IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

There will not be blog 2.0. A lot of the things that I was saving, I slowly mentioned here, why keep beating the [insert adjetive] horse.

OK, do you think you will support the platform come Xmas season (assuming they can come out)?

Have you been contacted to make sure they retained you?

Anything of this nature that doesn't violate an NDA if any?

Edited by phoenixdownita

Triverse seems to be logged in I hope he is typing something ;)

EDIT: PikoInteractive also said there would be a blog 2.0 (https://pikointeractive.com/blog/) but for now nothing. To be fair he said after the KS, so it may be a while.

EDIT2: thenavguy is online too, maybe he can share something new now that the KS is gone, hopefully the pressure is low enough.

EDIT3: PikoInteractive is online as well, hopefully he can share something of his experience.

they're all probably reading through the last 45 pages of the thread, hehe.

Are you still involved in the project, or have you parted ways?

Doesn't have to burn bridges, but if I were Piko or CollectorVision I would keep my name out of anything associated with this project until its actually in people's hands. Nothing good can come from it at this time and its not worth hurting yourself over.

• Like 9

Socal always finds a way, him fitting into a car of mine:

Did you actually say your "other car" is a Ferrari?

Now I envy you ... and to be fair I don't think I can sympathize with you as much as before (pure envy I know) but I do like the line "when your ears are pinned back to your balls".

Remember when your ears were pinned back to your balls. Play again.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

Ive never designed something like this before, but would they not get it working on a standard development board first before making custom PCBs?

I fell that they have not shown anything that would make me believe what they are saying is true.

Ideally yea you would get it most of the way there using dev boards, and oh crap there's a major dealbreaking error in our artwork the real PCB doesnt work... but if that was the case they would have still had something to show at the toy fair a bit better than a (alleged, im still not outright going to say it was, even though everything points to) snes shoved in a shell

It's officially past "tonight" on Feb. 26 CST and officially the 27th, so I'm calling for triverse's head on a stick too. He's in on it now, I tell you!

EDIT: Awwww, you motherfucker! haha. That's priceless.

11:57 when he posted, thats how you do it, keep them waiting and deliver right on time

• Like 1

OK, do you think you will support the platform come Xmas season (assuming they can come out)?

Have you been contacted to make sure they retained you?

Anything of this nature that doesn't violate an NDA if any?

We are going to concentrate this year in our own projects and future crowd funding campaings. May be in 2017.

• Like 11

Is that it?

Honestly I thought you had some insider revelation or something.

Don't get me wrong the piece is well written and exhaustive, but very slim in terms of new and/or unknown facts.

I thought you had to get past a "conflict of interest" to write it but I can't see what that would be given the content there.

EDIT: on a different note I wonder if Collectorvision is still bound to release one title for the platform given that "there's no spoon".

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 2

Is that it?

Honestly I thought you had some insider revelation or something.

Don't get me wrong the piece is well written and exhaustive, but nothing actually new.

I thought you had to get past a "conflict of interest" but I can't see what that would be given the content there.

EDIT: on a different note I wonder if Collectorvision is still bound to release one title for the platform given that there's no spoon.

Some things cannot be revealed without burning sources, friends or confidentiality. I like certain posts, write cryptically etc to show support for those that are either right, close or so damn close it hurts.

I think you are basing your expectations on a previous post I made about The Unofficial Coleco Quarterly Magazine. I am planning on continuing forward with it, looking for writers now. I am not interested in covering just the Chameleon (it would be included as information became available). Rather I would like to focus on the new homebrew, toys, products, especially the history of the company, etc. As the title suggests, it would not be an official product (there would not be any "behind the scenes" paying for coverage like a certain other magazine apparently plans to do things).

The "can't talk more till after the Kickstarter launches" angle was for both the mag (I plan on doing some kind of pre-sell through Kickstarter once the first issue is ready) and the Chameleon. There are some things I have to hold back for obvious reasons. That is just the life of a reporter. I have sources that must be protected. I could just release everything I know, been told, seen, etc and not only burn the Chameleon house down but also my credibility as a journalist.

The articles are what they are. Sometimes they are eye opening, sometimes they are ho hum. This is partly due to so many here being in the know or quite far along in being right with their theories (I try to validate those as much as possible in my articles). I can't reveal just how right some of you are in your assumptions- though I can give a nod here and there or post cryptic messages that point things out.

• Like 4

damn. Oh well, it does confirm my theory that had he used the GamerzTek clone he could have gotten away with his Toy Fair deception since it doesn't have the overhang of a real SNES. So he wouldn't have to make his electrical tape masterpiece, plus- it has an LED!

photo1456549823228.jpg

I could think of some sweet ass mod projects to do with a board like this. Is it SA-1 compatible like the SRT?

Some things cannot be revealed without burning sources, friends or confidentiality. I like certain posts, write cryptically etc to show support for those that are either right, close or so damn close it hurts.

The articles are what they are. Sometimes they are eye opening, sometimes they are ho hum. This is partly due to so many here being in the know or quite far along in being right with their theories (I try to validate those as much as possible in my articles). I can't reveal just how right some of you are in your assumptions- though I can give a nod here and there or post cryptic messages that point things out.

I am not blaming you, I guess that after 136 pages of speculation I was expecting something flamboyant (not from you) .... instead it's been pretty uneventful aside form discovering that I kind like a Jag with the transparent top and black bottom, pity that on a real Jag I would have to get rid completely of the metal shield and the board is big and green .... so not the same effect:

post-19650-1210343689.jpg

Edited by phoenixdownita

I kind like a Jag with the transparent top and black bottom, pity that on a real Jag I would have to get rid completely of the metal shiled and the board i big and green .... so not the same ffect:

Why's it a pity to have to get rid of the pointless metal shielding? I have no problems running a bare PCB in a (Mike-made) transparent Jag case, it looks great.