IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

My ip:

2602:306:c463:6020:65e7:8bd0:62b0:5a97

I'm now more curious as to why you guys are even still a part of this debacle? How can this end anyway but badly for Piko Interactive?

-----------------------------------------------

I'd like to quote something I said earlier :rolling:

I can't wait for his explanation... and I really hope he doesn't ruin it by admitting he lied. I'm loving the hypocrisy! :rolling: It's like catching an evangelist in a whore house! That was the best Christmas ever... At least Reverend Pickins had the dignity to jump off of the whore house roof with his pants around his ankles. But Mike Kennedy just won't stop! :lol:

With that being said... Here's what I personally want to say to Mike Kennedy and everyone else involved in this scam.

Wrong, sir! Wrong! It quite clear that all prototypes shown have become null and void in the course of your attempt to fake them - and you can compare it for yourself in this photostatic copy, ecetra, ecetra. - It's all here! Black and white! clear as crystal!!! You STOLE intellectual property when you used these boards as fakes! You slapped the names Coleco and Atari, which now have to be washed and sterilized, so you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!

Edited by SwampFox56
  • Like 1

I'm now more curious as to why you guys are even still a part of this debacle? How can this end anyway but badly for Piko Interactive?

-----------------------------------------------

I'd like to quote something I said earlier :rolling:

With that being said... Here's what I personally want to say to Mike Kennedy and everyone else involved in this scam.

Wrong, sir! Wrong! It quite clear that all prototypes shown have become null and void in the course of your attempt to fake them - and you can compare it for yourself in this photostatic copy, ecetra, ecetra. - It's all here! Black and white! clear as crystal!!! You STOLE intellectual property when you used these boards as fakes! You slapped the names Coleco and Atari, which now have to be washed and sterilized, so you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!

102gg1.jpg

• Like 2

And that's the thing. People would have put money into this project. Mike Kennedy had a solid idea, though flawed, but still could have gotten crowd funding. Instead - he falsified prototypes, and took a dump on everyone that supported him and the Coleco Chameleon. In fact - no. Let's stop dignifying him with the name "Coleco". Lets just keep calling it the "RetroVGS". The slap to face he gave the name Coleco is insulting. And now...

1HWQIPa.gif

I think calling it the RetroVGS is also insulting. It is an insult to every retro video game system including ones made by Coleco. The name doesn't make much sense either and could cause confusion. For an example:

What is an Atari 2600? A retro video game system.

What is a Retro Video Game System? A modern video game system.

• Like 5

At this point if Coleco Holdings doesn't publicly distance themselves from this debacle then I will consider the brand forever sullied and will have nothing to do with them anymore. I just want to say good job to those who found out the truth about the board and I hope Coleco Holdings does the right thing. Although I am partly curious to see if Mike Kennedy will attempt something else.

• Like 1

Ayyyyyyyyyyy LMAO

vq46t82.jpg

EDIT: Holy shit, when I replied to this thread this morning I had no idea it was multiple pages longer than the one I was reading...
Ran out of LIKEs maybe 6 pages back.
Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 2

At this point if Coleco Holdings doesn't publicly distance themselves from this debacle then I will consider the brand forever sullied and will have nothing to do with them anymore. I just want to say good job to those who found out the truth about the board and I hope Coleco Holdings does the right thing. Although I am partly curious to see if Mike Kennedy will attempt something else.

Who cares, Coleco is long dead, and they are scumbags for making some people believe they are the original company

• Like 2

On a serious note, I want to thank everyone on here for all the insight. As someone who was initially excited and supportive of the RVGS project, I could see my former self getting suckered into something like this if not for the wealth of knowledge you have provided. Seriously, thank you!

Yes indeed. The only other thing that might have saved me was innate caution against buying things that don't exist!

Who cares, Coleco is long dead, and they are scumbags for making some people believe they are the original company

Same goes for Vivendi for abusing the name Atari for mediocre, sub par crap titles. But the thing is, it DOES MATTER!

I matters to those to who remember the brand fondly. Atari was a bit before my time - but it was part of millions of peoples childhoods.

Abusing the name Atari and Coleco are insulting to the people who remember the Atari that used to exist - and its insulting to the memory of everything that was, and could have been.

• Like 1

You look away from this thread for a day thinking it calmed down... and it explodes :)

This guy must be one of those thinking that "any publicity is good publicity"... I can imagine him saying to potential investors "those Internet retro dorks are all going crazy about this stuff!".

There is such thing as "so bad it's good" but this isn't that...

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 2

Jaybird3rd.... could not agree more about the whole Coleco affiliation and hated when the relationship was created. Brands now are just toilet paper.

Brands are now just held by folks who try to milk them to death. I also hope that River West Brands is smarter than that.

