IGNORED

WIP : Nitrous

Sporadic

So who's going to draw some nice sprites in order to boost Sporadic's morale and finishing it quicker? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :D

As excellent as that would be, its not near enough to a final state yet to warrant any work in that area. Sizes etc will change as will the 20 mipmaps to go with each sprite. ;) I dont want anyone wasting time. This could perhaps be a topic for the (hopefully) near future though :D

• Like 1

As excellent as that would be, its not near enough to a final state yet to warrant any work in that area. Sizes etc will change as will the 20 mipmaps to go with each sprite. ;) I dont want anyone wasting time. This could perhaps be a topic for the (hopefully) near future though :D

Rip them out of checkered Flag using a camera on the screen. You won't even need pause :P

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Small update;

..... I'm getting pretty close to releasing the next WIP binary. I'm just tweaking collision detection etc.

I've changed my mind on that release. Aside from being busy in that thing called life, I have decided to add more into the game before releasing the next version.

Completed:

- Changed the road to 4 lanes (keeping the scale the same as it is now).

- Cars of different speeds+colours to overtake + collide with. All cars travel in the same direction as you. I might look at oncoming vehicles in the future.

- Confirmed the AI hasn't killed frame rate on real hardware.

Currently working on:

- Basic menus (including game states)

- Game modes

- Defining separate track(s) in addition to the existing big continuous branching track.

I could upload what I have, but i'd rather get more in first to keep it more interesting play.

Edited by Sporadic
  • Like 9

• 2 months later...

But but but on FaceArse the "professionals" say you cant make anything good with RAPTOR and it should be avoided.....

Oh everybody has their opinions. There are plenty of good examples of good games made with Raptor. Full Circle Rocketeer comes to mind. (That game is sickly addicting. A Rareware inspired game too) You guys should have put that one on cart for more Jaguar owners to enjoy. I have a cart of it now and im going to play the crap out of it.

• Like 1

I have a serious request for Sporadic here on this one. Could you include rotary controls as an option? I have really wanted to play a racing game with the rotary controller but nobody has tried that yet. Since your project is still in the oven maybe you could add that in?

Edit---- i said controks lol

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones
  • Like 1

I have a serious request for Sporadic here on this one. Could you include rotary controls as an option? I have really wanted to play a racing game with the rotary controller but nobody has tried that yet. Since your project is still in the oven maybe you could add that in?

Edit---- i said controks lol

Thats possible and could be interesting to try. Id need a rotary first though. ...

• Like 1

Really... because we never sold any... the gift that keeps on giving.

It's just the free demo version from the Reboot website, but I really wanted it on cart for preservation. CD-Rs suck. Also I plan to buy the CD release from the RGDC website. But why isn't it available for sale in the Atari Age store? Just curious.