IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Sorry, Albert. I'll try to remember my own advice: stop feeding the trolls.

On a more interesting note: Nintendo Legend has just posted an interview with Steve Tom Sawyer, a former Mike Kennedy associate. I've only just started listening, but so far it sounds very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl754JuG1vw&feature=youtu.be

Wow! That shit is messed up!

Not quite.

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/spacecat33/media/Nintendoplaystation.jpg.html

The prototype console on the left was made in limited supplies, something around the 2000 mark. wound up being stuck in some random warehouse. The concept, although almost identical to the released PS1, was never actually released (and AFAIK, never manufactured).

I don't believe the SNES CD prototype (the one that stacks underneath the SNES) actually existed either. I could be wrong on that one though.

Wouldn't all of those be prototypes for the PlayStation though?

Start a new thread. IIRC, this thread started less than 24 hours after the old one got locked. 410 pages and counting. You just can't kill this beast... :cool:

Nah, until it's dead or enters another phase, "hardware speculation" is just the right thing.

PSA: Super Nintendo games are now available on New 3DS, for your playing-SNES-on-modern-systems needs. http://tinycartridge.com/post/140421004357/snes-virtual-console-games-now-on-new-3dses

• Like 4

Sorry this is lengthy, didn't want to spam multiple LTTP posts as I went through another night's worth of CC thread.

I can't quite understand why Mike just didn't re-released the Jaguar with new games?

That would be a huge undertaking. In the early days of RVGS he did contact the two French guys who have worked on FPGA Jaguars. I believe they pointed out he'd need something a little heftier inside his machine to support them.

During the last few days here in AA I found out that it is somewhat easy to convert Atari ST games to Jaguar. My mind exploded!

CJ, making stuff look too easy since 1985.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What is sad is the fact that some uninformed people with good reach on youtube are creating a controversy, and all of a sudden, there's a lot of people on Twitter and Youtube accusing Pat and the folks here at AA to be on a witch hunt.

Internet celebrity solidarity, everyone wanting to close ranks but distance themselves the fuck away from MK and pretend like shit never happened. But it's all just toxic Internet haters being toxic Internet haters, amirite?

I have been paying attention, Getting out for blood because somebody failed at a plan isn't productive

companies and investors lose money on gambits, and frankly it takes bluffs sometimes to make things work. If harm is happening to people it is due to internet hate lynch mobbing as opposed to a failed project.

Wow, someone out-Janus'ed Janus - AAA++++, 10/10, would LOL again.

Where is this lynch mob I keep hearing about?

I'm more a tar-n-feather man, myself.

Nudge nudge, wink wink, say... no... more...

*snip*

Hey, Dreamwriter, is that you?

The Steve Tom Sawyer interview is interesting, in spite of the interviewer often shutting things down when they are getting really juicy :lolblue:

If it wasn't for the guy being interviewed being so willing to offer up information, this could easily have gone nowhere.

Whoa...

WHOA.

That guy Steve seems to be genuine as far as the topic of discussion goes (MK/RETRO/RVGS/CC/GG/etc.) and seems to be into this stuff for all the same reasons myself and many of my friends and associates are - for the fun of being involved with making and playing games.

"Money Changes People". The picture he paints of MK and the money trail... yikes.

Allegedly taking cash-for-commentary in RETRO - dropsies from devs to big up games in the mag? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....................

MK better hope gamergaters don't get a whiff of that, yikes.

• Like 7

Guy bumbles too much. I stopped listening around 4 minutes in, then I picked back up until 11. It's a rehash of everything that's happened thus far. If you've been following the AA threads since their inception, nothing new here. Yawn...

IMO its quite a good summary for those who do not want to dig through 215 (and counting) pages on AtariAge. :)

• Like 1

Sorry, Albert. I'll try to remember my own advice: stop feeding the trolls.

On a more interesting note: Nintendo Legend has just posted an interview with Steve Tom Sawyer, a former Mike Kennedy associate. I've only just started listening, but so far it sounds very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl754JuG1vw&feature=youtu.be

Just listened, Steve crossed the line when he started making death threats against Mike. Nobody has a right to do that no matter what the raw deal and I do not condone that but when you screw over enough people you might run into trouble. HOWEVER, almost 100% of what Steve said was totally true and not embellished at all and some of it Steve even downplayed. The guy that Mike replaced him with, as well as the other *NEW* staff were never told about all the work that Steve did and that most of it was his idea, they were told he was a minor contributor who wrote a few poorly worded articles. If Steve had not made the threats he would be totally in the right, and I think has changed for the better, I will give him that. I only mention that part of the story because it could be brought up to deflect from the real issue. Steve was definitely processed through the Socal Mike system, use the guys ideas and work, replace him, throw him overboard, and diminish his contributions. About the only thing that he was wrong on is saying that it cost around 10k per issue as if it were unreasonable, I think it sounds about spot on, other than that I can't dispute a word of it.

• Like 10

Wow, someone out-Janus'ed Janus - AAA++++, 10/10, would LOL again.

Looking at his writing style, I suspect he likes taking selfies near hotel bathroom doors and "has been down before".

Allegedly taking cash-for-commentary in RETRO - dropsies from devs to big up games in the mag? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....................

MK better hope gamergaters don't get a whiff of that, yikes.

