IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

When i heard about the RVGS/Coleco Chameleon on the CU Podcast, i didn't know how big this thing was, until Pat tweeted about the discovery of a freaking capture card inside of a Jaguar shell...

After reading all these posts, i just wanted to thank you guys for doing an impressive investigation on this "thing".

A lot of people could have lost money if it wasn't for you. Both AA and the CU Podcast did an excellent job, protecting the community against this scam.

What is sad is the fact that some uninformed people with good reach on youtube are creating a controversy, and all of a sudden, there's a lot of people on Twitter and Youtube accusing Pat and the folks here at AA to be on a witch hunt.

The real problem here is with MK, he should be the focus of the discussions.

• Like 9

Have you read any of this thread?

Investors in, and employees of, Mike's empire are out thousands of dollars by dodgy business dealings and asset stripping.

Oh, and your shift key is broken.

I have been paying attention, Getting out for blood because somebody failed at a plan isn't productive

companies and investors lose money on gambits, and frankly it takes bluffs sometimes to make things work. If harm is happening to people it is due to internet hate lynch mobbing as opposed to a failed project.

I have been paying attention, Getting out for blood because somebody failed at a plan isn't productive

companies and investors lose money on gambits, and frankly it takes bluffs sometimes to make things work. If harm is happening to people it is due to internet hate lynch mobbing as opposed to a failed project.

Wow...

Is this for real?

• Like 7

What?

• Like 2

This thread oscillates back and forth in an odd sort of way. When there is Mike Kennedy news everyone jumps on it. Soon it dies down, posts and comments start to repeat things. The jokes follow in attempt to stretch it out. Then when it's been hashed 10x over, some members start digging dirt and dragging others into the conversation. Or sometimes they jab one another, ready to strike. When Mike or Coleco speak the thread is brought back on topic.

This happened in the other megathread too.

• Like 4

Meanwhile, it seems that David Giltinan isn't so proud of his association with RetroVGS anymore:

Earlier this week:

attachicon.gifgiltinan_0301.png

Today:

attachicon.gifgiltinan_0303.png

This is the usual attitude of people that are and act like douche idiots, they realize they fucked up and try to hide evidence they was ever involved into this big mess , you name it, removing infomercials, whoops i mean videos, tweets, etc. Then as the proof is "gone" you think nobody can prove you did it, then go into absolute denial "oh come on guys, he tricked me, i was always in your side! :D"

Hey, If it pays the bills...

Wow. Deleting tweets never works. If someone has a desktop Twitter client and follows him, those tweets are archived and are going absolutely nowhere.

I'm starting to feel actual pity for these guys right now. A Mr. T kind of pity.

Yes, i am sure like me, many screened his tweets, nothing that's posted in the internet is truly gone.

Found an old RVGS tweet that made me chuckle given what's happened:

https://twitter.com/ASSYRIAN_WUMBO/status/638530277594243072

rvgs_snes_tky7q.png

gotta love the irony in that

• Like 7

With capital letters after commas and random sentences starting without capital letters, there is a good chance that it's for real.

Reminds me of the way backin89 used to write. That's how we were able to spot his multiple accounts.

(New AtariAge members: if you're in the mood to read other hilarious megathreads, search for threads started by former AtariAge user backin89. Several have become AtariAge Christmas classics!)

• Like 13

I'm real and encased in the limited edition brown plastic shell.

i knew it, you are selfaware now, you are skynet!

i havent seen anyone in this thread out for blood really, love the wording, now blaming this community and all the people that was sure it was a snes and then a dvr card if something happens to mike and the people involved? get real. While nobody here wishes any harm to Mike, if he sunks into depression or drinking, is all up to him if he decides to take that route. Let's hope he doesnt and man up to face what he brought it on himself.

Wow...

Is this for real?

took the words out of my mouth

• Like 5

You know it's funny. The Coleco Chameleon has forever cemented its place in history. It will now join the ranks of other famous unreleased consoles such as the Phantom, Ultravision, DISCover, and so many other failed 'never ran' contenders.

It's kinda ironic.

which Phantom?

I know a console called Phantom System. I had it when i was a kid, it was a famiclone sold here in Brazil.

So there was more projects like the CC? Interesting...

I can't quite understand why Mike just didn't re-released the Jaguar with new games?

He owns the molding to the Atari Jaguar CD units also, that right there is a money maker.

There's a fundamental problem with both of these suggestions: Mike owns the molds to making the plastic shells - but he has no ability to reproduce any of the internal components.

To even make a proof-of-concept, he'd have to do something like take apart an existing, working Jaguar, and put its internals into one of the newly molded shells.

And that's just crazy. :ponder:

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 4

which Phantom?

I know a console called Phantom System. I had it when i was a kid, it was a famiclone sold here in Brazil.

So there was more projects like the CC? Interesting...

Phantom mentioned here is this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Entertainment#The_Phantom_console

There is also the Konix Multisystem:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konix_Multisystem

SNES CD-ROM:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNES-CD

Sega Neptune:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/32X#Sega_Neptune

3DO M2 (was used in some Konami arcade games but home console scrapped)

Indrema L600

and many more never were released.

• Like 7

Much earlier in the thread I was joking about a Jag clone; implying that he could then have just brought a Jaguar in and called it a "clone prototype". I think Bill's response is relevant to discussions of a new Jag, though:

The patterns are too familiar for MK to not be at the helm.

Ironically, he might have pulled this off had he gone for a Jaguar clone instead.

"Ignore that it only uses Jag controllers ... for now."

Is there lots of demand for a clone or sequel to one of the worst selling consoles of all time?

• Like 1

You know it's funny. The Coleco Chameleon has forever cemented its place in history. It will now join the ranks of other famous unreleased consoles such as the Phantom, Ultravision, DISCover, and so many other failed 'never ran' contenders.

It's kinda ironic.

But the Nuon was, in fact, released-Tempest 3000 and Iron Soldier 3 are awesome!

• Like 4