IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I would start by reading the NDA very carefully. No need to get into legal trouble over this. If you've been deceived by Mike, and just say that, most people will get it, without you having to break the terms of the NDA.

Why are you trying to ruin the fun?!? :)

I really doubt Mike has a leg to stand on though.

• Like 1

I would start by reading the NDA very carefully. No need to get into legal trouble over this. If you've been deceived by Mike, and just say that, most people will get it, without you having to break the terms of the NDA.

Not only been deceived by Mike but all his team actually

Continuous lies, promises etc... etc...

So, I've not been deceived, but rather PISSED OFF by all those lies, when we at CollectorVision had to not say a word till the KS campaign

Yeah...right.... tsss.....

Let's just say, there's more to the picture than meets the eyes

In other words, it's even worst than it might look!

• Like 11

I hope his magazine goes under. I hope his reputation turns so sour no one would ever hire the guy, even outside the gaming sector. I hope this guy gets everything he deserves for bring the crook he really is.

QFT

He just flushed everything down the toilet: GameGavel, Retro, Gamerspots and anything else he worked on.

• Like 4

Sure thing!

I'm not going to look like a fool because of them

They clearly promised is a "REAL" prototype and many more things....

Hence why I posted this a week ago on my FB page

"Screw me once and I'll screw you twice"

I was referring to them

I GOT IT!

This whole system was a ploy just to get the on-board developers ticked off enough after being repeatedly lied to so that he could then sue them when they broke their NDA.... regarding a system that never actually existed. BRILLIANT!

Ok, maybe I'm giving Mike too much credit :P.

I would love to read the wording of Mike's NDA. I wonder if he will sue with the same army of top patent lawyers that John Carlsen was talking to.

So all he did was put an LED on the board and glued some USB ports to the front.

Well we complained about the missing LED and USB ports from prototype 2, so he fixed those with the 3rd prototype...

Albert. Kudos to you. You won the internet today, my friend.

Posting my suspicions and then coming back from a run to see that Albert and 511-under had found eBay auctions for the actual card was the highlight of this whole episode fore me!

Do you still have pictures of this USB model?

There's a blurry shot here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247145-coleco-chameleon-hardware-speculations/page-64?do=findComment&comment=3443768- there are other photos back around there somewhere, you can also see it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz7SgnQexJI . Basically it looked just like someone had drilled a hole in the top of the Wii U Pro controller and stuffed a ropey old USB cord in there. Some close up controller photos, including a torn USB cable, here: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/02/16/coleco-chameleon-console-information-kickstarter-cost/

• Like 2

Why are you trying to ruin the fun?!? :)

I really doubt Mike has a leg to stand on though.

Exactly. Mike doesn't have a leg to stand on with this "under NDA" nonsense. Courts will not protect or help someone engaging in deceptive or illegal conduct.

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=211

As an affirmative defense (positive response) a defendant might claim the plaintiff (party suing him/her) has a "lack of clean hands" or "violates the clean hands doctrine" because the plaintiff has misled the defendant or has done something wrong regarding the matter under consideration.

Edited by StopDrop&Retro
  • Like 5

Right, if brought to a court of law, one of the first things they'd probably ask to see was the prototype to verify what he was saying was true. Once the court saw that there was never any hardware to begin with, there wouldn't be a product to protect with an NDA. The point would be moot.

Also, kudos to Kickstarter for undoubtedly canning this POS' existence once whey verified there wasn't a working proto.

PS: "61 members, 239 guests, 5 anonymous users"- Soooo, 5 anonymous users. That's everyone who works at 'Coleco', right?

Edited by MotoRacer

I know that it is profiling and that profiling is bad but 3 out of 3 times caught with your pants down is more than enough for me to see all your junk I'll even need to see.

Mike's junk is really a sight to behold. Nothing amazing at first, but then he jiggles it a bit, panic sets in and it all goes off in his face spectacularly.

1438623013_fireworks_showoff_fail.gif

• Like 11

Okay, so far we've had a mini SNES and a DVR capture card... any guesses as to what we will see inside a Jaguar shell next?

My guess is a digital Casio watch, a loose copy of Kaboom and three dead crickets.

More than likely Mike is going to go dormant for a few months, let this all pass over. Then he will come back with a different name for the console, and reach back out to all the sites that ran the VGS and Chameleon fluff pieces. There is no way he can run with the Chameleon at this point, too many negative videos and posts on the web.

• Like 2

Not only been deceived by Mike but all his team actually

Continuous lies, promises etc... etc...

So, I've not been deceived, but rather PISSED OFF by all those lies, when we at CollectorVision had to not say a word till the KS campaign

Yeah...right.... tsss.....

Let's just say, there's more to the picture than meets the eyes

In other words, it's even worst than it might look!

I have a hard time thinking that this could turn out any worse than it already has for Mike, but i am looking forwards very much to hear you tell us about your experience with this since you were supposed to fix the pack in game for every console.

I'm thinking that a documentary telling the story and the drama involved in the RetroVGS/Chameleon would probably net a lot more money than the Chameleon itself. Maybe Mike should just hop on that. Since it's an actual real thing.

I hope StopDrop&Retro does one. He already has a pretty good start with his "Mike Kennedy or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Retro VGS" video.. Just expand it, add a couple talking head interviews, add some music...

Edited by G-type
  • Like 4

I hope StopDrop&Retro does one. He already has a pretty good start with his "Mike Kennedy or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Retro VGS" video.. Just expand it, add a couple talking head interviews, add some music...

Get out of my head!!!

And quit revealing my summer projects!

There are a lot of people I would love to interview. I would hunt down John Carlsen, stalk him to and from work, whatever I have to do to get in that kitchen and figure out who had him at gunpoint.

But it's nice that you noticed my first video has hints of documentary touches to it. I have given serious thought to making a feature length documentary, but I might need to see if things settle down because with Mike you never know what kinds of twists and turns we're going to see. As a wise man once said: Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning!

nah, seriously, it probably is the end, but I'd like to know for sure

Edit: oh, but regarding djxtheowl's comment, I would never crowdfund it. Even though it would be ironic it's just not how I imagine making it. And I would want to distribute it for free.

Edited by StopDrop&Retro
  • Like 9

But it's nice that you noticed my first video has hints of documentary touches to it. I have given serious thought to making a feature length documentary

It would be so awesome if you managed to get successful funding for this on Kickstarter ;) I'd go in at the $100 level if includes a DVR card and a roll of black electrical tape.

• Like 6