IGNORED

SGM ARE IN!

juice2839

I received notifications from several people this morning about Juice selling bootlegs of King's Valley on eBay, and everybody seems to be expecting me to make a statement, so here it is:

King's Valley is not technically my game, nor is it Eduardo Mello's game. It is a port of an old Konami MSX game which I offer to the ColecoVision fan community with no real profit for myself, and it would be kind of hypocritical of me to try to stop Juice from selling this game on eBay or elsewhere.

It should be pointed out that Juice is only offering the PCB. No cart casing, no manual and no box. If someone wants to play King's Valley on real hardware, I prefer to believe that he/she will want to have a full CIB product instead of just a PCB, especially considering that King's Valley is the cheapest SGM game Team Pixelboy offers.

So I choose to ignore this issue, at least for now. I'm not thrilled to see Juice sell bootlegs of Team Pixelboy games, but on the other hand, I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier.

One thing I'm wondering about is where Juice got the Pixels Past PCB he's using. I thought supplies of those PCBs were exhausted a long time ago...

The design files for that PCB are available online. He had a stack of about 25 blank PCBs in one of the pictures he posted.

Edited by 5-11under

^ This all makes complete sense to me. I wish more people could be level headed and rational like this. Thanks for chiming in.

There's really no leg to stand on, given who ultimately controls the IP related to the title, so rationality should be expected.

Piggybacking on the work of whomever ported and published the conversion without giving credit isn't on the up-and-up, though, imho.

• Like 2

so rationality should be expected.

But so often it's thrown right out the window! ;)

Piggybacking on the work of whomever ported and published the conversion without giving credit isn't on the up-and-up, though, imho.

100% agreed.

Well, he's selling them on eBay again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECOVISION-JuiceBox-Cartridge-Fully-Compatible-with-The-Super-Game-Module-SGM-/182033750091

So the associated PayPal account is unfrozen, or how else can payments be accepted from PayPal for this listing?

Interesting development - the Juice Box listing has been pulled from eBay.

The King's Valley ripoff is still there and sad to see that people are bidding on it.

Well, I'll grant that's he's giving some credit now, but not making it terribly clear that what's for sale isn't the actual original release:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Galaga-Game-SGM-Required-Coleco-ColecoVision-ADAM-Super-Game-Module-/182037689766

I guess this is going to be a regular thing from here on out.

Well Karma says he copied the first Galaga that froze up after a few levels.

Way to turn away the small market of ColecoVision / Adam owners, and the few hundred of those that thought added ram and sound hardware is a great idea for nicer games!

Is he still selling pcb with naked EPROM? If some unlucky person buys this, and leaves the game near sunny window (whether it's plugged in or not), it'll stop working and he'd file for charge back.

Since those EPROM aren't socketed, he'd need to desolder and remove it to properly erase it and reprogram it.

Oh, and it looks as though he's now selling bootleg CollectorVision games:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RollerBall-Game-SGM-Required-Coleco-ColecoVision-ADAM-Super-Game-Module-/182038252869

So that's now Pixelboy, Opcode, and CollectorVision games he's selling bootleg copies of on eBay. This guy is a piece of work! (or more realistically a piece of something else...)

Just a note: that Galaga isn't my game. Even though I released a Galaga prototype years ago, the version on eBay is CollectorVision's Galaga.

CollectorVision and Pixelboy could remove all his listings from eBay easily if they wanted. It isn't necessary to be the original ip owner to do that. You just need to be the code owner. And in the process that would help get his eBay account limited as well.

Oh, and it looks as though he's now selling bootleg CollectorVision games:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RollerBall-Game-SGM-Required-Coleco-ColecoVision-ADAM-Super-Game-Module-/182038252869

So that's now Pixelboy, Opcode, and CollectorVision games he's selling bootleg copies of on eBay. This guy is a piece of work! (or more realistically a piece of something else...)

Just a note: that Galaga isn't my game. Even though I released a Galaga prototype years ago, the version on eBay is CollectorVision's Galaga.

CollectorVision and Pixelboy could remove all his listings from eBay easily if they wanted. It isn't necessary to be the original ip owner to do that. You just need to be the code owner. And in the process that would help get his eBay account limited as well.

If people want to see more releases from us , then I would strongly suggest to report those items

And of course, not bid on them

• Like 1

If people want to see more releases from us , then I would strongly suggest to report those items

And of course, not bid on them

Do we report, or the game publisher? How do we report? I've never reported items If someone knows how and is willing to explain it would make it easier, and probably more people would report.

thanks

Is CollectorVision going to report the auction?

It would be useful if you gave guidance on what to select in the dropdown lists when reporting.

Yes, we already did

Although, the more reports EBay received, the more chances it get pull off

Just mention: Bootleg, Counterfeit, unauthorized etc...

It's all pre-set by ebay

Yes, we already did

Although, the more reports EBay received, the more chances it get pull off

Just mention: Bootleg, Counterfeit, unauthorized etc...

It's all pre-set by ebay

Done! At one point I considered buying them just to remove them from circulation, but I'm done giving that thief any money. Reporting them is a much better idea!

Looks like he is seeking revenge:

This is the Awesome Super Game Module Game RollerBall. This game requires a Colecovision or Adam and a super game module or Juicebox audio device to play.

I'm looking for someone to host all the SGM roms I have please email if interested.

Also stay tuned for the new 128K SGM Cartridge PCB.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-SGM-Required-Coleco-ColecoVision-ADAM-Super-Game-Module-/182038532290?hash=item2a625790c2:g:W4kAAOSwG-1WzOwz

Looks like he is seeking revenge:

This is the Awesome Super Game Module Game RollerBall. This game requires a Colecovision or Adam and a super game module or Juicebox audio device to play.

I'm looking for someone to host all the SGM roms I have please email if interested.

Also stay tuned for the new 128K SGM Cartridge PCB.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-SGM-Required-Coleco-ColecoVision-ADAM-Super-Game-Module-/182038532290?hash=item2a625790c2:g:W4kAAOSwG-1WzOwz

Just reported that one as well.

Now he is just selling the board with blank EPROM for use with "super game module or Juice sound device"

The first Description says Kings Valley.

The second Decription that is the more detailed says it is blank, but he will burn what you want on it before shipping!

Also they all say region-free. Is that right?

Are there NTSC and PAL Coleco carts?

I know some 2600 homebrew can select 3 regions in the menu before the game starts...