IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

like i said before, dont give him sympathy. give him pity. this is a pitiful situation.

Mike may be a con man, but it would be an awful end if he killed himself. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

How internet savy is his wife? Does she have any idea what's happening?

• Like 7

Gamester81 just posted a video about a pinball machine and is getting a lot of Coleco comments, below is dump, I have also saved original screen dumps.

Please address your involvement with the Caleco Chameleon. I have seen you have deleted some of the your videos.
Reply6
photo.jpg
+jconsolmagno what really? which ones? I nope it wasn't the Net Yaroze video.. i love that one!
photo.jpg
just the ones that associated him with the Retro VGS where he stated the AtariAGE community just hated on MIke for no reason. See here, https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/comments/3mlxyd/retro_vgs_system_interview_with_cofounder_mike/
photo.jpg
+jconsolmagno There is never a reason to hate anyone. Sure people can disagree and have different opinions, but to me "hate" is a very strong word and shouldn't be used lightly. I do see people's concerns, and I think they're legit concerns that should be address by the Coleco Chameleon team.
Reply2
photo.jpg
+jconsolmagno I also deleted the Retro VGS interview because it's no longer relevant. The RETRO VGS system isn't coming out.
photo.jpg
+Gamester81 but you specifically said "haters" in this podcast, I don't think I took you out of context, here is link to NEOGAF http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180235506&postcount=596
  • Like 2

StopDrop&Retro asked a good question... I hope he (Mike) is okay. Has anyone actually heard from him since the end of the Toy fair? This is some real shenanigans for sure, but I would not wish him ill will (the Space 1999 silliness was directed at the fake photo....}

The local retro store near me had the Intellivision flashback for $20, so I decided what the heck (though $20 impulse buys add up....).

While I have thought about it in the past, I've meant to put something together that has information about the various options available for playing older games if one does not want to deal with old hardware. I am sure someone has done something similar already, but there are so many options out there. I will think about this further, and once I have somethings going and this have settled down a bit, maybe I will start a thread for input. This thread isn't a place to get into it.

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 4

More comments from Gamester81:

NachoMan641 hour ago
Do you still support the Coleco Chameleon fraud?
Reply18
revilo304
revilo3041 hour ago
I wondered the same.
xpcoin
xpcoin43 minutes ago (edited)
+NachoMan64
i support the Coleco Chameleon fraud!
I wish I had the molds!
Great PR for this devices!
Gamester81
Gamester8137 minutes ago
+NachoMan64 Not sure what the Coleco Chameleon has to do with the Star Wars pinball. LOL, but to answer your question, we're distancing ourselves from the Chameleon unless proof of a prototype is shown. We were never a part of the hardware team, so I honestly wasn't aware of what was going on behind the scenes and the decisions they made. They have shot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion as you know. Fortunately for CollectorVision we are porting games on multiple platforms regardless, so we are just going to focus on doing just that.
  • Like 2

Because while the SNES was damning evidence, it wasn't like he showed the board, proving it 100%. Now that board has been shown, and it's undeniable now that he's a fraud. What can he say at this point? He can't claim that's not what it is. He's a fraud, and I hope he ends up jail.

Then he would just start a GoFundMe page asking for money to hire a team attorneys

Mike may be a con man, but it would be an awful end if he killed himself. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

How internet savy is his wife? Does she have any idea what's happening?

...except this is all karma for years of ripping people off, quite literally. if he killed himself over this, it'd be bad, but how many people do you think mike's ripped off over the years? its hard to feel guilty about what if's, but we are not his keeper. this is a guy who made tons of money over the years from doing some reverse robin hood shit.

but wait, theres more! in preparation for mike's inevitable removal of his gaming finds series from youtube, i've managed to have some copies of the entire series prototyped and committed to DVD. these videos are in blazing 240p and will play on any mobile device. all 34 episodes are retained and can be yours, with both volumes on dvd OR blu-ray for your donation of only $150, once our fundraiser is fully backed, check us out on gofundme for more info on that. ive included a photo of the pressed up dvd to silence all the haters. not one, but TWO volumes of MK's travels all on one disc! i hope i got everything spelled right and that the disc face graphic is retro enough! thanks for the support guys.