Much of that sounded just like the MK I've come to know and love. That's insane. I see Pipercub has come in and verified much. I'm starting to wonder if this and the RVGS thread have been too kind to him? :evil:

• Like 4

PSA: Super Nintendo games are now available on New 3DS, for your playing-SNES-on-modern-systems needs. http://tinycartridge.com/post/140421004357/snes-virtual-console-games-now-on-new-3dses

You could also get an Android handheld, fill it up with emulators including for SNES, and not purchase games from Nintendo that you already have before. Why buy a cow when you can get the sex for free?

Just listened, Steve crossed the line when he started making death threats against Mike. Nobody has a right to do that no matter what the raw deal and I do not condone that but when you screw over enough people you might run into trouble. HOWEVER, almost 100% of what Steve said was totally true and not embellished at all and some of it Steve even downplayed. The guy that Mike replaced him with, as well as the other *NEW* staff were never told about all the work that Steve did and that most of it was his idea, they were told he was a minor contributor who wrote a few poorly worded articles. If Steve had not made the threats he would be totally in the right, and I think has changed for the better, I will give him that. I only mention that part of the story because it could be brought up to deflect from the real issue. Steve was definitely processed through the Socal Mike system, use the guys ideas and work, replace him, throw him overboard, and diminish his contributions. About the only thing that he was wrong on is saying that it cost around 10k per issue as if it were unreasonable, I think it sounds about spot on, other than that I can't dispute a word of it.

Didn't actually pick up on the death threats things, maybe because I was listening as I ploughed on through this damn thread. Going to have to listen again!

EDIT: Wait, is that something that happened in the past and not casually dropped into the video?

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 1

I'm starting to wonder if this and the RVGS thread have been too kind to him? :evil:

You know, at times I questioned myself and others, because I'm not some robot who doesn't have compassion for other human beings... but Pipercub just confirmed Steve's comments to be near 100% or even played down...

Wow.

This was only a matter of time it seems. But if it wasn't for such a large-scale and spectacularly catastrophic disaster, how long would such actions have continued unchecked? He pretty much says that there's a history here of people being burned and used, attempting to tell their side of the story and being dismissed - probably because MK surrounds himself with so many people and always manages to talk his way out of a sticky situation.

SD&R really has his work cut out if he plans to get to the bottom of this whole saga, there seems to be so much more to be uncovered.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 4

Wouldn't all of those be prototypes for the PlayStation though?

It depends on how you look at it. Sony delivered on a CDROM based console, sadly it took Nintendo a few more years to crap out the Gamecube. The N64 DD addon was another "plop it on top" style addon, but sadly it was never released outside Japan, because they felt it was inferior (like the Famicom disk system)

If Sony/Philips/Nintendo/NEC got over their differences in the 80s/90s, we probably would have gotten the "Nintendo Playstation" with the SNES slot.

Edited by some_canuck

Steve Tom Sawyer "I want to like say something on AtariAge, but I don't... 'cause I feel like it's going to open up this big like can of worms. People are going to be like asking me things that go waaaay back. And I don't know all the answers to a lot of those things".

Eric Bailey "You could always post and not stick around, you're not under any obligation".

Steve Tom Sawyer "It's like heroin though, you can't take just like a little bit of that AtariAge juice, you do a little bit and you're like awwww I need a little bit more".

:lolblue:

• Like 12

You could also get an Android handheld, fill it up with emulators including for SNES, and not purchase games from Nintendo that you already have before. Why buy a cow when you can get the sex for free?

Who says you have to choose one or the other? Nintendo has nice hardware, and it's good to support the studios who make the games you are pirating, even if you bought it on cartridge in 1991.

• Like 3

Nah, until it's dead or enters another phase, "hardware speculation" is just the right thing.

Certainly explains the new (official) 3ds console design in Japan.

smVJOZF.jpg

I promised myself i'd not buy a new 3DS but this is just too much to say no...

• Like 2

Thanks, maybe that and the Received version link could be added to the left side menu some day. :thumbsup:

I will not be doing any further modifications to the current version of the forum software, as a major new version has been released and I will be moving AtariAge to it this spring. I expect chaos and all around panic once I do this.

..Al

• Like 14

I will not be doing any further modifications to the current version of the forum software, as a major new version has been released and I will be moving AtariAge to it this spring. I expect chaos and all around panic once I do this.

You mean more chaos than we've already been exposed to in this thread? That's it, I'm moving to North Korea. ;)

You mean more chaos than we've already been exposed to in this thread? That's it, I'm moving to North Korea. ;)

It's a special kind of chaos, the one where many people freak out because various elements of the forum have changed. If we can combine that with a thread like this, well, that'll be a perfect storm. :D

..Al

• Like 16

Id say this boards been pretty chaotic already but Id be lyin if I said it wasn't a highly entertaining read over the last couple days, enough so that I made an account lol. I also find myself fascinated by the sheer technical know-how I've witnessed in this thread even though I'm not exactly technically inclined I feel like I've learned a lot about electronics in my last few days lurking here as a guest and I feel like its an awesome community here

Edited by The Notorious MW
  • Like 6

Oh you think it's crazy now, just wait till the 7 day deadlines up!

I been reading from the 25th or so right before the Kickstarter fiasco from about a million pages ago it seems so you better believe I got my popcorn ready when the deadline hits

https://blog-blogmediainc.netdna-ssl.com/upload/SportsBlogcom/2159727/0155320001455673288_filepicker.jpg

Edited by The Notorious MW