IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2015

Pixelboy

I know I prepaid for everything but did that include mystery game 3? I don't remember that. If not then I want to get whatever was not in the initial pre-order list.

Utopia was just announced today, so nobody has pre-paid for it yet. I added you to the waiting list for Utopia. :)

By the way everything looks awesome as always.

Thanks! :D

I've been thinking and I wonder if WoW will be the 1st F18A enhanced game.. With all the moving enemies on screen at the same time, I bet it'll be a thorough exercise in flicker management to say the least. :-)

I plan to pre-order as soon as I have the funds, I'm really pumped about this title in particular

Just out of curiosity I loaded Black Onyx into Virtual ADAM and it seemed to play fine!!! I didn't get very far without dying, but I'm wondering if it actually plays minus the SAVE feature...or will it eventually crash?

The Black Onyx! But how am I supposed to play that last one under emulation, you ask? It's true that The Black Onyx cannot be played on the AtariMax SD cart, because it doesn't support Team Pixelboy's Activision PCB with savegame EEPROM, but surprise! You can play it right now with the CoolCV emulator! I'm not 100% sure where the EEPROM savegame file is created, but I think it's in the user's "Documents" folder on Windows.

I've been thinking and I wonder if WoW will be the 1st F18A enhanced game.. With all the moving enemies on screen at the same time, I bet it'll be a thorough exercise in flicker management to say the least. :-)

I plan to pre-order as soon as I have the funds, I'm really pumped about this title in particular

The flicker is there, but after playing for a bit, I'd say it's not too bad. I'll have to ask Armando if he does anything with flicker that would still make the sprites flicker on the F18A...

Just out of curiosity I loaded Black Onyx into Virtual ADAM and it seemed to play fine!!! I didn't get very far without dying, but I'm wondering if it actually plays minus the SAVE feature...or will it eventually crash?

It's a 32K game, so I think it should function minimally. Not sure what will happen when you try to save the game on the (non-existent) EEPROM though...

OK, I tried both loading and saving a game and it just shows EEPROM ERROR on the screen and then lets you continue or quit or whatever you were originally doing.

It's a 32K game, so I think it should function minimally. Not sure what will happen when you try to save the game on the (non-existent) EEPROM though...

Thanks PixelBoy.

Really nice of you to share the roms.

Can't wait to try these out today.

:thumbsup:

New games coming look so damn good.

2016 for ColecoVision looks crazy good right now.

(Edit) Does anyone know of where site where we might be able to get some sort of manual for any of the roms? Whether they be pdf or some sort of text document would be appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

For games like The Black Onyx (32K ROM + 2K Eeprom) and Boxxle (32K ROM + 32K Eeprom) as well as games planned for release by Opcode using his new cartridge PCB with built-in Eeprom for saving game data... any and all CV & ADAM emulators (BlueMSX, ADAMem, MESS, etc.), the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart and the MaxFlash Cart Dumper will have to be updated to support these games just as support had to be added to BlueMSX and the AtariMax products to handle "Lord of the Dungeon" and it's Eeprom for saving game data.

The way around this with emulators, like Luc mentioned, is to use the savestate options and then reload the savestate when you play the game again. Using savestates is a great way to finish games that you can't complete in one sitting as well.

Edited by NIAD