IGNORED

non original music in Intellivision games

intellivotion

You also forgot Pop Goes The Weasel that plays for the Jack-In-The-Box during the fourth cut-scene, and a Winter Wonderland snippet whenever you finish a level, and a darker arrangement of it on Game Over.

Ah yes, how could I forget? I actually had a nagging feeling I was forgetting something when I wrote that, but I had a good feeling you'd pop in here and round out the list. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Time to resurrect another old thread I'd missed while I was in limbo.

First, wasn't one of the tunes from SNAFU (not the one that makes the Hyperspace sound at the end) featured in a Charlie Brown special?  Perhaps my family and I heard it during a commercial break before we got the game.

Second, I was listening to the music in Killer Songs to choose a song that would be a suitable replacement for a hack of Melody Blaster I'm working on.  What is the fifth tune?  I thought it might have been from a McDonald's commercial around that time, but "McDonald's & You" isn't it.

Third, since a few people brought up indie games, SameGame & Robots recycled two Christian tunes that might not have been easily recognized.

I was inspired at the time by the "bonus track" at the end of the Rebecca St. James album Pray, where she sang the hymnal Be Thou My Vision with accompaniment that transposed the song into a harmonic minor key.  I also had played Bobby's Going Home for Atari 2600 not too long before, so I went with What A Friend We Have In Jesus and put the harmony into a minor key.  After the release of SG&R, I thought it sounded too dingy in a lower octave, so when I started on Number Zap (another multiplayer-optional party game), I wrote the song to sound as it did on the Atari 2600 with two channels, and when adding the ECS, add a bass line and two additional harmony lines that gave us the minor key without changing the existing lines.  For Blix (and Chocolate Mine), I multiplexed the three regular audio channels using that composition.

As for the song which I think ended up with the name "Puzzle Glory", the melody line is from Sing Hallelujah To The Lord, transposed to C#-minor, with my own background arrangement.  The one tune that alternates between C-minor and B♭-minor is an original spooky song intended for Robots.

3 hours ago, Nyuundere said:

Why Sydney Hunter and the Shrines of Peril is listed? I'm the composer and it's original music xD

omg, I totally forgot about this creature. It's actually five years behind. Thanks for the hint. What's the titles of the compositions?

On 8/18/2020 at 7:51 PM, intellivotion said:

omg, I totally forgot about this creature. It's actually five years behind. Thanks for the hint. What's the titles of the compositions?

The titles of Shrines Of Peril are pretty simple:

Woods

Cemetery

Caves and Castle

Victory

Btw, I released all the Sydney Hunter songs on the Sydney Hunter Definitive Edition CD. https://nyuundere.bandcamp.com/album/sydney-hunter-definitive-soundtrack

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nyuundere said:

The titles of Shrines Of Peril are pretty simple:

Woods

Cemetery

Caves and Castle

Victory

Btw, I released all the Sydney Hunter songs on the Sydney Hunter Definitive Edition CD. https://nyuundere.bandcamp.com/album/sydney-hunter-definitive-soundtrack

thx!

Even though this thread aims to list the non original songs played in Intellivision games I think it's right to include also the original ones

p.s.: I have your CD :)

• Like 2