IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I bet the server is on fire again ...

attachicon.gifserveronfire.png

Looks like the entire RetroVGS Board of Directors is here, too, logged in anonymously! I'm sure we're all flattered!

Awe,,, my names not in there :(

Anyways, I honestly hope that Mike Kennedy tries to weasel his way out of this one. By this point, seeing the stupid shit that he keeps coming up with is beyond entertaining :lolblue: The entire internet is trolling him and he doesn't even have the self-respect to just bow out and leave. What a fascinating guy Mike Kennedy is... an unintentional troll that keeps getting burned by his own trolling. :-D

Edited by SwampFox56
  • Like 4

Man would really like to get my hands on the Jaguar cart shell mold, could maybe talk KRIKzz into making a Jag EverDrive. :)

As someone pointed out earlier, he probably could have made an OK bit of money selling the clear Jag shells....

Edited by Inky

"In the end, we all love and are passionate about video games and sometimes this passion causes us to do uncharacteristic things."

-- Mike Kennedy, December 23, 2015, two months and two FAKE PROTOTYPES ago.

It seems clear by now that this kind of thing is entirely characteristic of him. (Maybe it wasn't at one point, but it certainly is now.)

• Like 7

On a serious note, I want to thank everyone on here for all the insight. As someone who was initially excited and supportive of the RVGS project, I could see my former self getting suckered into something like this if not for the wealth of knowledge you have provided. Seriously, thank you!

• Like 14

This is so bizarre, I'm actually having a little trouble comprehending it.

I'm not astonished that it's a fake. I'm astonished that it is so brazenly a fake.

Sure... I could see that maybe the Toy Fair SNEZuar was a last-minute emergency measure because Hardware Guy™ didn't come through with the prototype he promised.

Or even that the Hardware Guy™ attempted to pass off the Toy Fair SNEZuar to Mike as a stopgap measure, and Mike might have been too clueless to figure it out. Or too unwilling to accept it.

And then I might possibly have bought into the idea that maybe the "actual" prototype wasn't working well enough for them to go ahead with the Kickstarter, so they "delayed" it. And by "well enough" I mean, completely non-functional in any way, shape or form.

And even though the DVRuar pics looked incredibly suspicious from the get-go, I could have probably accepted the idea that perhaps there might have actually been the aforementioned non-working prototype from Hardware Guy™ in the Jag shell, even though the video was coming from somewhere offscreen.

But... sheesh.

I'm just completely flummoxed.

Not that he faked it.

Not that he doesn't, and never has, had anything even remotely resembling a working prototype.

But that he actually took multiple photos of such an amateurishly fake attempt using a translucent shell and attempted to pass them off as actual, working hardware, especially to an established community of critical-thinking, analytically-minded, video game and computer nerds.

And the video game/toy/collector market he's been trying to woo throughout this whole train wreck.

Not to mention - the entire freakin' internet.

Seriously.

Dude.

Pack it in already.

• Like 11

On a serious note, I want to thank everyone on here for all the insight. As someone who was initially excited and supportive of the RVGS project, I could see my former self getting suckered into something like this if not for the wealth of knowledge you have provided. Seriously, thank you!

And that's the thing. People would have put money into this project. Mike Kennedy had a solid idea, though flawed, but still could have gotten crowd funding. Instead - he falsified prototypes, and took a dump on everyone that supported him and the Coleco Chameleon. In fact - no. Let's stop dignifying him with the name "Coleco". Lets just keep calling it the "RetroVGS". The slap to face he gave the name Coleco is insulting. And now...

1HWQIPa.gif

Edited by SwampFox56
  • Like 5

``What's to-day?'' cried Scrooge, calling downward to a boy in Sunday clothes, who perhaps had loitered in to look about him.

``Eh? '' returned the boy, with all his might of wonder.

``What's to-day, my fine fellow?'' said Scrooge.

``To-day?'' replied the boy. ``Why, Christmas Day.''

• Like 1

I just checked back on post 3179 (page 127) which has the pic oh the system sitting on the table and you can clearly see the electrical tape wrapped around the back of the connectors on the board. lol. I saw this earlier but didn't know what the hell was going on there. Guess we know now.

• Like 6

I was sitting here thinking it looked familiar - I may have had that capture card at one point. I did think it was something like a sound card perhaps. The fact he has now taken down that particular photo is even more damning. Mike I know you are reading this thread - give up!

• Like 3

at this point i would like to implore mike to address this personally, and here. i dont even care if he feels all of us would probably be better off in Salem circa 1692, we are so far beyond that point that i rather feel like my intelligence has been insulted, and im sure we all do. he's stepped all over the atari name with how he's bastardized the shells and with it, our trust, and 'our' is the gaming community as a whole..id really like an apology from mike. and most of all, some solid and concrete answers. no more of this 'wait and see' stuff, im outta fucks and time to give.

• Like 3

Wow, just wow. Nice catch, Albert.

Edit: You too 5-11under.

:)

Edited by Breakpack
  • Like 3

The fumes from the Jag do apparently make you crazy. What makes very little sense is that with all the hardware experts that not a single proto was made. Kevtris also a hardware expert clearly had things to show but apparently was ignored. I'd love to see a system from him and it doesn't even need to have carts... sd is just fine.

Why go into a show with a fake? I will no longer purchase anything from gamegavel or your other endeavors. You should just say sorry.

at this point i would like to implore mike to address this personally, and here. i dont even care if he feels all of us would probably be better off in Salem circa 1692, we are so far beyond that point that i rather feel like my intelligence has been insulted, and im sure we all do. he's stepped all over the atari name with how he's bastardized the shells and with it, our trust, and 'our' is the gaming community as a whole..id really like an apology from mike. and most of all, some solid and concrete answers. no more of this 'wait and see' stuff, im outta fucks and time to give.

This could potentially be fairly serious for Mike. If River West Brands (or anyone else) has invested any money in Mike's business, he's at serious risk for having legal action taken against him for fraud.

• Like 5