Yes they are. Remember the first days of videogaming in the 1980's ?? You could almost pick a certain style of game by looking at who released it. Atarisoft, Datamost, Coleco, Activision, Imagic, the list goes on. Each had their own style and distinctive tones and flavor.

Today it's one game after another, they're all the goddamned same and this debacle doesn't improve it one iota.

I have an interesting conspiracy theory. Please forgive me if it sounds a bit crazy. This might just be the Mountain Dew and popcorn talking.

What if we're all being deliberately trolled? I know the obvious replies to this question would include things like brand damage, trashing their reputation, alienating potential consumers, fraud, etc. Even as I type this post the idea that we're being deliberately trolled doesn't seem likely.

But what if we are being trolled? I just checked in with my Facebook account and this story is all over the place. It's blowing up like crazy. What if they show up in a week with a totally working prototype and are like "ha, ha, fooled you!" This whole story does seem like obvious bait.

Again, seems very unlikely but I just had to mention the idea.

I keep thinking that too. Could also be one helluva marketing campaign.. in some twisted bastardized way. But word IS out there. And press is press.

• Like 1

Cartridges are stupid, period. They were a product of their time because disk drives themselves were too expensive as a hardware item. The only reason collectors like them is because they're collectable and hold apparent value better than a disc.

Cartridges were/are durable enough to withstand plenty of abuse. Can you imagine little Mikey drooling all over floppy disks, teething on them, or just plain leaving them on the floor for days on end? Kids and disks don't mix.

Cartridges were easy to use too. Put them in and turn on the power. No commands, no load times.

But times have changed and cartridges are passe'.

• Like 4

I'd say more of an embarrassment than a bad ending.

Maybe Piko was in on it? Maybe they just suckered? I don't really care.

I have been away from the forum...and I come back to this. I am amazed at their resolve to keep on trying to scam.

Mike Kennedy deserves something for this.

What is more amazing is how the AA community found out what board it was.

What is not amazing is that anybody would even entertain the thought that Mike is innocent and was tricked

by Hardware Guy. I don't get why it isn't common sense they they're all in on it. There seem to be some waves

in this thread where people get the "maybe it IS real", "Maybe it IS coming", " Maybe they DO have a prototype" vibes.

It is all a scam. They are all in on it. Simple as THAT!

• Like 4

Not sure if FB mods would listen, but everyone with a Facebook should report the page. Better it just be taken down at this point.

I tried this. All Facebook does is give you the option to unfollow or not see posts from the page. I guess they figure they don't want to get involved in determining the legitimacy of scams.

• Like 1

Seriously. This time around I bet Mike though no one would figure out what this board was. I mean, there are thousands of different boards out there. Too bad someone who actually knows his stuff can narrow it down to a couple hundred. Thank you Kevtris.

This is great, because now the whole "I didin't know" bullshit is over. You can't Claim you didin#t realyze the transparent prototype didin't work at all and you hooked up a cable from something else on the TV. Also, hat 0.001% Chance that there could be something legit in the SNES prototype is gone. And obviously they have nothing worth showing at all.

Most importantly they're willing to do a complete mockup. 100% no doubt pure mockup. They're willing to straight up lie. There is no deception now. There's nothing you can spin. It's not a POC, it's not a pi or a developer board.

This is really very good to remove any trace of possible credibility that could possibly be perceived by someone.

• Like 2

Seriously. This time around I bet Mike though no one would figure out what this board was. I mean, there are thousands of different boards out there. Too bad someone who actually knows his stuff can narrow it down to a couple hundred. Thank you Kevtris.

This is great, because now the whole "I didin't know" bullshit is over. You can't Claim you didin#t realyze the transparent prototype didin't work at all and you hooked up a cable from something else on the TV. Also, hat 0.001% Chance that there could be something legit in the SNES prototype is gone. And obviously they have nothing worth showing at all.

Most importantly they're willing to do a complete mockup. 100% no doubt pure mockup. They're willing to straight up lie. There is no deception now. There's nothing you can spin. It's not a POC, it's not a pi or a developer board.

This is really very good to remove any trace of possible credibility that could possibly be perceived by someone.

Don't underestimate....

post-43763-0-21712800-1456832123_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So comes the big day and I power it up and it works, both indoors and outdoors. In light and dark. And I fed them more bullshit about how the battery and capacitor stored energy from the sun and was available 24/7. I got an A.

Some number of days later my parents got a call from a professor that works with gifted kids and all and wanted to interview me.

I guess we should be happy that you are not part of Mike's team.

• Like 2

So, what does Mike think removing the pictures at this point in time accomplishes? Meme-worthy stuff like this tends to live forever on the internet because someone, somewhere will always be bringing it up. Zeitgeist, and all that stuff. Some of it may even leak out of the basement on a slow news day and <gasp> the non-gaming press takes notice.

• Like 1