gamecunter.png

Edited by shawnphase
  • Like 1

Idk about anyone else but gamester81 disgusts me . I would have plopped 300 down on the vgs at the time if I weren't more curious about specs, which lead me to all this bullshit. He has a responsibility as a community leader not to shill and suck the oranges off any tree in the park for a few bucks. He knowingly deceived us, I'm sorry hut there's no way around it. He is deleting all his kids and making no noise, except the stray comment. I know one thing if I were "distancing" myself with access to a near 100k YouTube channel I'd be buying frickin ad space on otaku to make it heard. All he wants is to stay quiet so no one remembers that he's wrong too. He literally had exclusivity and pack in deals with MK, and we are to believe he had no idea of the goings on behind the scenes? Even if he was stupid enough to trust mike impleccently and enter into the deal, good money says he knew things were fucked way before all us and said nothing. About a month ago I literally watched as one of his chameleon videos got deleted ( one of the first after the name xhange) I watched then looked again to reread a comment and bam it was gone and bam he had a new upload. He knew this shit stunk long ago and refused to speak up. Not doing something while others do wrong is just as bad as doing it yourself. Rant over :) exhale lol

Excuse typos ,on my phonr

Edited by tomsa34
  • Like 9

So I've been sitting on this story for a while but I think its now time to tell another part of the story... The Jag Bar was once involved with the Coleco Chameleon kickstarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv9cPXW1HLM

This is really fantastic and insightful. Your other vides look fun too so I'll be sure to check back.
  • Like 1

Already exists ;) Not an EverDrive... but still an SD-Card to Jag cart... thing...

I can't stop refreshing this page! This is just too amazing! LOL

Doesn't exist, there was a JagCF project that used Compact Flash cards the Jagware people were working on MANY years ago but its basically vaporware though they did have prototypes unlike Ol' Mikey Boy.

You know its weird right , you expect that its just coincidence that collector vision happen to release Sydney hunter, the pack in game, on the chameleon and SNES? Hmmm, I truely think this goes way deeper then all this. I also feel like gamester KNOwINGLy participated. Okay but for real I promise I'm stopping now! Love this board

Good point! In my mind he'd probably do this:

"And on the Coleco Chameleon these words appear:

"My name is Mike Kennedy, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains: round the decay

Of that 'prototype' console, boundless and bare,

The lone and level games stretch far away."

- "Mike Kennedy" poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1818)

Coleco Chameleon = fake giant psychic space squid

• Like 1

You know its weird right , you expect that its just coincidence that collector vision happen to release Sydney hunter, the pack in game, on the chameleon and SNES? Hmmm, I truely think this goes way deeper then all this. I also feel like gamester KNOwINGLy participated. Okay but for real I promise I'm stopping now! Love this board

Of course he knew there was no solid prototype. Although, I don't think he was out to scam anyone.

Look, I watched a few of the guy's videos along time ago. I got the impression he was one of the, how Ian put it towards the end of the (snes mini) podcast. "a collector of plastic". Just look at gamester81's "trophy" room. I'm pretty sure his end game in all this was another turd he could slap on a shelf he installed. I think his financial interest in this was merely a footnote to a selfish desire to have another thing he could buy that just so happened to feature a launch title he was responsible for.

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 4

I'm not sure about the hate for Gamester81. Basically, he's making a new IP SNES game and, well, it doesn't look all that damned hot, so, if Mike wanted to pay him for a pack in, sure.

It was still an SNES game, there is no 'native' Chameleon to code for, now that it's not an ARM CPU android level machine WITH an FPGA, but, was to be an FPGA system, and is not a pile of dog poo.

I know 2 guys who sound exactly like and look like Gamester and, well, they are really POSITIVE outlook people, and, he maybe just got faulted on this.

He had to do exactly NOTHING to make Tiny Knight special for the CC. I'm sure he was thinking there was no harm in him plugging something that could potentially exponentially increase his sales if it were a hit.

I'll also say I haven't been into the deep retro scene for 5+ years like many around here, so, I can understand people feeling more personally than I do.

• Like 1