IGNORED

AstroStorm : New game release

Sporadic

Thanks for the interest! It's not a stupid question ;)

I really don't know yet. I would love to release a cart but it's much more involved and expensive than a CD release. So if anything, it would more likely be on CD.

All i can say is I haven't decided on anything yet!

Go for it, you'll get the hang of it, and support is in place as seen in here!

Wait with cart for your magnum opus game and go CD to start with I'd say.

Let's get physical media!

Edited by Atlantis
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

i went up to lvl 18 and 8745 points: it is roughly 100 points more than the previous screenshots shown on page 1 :grin:

LXyp.jpg

The game went over because i ran out of time :(

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 4

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The new UI looks good. How about using asteroids with more details as they approach you in the intermission? At the moment they look a little too blocky when they get close, in my opinion.

Not a bad idea, I will give it some thought. I do kind of like the blocky look though for whatever wierd reason :/

• Like 3

I've been playing around with some other movement patterns for the rocks. Here's a video where I've assigned different styles to each rock as a bit of an example. If you watch it for a bit, you should be able to see what each one is doing.

Edited by Sporadic
  • Like 6

That's actually the perfect example to show people who sulk at the prospect of working with 16.16 precision objects in raptor/rb+ - do that with whole numbers and it'd look like a janky mess.

Yes, i'm enjoying applying what i've learnt in other demo projects back in to things like this.

• Like 4

Not sure about the new movements they look a lot less realistic than before.

I guess if you wanted more variation in the movements you could either have a range of speeds for the rocks or inter rock collision would produce some new angles.

I hear you, I'm not intending for everything to be like that or necessarily that extreme or for rocks to do those things.... Those were examples of what it can do. Also, you don't know the back story of the game ;)

Edited by Sporadic