IGNORED

2 topics about "Coleco Chameleon" got locked after my "last" post WTF?

phoenixdownita

All-right what's the deal?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247073-coleco-is-back/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3399537

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235430-how-has-this-not-been-posted-yet-retro-vgs/page-199?do=findComment&comment=3399495

For-inasmuch as I am full of shit and I like to get the last word anytime I can I don't understand why the 2 threads got locked.

Is there a deal/threat around the Coleco Chameleon we should be made aware of and take our commentaries elsewhere?

Albert? CPUWiz? Anyone of the admins cares to comment?

EDIT: sorry about forgetting to wishing everyone a Merry Christmas

EDIT2: I have been informed privately that it has been decided to end the madness around the RVGS/Chameleon threads momentarily as Albert is out of town, I guess this 3rd thread will be locked soon enough so Merry Christmas.

EDIT3: I don't know, locking a thread that accumulated more than a quarter of a million views seems ill advised to me (and it rubs me wrong tonight), for sure there's interest, I believe it should be reopen. Maybe once Albert is back, but freedom of speech should not take vacations.

Edited by phoenixdownita

They will probably be re-opened later, so you guys can continue with your circle jerk. :roll:

And yes, Coleco sent a C&D and specifically mentioned you. Merry Christmas, bitches.

Next person who starts another one of the "We should stone Mike" threads, will be put on moderator preview, until after the holidays.

• Like 7

EDIT3: I don't know, locking a thread that accumulated more than a quarter of a million views seems ill advised to me (and it runs me wrong tonight), for sure there's interest, I believe it should be reopen. Maybe once Albert is back, but freedom of speech should not not vacations.

Well, to be fair, it is Albert's forum, and he—and the moderators he has appointed—can do whatever they think is best. Personally, I don't think there was anything ban-worthy or lock-worthy going on, at least not yet, but a preemptive lock during the holidays makes sense. We've all got more important things to do anyway, so perhaps it's all for the best.

• Like 2

Coleco sent a C&D and specifically mentioned you.

I doubt it as I actually like Mike's idea to necro bump Coleco brand, it wouldn't change my decision to buy or not to buy as that is based on tech specs and support but it seems he's doing what he can to keep the wind blowing ....

but hey Merry Xmas.

EDIT: repeating what you once said to me, no problemo!! And yes "stone Mike" is not a sport I am looking forward to.

Edited by phoenixdownita

Well, to be fair, it is Albert's forum, and he—and the moderators he has appointed—can do whatever they think is best. Personally, I don't think there was anything ban-worthy or lock-worthy going on, at least not yet, but a preemptive lock during the holidays makes sense. We've all got more important things to do anyway, so perhaps it's all for the best.

Look, Jay, the crap between Carl and Mike was too much for me to keep track off, drop nonsense like that on Dec.23rd and have me wake up to pages full of "adults" bickering on the 24th. I have better things to be dealing with. I am sure Al will re-open the hate festival on the weekend.

I should suggest to just have Al turn off AA during Christmas, so nobody has to pay attention.

• Like 2

Look, Jay, the crap between Carl and Mike was too much for me to keep track off, drop nonsense like that on Dec.23rd and have me wake up to pages full of "adults" bickering on the 24th. I have better things to be dealing with. I am sure Al will re-open the hate festival on the weekend.

I should suggest to just have Al turn off AA during Christmas, so nobody has to pay attention.

Understood. I certainly don't envy the moderators their jobs, and this is a perfect example. Now that everyone has had their say, and after a few days to cool off, hopefully things won't be so hot and heavy by the time it's reopened (if that happens).

• Like 1

For the record, as fun as the drama was too read, it was at times too much. During the apex of activity, it was growing 10 pages per day. I really kinda liked Triverse and I think he's a good guy. His perlers are also nice! ;-)

I also probably won't be supporting Retro Magazine for year three. Sorry it had to end like this. I won't say how I feel about the Chameleon project as it has been discussed to death. Also sometimes it is better to hold one's tongue that to speak ill of another human being... |:)

• Like 1

If someone could make an infographic mapping how the dozen or so bullet points I was able to glean out of all this translated to the insane amount of posts that would be super convenient.

