IGNORED

Retro Freak firmware update

Newsdee

Sorry to bringing up a thread from the dead but no matter which SD card I use it's takes 2 minutes 54 seconds to complete the load on startup. I've used 4, 8, 16, 32gb cards in Classes 6-10, and UHS 1-3 speeds with the same effect. I have 3,000 games on the card. Is there a madness to it? Game file size? Is there a way to bypass the check every startup?

On 6/26/2021 at 9:25 PM, Ophidicus said:

Sorry to bringing up a thread from the dead but no matter which SD card I use it's takes 2 minutes 54 seconds to complete the load on startup. I've used 4, 8, 16, 32gb cards in Classes 6-10, and UHS 1-3 speeds with the same effect. I have 3,000 games on the card. Is there a madness to it? Game file size? Is there a way to bypass the check every startup?

So I got a good deal on a premium edition RF with the full cartridge & controller adapters and will sell my original budget RF with SNES adapter and noticed something odd. The Budget RF is on update 2.7 and the premium edition is on 1.5, the 1.5 version loads the SD card in 1:10 seconds and the 2.7 version loads in 2:54? Riddle me this?? Seriously WTF

On 6/29/2021 at 8:49 AM, Ophidicus said:

So I got a good deal on a premium edition RF with the full cartridge & controller adapters and will sell my original budget RF with SNES adapter and noticed something odd. The Budget RF is on update 2.7 and the premium edition is on 1.5, the 1.5 version loads the SD card in 1:10 seconds and the 2.7 version loads in 2:54? Riddle me this?? Seriously WTF

It's been a while but I strongly suspect the load time has to do with the actual number of game ROMs on the card (not size), and it's doing something stupid for each one it loads. 

You can try reducing the game count and see if it helps.

4 hours ago, Newsdee said:

It's been a while but I strongly suspect the load time has to do with the actual number of game ROMs on the card (not size), and it's doing something stupid for each one it loads. 

You can try reducing the game count and see if it helps.

I used the same card for each RF console and got 2 different results, possibly Cyber Gadget went with a different spec board with the new RF consoles to save money and the older RF console is much quicker on an older Firmware?

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Jackie31 said:

Sorry to bring up dead thread but when I insert a 400 gb micro sd card and try to install the games it boots up and freezes. Why does it do it? And it doesn't read some reproduction games I have but like Chrono Trigger, it works on normal snes console but not on Retro Freak

Probably too big of a card with too much content. The more games on a card, the longer it takes to read and process it. I'd use a MUCH smaller card and keep the game list to a few hundred games or so. Some games you'll need to try a different ROM to make it work with the built-in emulators. Make sure you're also on the latest firmware (which is not all that recent).