IGNORED

WIP : Nitrous

Sporadic

Wow this looks killer! Hopefully some people enjoyed being able to play it at the PRGE last weekend. I would love to get out to that event one of these years as it seems to be the biggest convention out there in the US. THIS and also Crumbs are both looking pretty sweet. 

• Thanks 1

Got to check this out at PRGE and it’s looking very exciting. I LOVE racing games.

My only critique so far is that I hope the car sprites get a bit of polish before finalized. The car could really use some highlights and a bit more color variation so it doesn’t look so “8 to 16-bit”.  The road and everything is looking very nice.

I’m really looking forward to this (and Crumbs).

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

Got to check this out at PRGE and it’s looking very exciting. I LOVE racing games.

My only critique so far is that I hope the car sprites get a bit of polish before finalized. The car could really use some highlights and a bit more color variation so it doesn’t look so “8 to 16-bit”.  The road and everything is looking very nice.

My impression is that the graphics are not final.

• Like 1

Just now, agradeneu said:

My impression is that the graphics are not final.

Right. It looks like nearly everything has been updated except for the car, which is why I made that comment.

Not wanting to be too critical or complain though... I’m really looking forward to it. Like I said, I love racing games and this will probably end up being my favorite on the Jag.

I just hope it doesn’t end up with the current car sprites where I always think “I wish...” when I play. That’s what happens when I play Super Burnout.  I love the track graphics, but never liked the Motorcycle sprites, and it always really stuck out to me when I played.  Of course, with this one, it’s not that I don’t like the car sprites, just that I hope for more polish, (highlights/shine effects).  Again, awesome game and I’m really excited for this.

3 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

Yes, most graphics are still place holders. No point finalising them until I'm 100% happy with the engine, gameplay and features.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

This is starting to look good. I suggest that you add a few more playable cars (such as a Lancia Beta Montecarlo/Scorpion, Vector W8, and a '75 Dodge Coronet with a beefed-up 440 just to name some), more songs, and I do know a few pixel artists on Newgrounds if you need help.

Thanks for the offer, will keep in mind.

I was thinking the other day about adding some car choices. I've made various optimisations lately and saved a load of space so it's more possible now than before.

I've got to be careful with license/copyright etc.

Perhaps some "similar" cars.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Here's a new logo for the title screen.

atariJaguar_nitrous_newlogo.png

Thanks, that looks great. I appreciate the enthusiasm :)

I've been gradually getting back into things lately. Time has been tight the last few months.

Some features I've been wanting to add for a long time are coming to fruition. 

After that it might finally be time to get serious on the graphics ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all, here's a little mini update on Nitrous.

All GFX, SFX, track layouts/length and general design are still work in progress.

Quick video to show a few of the new features;
- Screen shake on jumps.
- New HUD.
- New larger full colour horizons.
- Fuel gauge to show distance to stage end.
- Nitrous flames. Slipstream to replenish the Nitrous tank.
- Other things have also been completed but aren't shown yet in the video.

• Like 19