Wading in there was sorta like 'Oh, that's going on, I hope no one saw me here (back away nervously)....'

• Like 1

At least let it rest during the holidays. As much as we all like to riot in that thred this is not really the season to be bickering.

Merry christmas to you americans and all the others ripping up presents and stuffing themselves with food on the 25th. Over here we did it yesterday :D

• Like 2

I had hoped it would get locked a lot sooner. Find something decent to talk about.

I really don't understand this mentality. Would the thread have been ok if everyone had been supportive and positive about the idea regardless of the fact that it had major flaws that likely would have resulted in backers losing the money they kicked in had it been successfully funded? I get not wanting to be seen as a place for personal attacks, but at the end of the day, Mike has made this a very personal thing by blaming everyone for the major failures in his business plan. He also chose the timing of this new announcement and it's not like people just picked the holidays to ramp up the attack. I know lots of people on other sites have been using this thread as fodder for their own discussions and frankly, I don't think there is anything wrong with being seen as a place where honest and vigorous debate occurs. I agree that there have been some inappropriate posts on both sides, but frankly, there haven't been that many and they could have easily been moderated away while the thread continued.

• Like 2

I really don't understand this mentality. Would the thread have been ok if everyone had been supportive and positive about the idea regardless of the fact that it had major flaws that likely would have resulted in backers losing the money they kicked in had it been successfully funded? I get not wanting to be seen as a place for personal attacks, but at the end of the day, Mike has made this a very personal thing by blaming everyone for the major failures in his business plan. He also chose the timing of this new announcement and it's not like people just picked the holidays to ramp up the attack. I know lots of people on other sites have been using this thread as fodder for their own discussions and frankly, I don't think there is anything wrong with being seen as a place where honest and vigorous debate occurs. I agree that there have been some inappropriate posts on both sides, but frankly, there haven't been that many and they could have easily been moderated away while the thread continued.

Supportive? I think the project should die. But taking about it for thousands of messages?

Supportive? I think the project should die. But taking about it for thousands of messages?

I can understand that point of view, but remember that it wasn't just one announcement followed by nearly 200 pages of messages: there was the initial RVGS announcement, then the pre-campaign hype, then the crowdfunding campaign, then the campaign post mortem, then the Chameleon announcement, and likely a new crowdfunding campaign. Each of these "phases" brought lots of twists and turns and major changes, so it's not as if there was ever a shortage of things to discuss.

I'd like to see a place where the discussion can continue, and AtariAge has become a logical central point for that discussion, but of course it's the management's decison.

This thread is just one of many at this site that has ruined my childhood! I want it locked. I want the people who posted in it to be banned. I also want AtariAge to be shut down for having inappropriate pages. Thanks to smartphones, more children than ever are online, so it's time for the whole Internet to become childproof. No naughty talk, no nudity, no arguing, and no funny business. I want to see nothing but kindness and positivity or I'll make your lives a living hell!

This fake post has been provided for those who will have convulsions without a daily dose of some kind of drama.

As a pretty narcissistic individual I like my own writing so I feel compelled to repeat here a post that didn't garner enough eyeballs

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247073-coleco-is-back/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3399537

The story so far:

1) RetroVGS ... cartridges ... no proto give us 2M on KS, wait no proto so give us 2M on IGG

2) The HW guy really messed up, sorry stop IGG.

3) We are regrouping stay tuned, but it will be on KS and cheaper

4) Coleco is back, carts and all, please forgive us for 1) above, we have the proto, talk to you on Feb

5) It is not the same Coleco but it is Coleco, 4) holds for now, talk to you on Feb

Edited by phoenixdownita

I really don't know why there was so much interest in a thread about a new cart-based system that everyone deep in their hearts know will fail. The only disc games I have bought in the last two years for the PC has been for my XP gaming rig which I keep off the net. And consoles are heading that way right now. The thought that a cart-based system will be a success is plain dumb. The only people who will buy this are the handful who come to retro game forums like this.