't know if this is a solution.

I thought maybe bypass that old 80 technology might reduce the noise :) Really I was wondering if the speech was amplified off board if it would still affect the audio going to the tv.

I thought maybe bypass that old 80 technology might reduce the noise :) Really I was wondering if the speech was amplified off board if it would still affect the audio going to the tv.

The question is if the noise is already in the speech signal (and I guess it is) or if it is added later on.

• Like 1

And no mention of an audio problem in the product description...and he doesn't accept returns...

Well, he's selling them on eBay again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECOVISION-JuiceBox-Cartridge-Fully-Compatible-with-The-Super-Game-Module-SGM-/182033750091

So the associated PayPal account is unfrozen, or how else can payments be accepted from PayPal for this listing?