IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

What I'd like to know is:

Where's Mike's wife in all of this?

From what podcast segments she's done in the past and hearing her talked about from people who have spent time with her (such as the RGR guys), she's a smart and caring girl who loves her husband very much. She can't be THIS out of the loop. Wouldn't she want to try to tell her husband 'hey, you need to stop this right now for the sake of your health, your image, our marriage, etc.'

How many married guys here think your wife would have reigned you in before even a quarter of all this happened? ;)

she cares enough to help in the booth in the NY fair (there was a photo of her with a badge behind the "prototype")

post-34727-0-55177500-1456968471_thumb.jpg

Come on. She knew. If she cared about her husband as much as you say she did, trust me, she'd be loyal to him to the bitter end, even if it was against her morals. You don't just publicly out your significant other.

Who knows. She could have warned him the entire time. But pig-headed men boys like him will never listen. Marketing guys lie so much, they start believing their own crap.

I feel sorry for her, sure thing she love him enough to tag along this farse, doest talk bad about the kind of person she is? maybe, dont know.

Edited by Cybermario
  • Like 1

Blah Blah Blah... Coleco License, Gamester, Pico, Atariage negative press...

Ask yourself this... does any of this matter one bit if Mike Kennedy already has a signed purchase order for over $2M from Toys 'R Us?

~

post-24675-0-30188000-1373258690.png

i heard Mike signed a contract with McDonalds too, seems you can get a free Coleco Chameleon in the purchase of the Happy Meal and a milkshake

Edited by Cybermario
  • Like 6

Except that it's obviously lame and not a prototype, and if an engineer looks at it, they're going to laugh at them.

Coleco is not just going to have any random idiot look at Mike's board.

Mark my word. In a week, Coleco will dump the deal and attribute it to an unsatisfactory demonstration from the Retro VGS team.

Here's hoping Coleco sticks Mike with the bill for the engineer's time.

Halleujah, it's likely to be the only time a hardware engineer involved with Mike actually gets paid!

• Like 3

Ask yourself this... does any of this matter one bit if Mike Kennedy already has a signed purchase order for over $2M from Toys 'R Us?

~

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Everything that's come out of Mike's mouth has been complete and utter bullshit.

But let's believe this tidbit, haha. I wouldn't trust him if he was the last guy on earth.

Edited by MotoRacer

~

You are not up to date on how these things work, are you?

Oh, and the site is back up.

• Like 12

Come on, he knew. I really doubt the guys on the mag team were completely in the dark. Then again, maybe Mike just freakin lied to everyone in sight...

Can we please stop blaming everyone who happens to be affiliated in any way with Mike? This is getting to be ridiculous.

• Like 9

Can we please stop blaming everyone who happens to be affiliated in any way with Mike? This is getting to be ridiculous.

I didn't until he just up and resigned. Says a lot, right there.

Unless he's just seeing the writing on the wall, but again, these guys who worked for the mag defended Mike as much as any of these guys who were associated with him. Maybe that was due to not knowing any better, but I just find it odd how nice everyone is to a bunch of people who called us all insane.

I always wonder why such things happen.

The idea was good, the support by the community great - why the lies?

[snip]

Thanks for giving your two cents, ED!!

It sucks that these scumbags make it harder for honest guys like you to pursue something similar.

This is how I knew Mike & Co. were full of shit ever since we found out they didn't have a prototype ready for the Kickstarter IndieGoGo campaign. I've followed the Pandora, the GCW Zero and the Pyra. If Mike and his crew had been working for so long they would have had something to show, and it wouldn't be cardboard. People like ED slave away on their projects and love showing off their progress, no matter how small. People like Mike love over promising and hide like cowards when their house of cards comes falling down.

• Like 7

Blah Blah Blah... Coleco License, Gamester, Pico, Atariage negative press...Ask yourself this... does any of this matter one bit if Mike Kennedy already has a signed purchase order for over $2M from Toys 'R Us?

Please be quiet and let others that know something speak.

• Like 2

Should the community organize a boycott of his existing sources of revenue in order to force him to give up his poisonous attempts to con the community out of its money? Or can one separate the indisputably bad from the arguably good even though both are controlled by the same man?

GameGavel is plenty moribund on its own. RETRO magazine never really did it for me, so I didn't support the second year of panhandling/crowdfunding, and it seems many people feel the same way. Chameleon also self-limiting and will be even more dead within the week.

I didn't know who Mike Kennedy was a few years ago, but thanks to this debacle, I'm not going to put a penny into anything else with his name on it. I hardly think an "organized boycott" is necessary. Let natural selection do its thing.

• Like 6

~

Denver toyrus barely exists, good way to put a nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

Yes, this stops now, I'm close to kicking several people from this thread. As soon as I saw someone bring up Mike's wife, my first thought was, "Are you fucking serious?" So, please, I know it's going to be boring now for a bit while we wait for Coleco's report and various podcasts/interviews/blog posts to appear, but let's leave everyone not directly involved with this project alone.

..Al

• Like 37

What I'd like to know is:

Where's Mike's wife in all of this?

From what podcast segments she's done in the past and hearing her talked about from people who have spent time with her (such as the RGR guys), she's a smart and caring girl who loves her husband very much. She can't be THIS out of the loop. Wouldn't she want to try to tell her husband 'hey, you need to stop this right now for the sake of your health, your image, our marriage, etc.'

How many married guys here think your wife would have reigned you in before even a quarter of all this happened? ;)

Ugh, leave her alone. Surely she's somewhere on the continuum between embarrassed and mortified. Do you really need an 11-o-clock-news-style public shaming to confirm it?

• Like 3

GameGavel is plenty moribund on its own. RETRO magazine never really did it for me, so I didn't support the second year of panhandling/crowdfunding, and it seems many people feel the same way. Chameleon also self-limiting and will be even more dead within the week.

I didn't know who Mike Kennedy was a few years ago, but thanks to this debacle, I'm not going to put a penny into anything else with his name on it. I hardly think an "organized boycott" is necessary. Let natural selection do its thing.

on GameGavel. I used to try and sell there but its been years and years ago. I think it was once merged with another auction site or some such that got sold off maybe. Maybe it was after that I don't remember very clear. I liked the idea behind what GameGavel could have been but it just never seemed to work out and I got tired of basically giving my stuff away on there so I went back to ebay. It was one thing to try and support the community, but taking a loss on everything isn't how to do that.

Anyhow, I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has.

• Like 2

Um... :ponder: sometimes that's me.

I've been leaving this thread open to wherever I've stopped reading it so that I can restart from where I stopped when I log out.

Sorry about that. :(

You know that if you are logged in, you can visit the thread, log out, then log back in and you can click on the blue dot beside the thread title in the thread list to take you to the last spot you read, don't you?
  • Like 1