IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

It also makes no sense when he said pat should have reached out to get Mike's side. Like he was going to anything other than deny the allegations.

It's funny because in the same video Gamester81 says he was caught in the dark about the Chameleon several times... And he was directly involved with the project...

Why should anybody trust the official source?

It's basically a BS video. But that doesn't surprise me. Many of his videos sound like infomercials and the others who don't are almost always about rarity and collectible items...

Edited by DFPT
  • Like 5

Steve Tom Sawyer "It's like heroin though, you can't take just like a little bit of that AtariAge juice, you do a little bit and you're like awwww I need a little bit more".

I can quit anytime.

I will not be doing any further modifications to the current version of the forum software, as a major new version has been released and I will be moving AtariAge to it this spring. I expect chaos and all around panic once I do this.

Awesome. Much better than that half-way around panic that usually happens with forum upgrades.

Well, consider this. If Al lives for another 80 years and does nothing write one post every second for the rest of his life, he will only be able to make around 2,522,880,000 posts. I think the universe is safe. :D

You're not taking into account his army of clones.

(Whoops... I've said too much.)

I think that whoever came up with the name "Coleco Turducken" for the RVGS mkII is a genius. I think going forward, this thing should only be referred to that way. :D

Someone needs to copyright this idea before Mike does.

post-2641-0-46083700-1457121006_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

There has to be a technical term for this type of defense, I just don't know what it is. Where you downplay one wrong by referencing a greater one? I wonder what Isis uses when they're caught. "well, ya know right now there's a supernova going off somewhere in the universe vaporizing planets and lifeforms. The resultant gamma ray burst is killing things for light years around. So, is our slaughter of infidels really that bad?"

Fallacy of relative privation. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

• Like 10

Good lord. As far as I'm concerned, this video undoes his previous apology. I can't believe the ignorance displayed here. He really does ultimately prove Pat was right in his callout.

Dont forget the glorious body language, scratching head and touching his nose all the time, both signs of someone lying, he is clasping and squeezing hands all the time, signs of someone that's uncomfortable and fearful. That alone screams he is lying and trying to cover up his actions with lies. He dont regret anything, playing the victim role, that's all.

• Like 4

I ask once more, do we know when the 7 days deadline is supposed to end?

Coleco requested the prototype in 7 days, but even from that post it doesn't mean that Mike received the request on that day

Also it could takes weeks before Coleco responds with it own findings

• Like 2

Dont forget the glorious body language, scratching head and touching his nose all the time, both signs of someone lying, he is clasping and squeezing hands all the time, signs of someone that's uncomfortable and fearful. That alone screams he is lying and trying to cover up his actions with lies. He dont regret anything, playing the victim role, that's all.

Is this a professional viewpoint or just anecdotal?

I mean don't get me wrong I hear you, just want to make sure that we don't go around calling liar anyone that is just somewhat fidgeting :-D

[i do not know if Gamester81 is lying and if he is to who? Maybe to himself, I have my opinion about it but that's it, I am no professional of that particular field]

• Like 1

Gamester81 shouldn't of blamed Pat and Ian, as Mike basically hyped this project to the moon, then fled to his ISIL bunker, which left him and Piko in the crossfire to a few.

Also don't blame Pat and Ian being really angry since Mike threaten them in the past, and they don't hide their past falling out.

• Like 2

I'm torn here. I have friends who are in support of gamester81 and those who are not in support of him. I think I am going to go sit in a secluded corner somewhere and hide.

Does your friendship with those people depend on where you stand, though? I'd hope it's based on something more -- in which case, hey, fearlessly form your own opinion and don't worry about it, just play games or whatever else you enjoy. :-D

[ I am just amused on the sideline. ]

• Like 7

Retrogaming roundup have just posted a new show interviewing piko interactive, the rss feed is at http://libsyn.retrogamingroundup.com/
And there's a direct link to it http://ec.libsyn.com/p/5/2/7/52722a8d48fca134/RoundUp099_2016.03.04.mp3?d13a76d516d9dec20c3d276ce028ed5089ab1ce3dae902ea1d06cd8036d2c8596806&c_id=11114675

Edited as my phone my a right mess of that link

Edited by random_dave
  • Like 4

Is this a professional viewpoint or just anecdotal?

I mean don't get me wrong I hear you, just want to make sure that we don't go around calling liars anyone that is just somewhat fidgeting :-D

[i do not know if Gamester81 is lying and if he is to who? Maybe to himself, I have my opinion about it but that's it, I am no professional of that particular field]

i wish i could say is a profesisonal opinion, but have heard doctors i know about it and well google is a nice soruce of information. If any, that video was far from a real apology

Beat me to it. I knew there was a matching fallacy, but it was taking forever to get through the fallacy wiki page :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Well, get back to work. There's so many of them that apply to this.

There's the argument from ignorance, for the people who believed in Chameleon because they didn't believe it was proven false

Circular reasoning and circular cause and consequence of wanting this to exist because there are Jag shells and they need some electronics

Equivocation over the word "prototype"

False authority on the RVGS Facebook page after all the dissenters were removed

Homunculus of AtariAge as a bunch of "haters" as if that explains anything

Proof by assertion Mike Kennedy's communication style, say it again and again as if it's true

Nirvana fallacy, or why we can't use emulators because they aren't as perfect as FPGA could be

Onus probandi because RVGS is great until proven otherwise

Proof by verbosity especially in those damned talking head think piece videos I dislike so much

No True Scotsman as if all retro gamers are the same and want the same crap on a cartridge

Appeal to accomplishment as applicable to the RetroVGS dream team as presented (except for "hardware guy")

Appeal to emotion because don't you think kids today deserve to learn about what you liked as a child?

Wishful thinking because if you crap in one hand and wait for Chameleon with another, see which fills up first

Appeal to motive since Mike Kennedy seemed like such a Nice Guy and just got in over his head

Appeal to tradition since cartridges are old, and we liked them way back then, so they must be awesome

Straw Man we all must be jealous of their great success, or want to take them down, or something

Or am I just cherry picking?

• Like 17

I'm torn here. I have friends who are in support of gamester81 and those who are not in support of him. I think I am going to go sit in a secluded corner somewhere and hide.

Don't think most people here believe Gamester81 was part of the fake prototypes, just that now he is trying to generate buzz that Pat and Ian are creating a conspiracy against him