IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

This seems like a lot of brouhaha. A lot of "stuff" going on and nothing getting done. Whereas true talent works quietly. I'm dismayed that so many non-tech things were happening when there wasn't even a real product to show.

What, you don't want the opportunity to play Blackthorne and Lost Vikings on cartridge (again)?

• Like 1

Geez, two and a half pages of new responses to this topic since I posted not even 4 hours ago. Way more attention than it deserves. The Retro VGS/Chameleon was a terrible idea that should have quietly vanished as soon as it appeared, like so many other bad ideas before it.

• Like 1

Geez, two and a half pages of new responses to this topic since I posted not even 4 hours ago. Way more attention than it deserves. The Retro VGS/Chameleon was a terrible idea that should have quietly vanished as soon as it appeared, like so many other bad ideas before it.

Of course it deserves to die, it never deserved to live. This thread is more about the bizarre business decisions of the people behind the hardware.

• Like 15

lets be straight up, this thread has always been about exposing mike kennedy for the scam that he is. the words he has to say now, they mean less than nothing. his sentiments and actions from the last two months show us how scummy he is, and unfortunately if we want the truth, it requires proving it. not with deductive reasoning solely, but this is what it comes down to when we're talking about a man who cannot keep his lies straight, a man who wishes to throw every single person to the wolves that he can, all to retain a shred of false dignity. i hope thats workin out well for you mike. your magazine will not make it to the 2nd issue of the 3rd year now.

Maybe it is just me, but I seem to remember a lot of hype and photos back when the Jaguar tooling got picked up and when new shells were being made. Real physical things, lots of pictures, talk, videos and such. I didn't even have a Jaguar but was tempted to get one of the new shells just in case I ever would get a Jaguar again. All that seemed pretty cool. Something being brought back and getting to see the photos and videos.

Very different than how things were shown with either of the consoles. I would have expected lots of photos. New pictures of boards and all kinds of cool info updates, just because of how things were done with the Jaguar molds. I guess it's different when you actually have a real physical thing to be proud.

But that's the thing, well for me anyhow. If I were coming out with some cool new thing, once I had it to the point where I had something to show off. I would want to do just that, Show it off. Photos of holding cool boards, showing how the carts were going to be, anything I had done and was proud of I would want to share with the community so that others could share the excitement. That's half the fun, when you love a hobby to be able to share it. Even if I weren't the one making stuff but was involved, I would have my nose stuck in as much as I could. If I were having someone working with me on something like that, I would want to get to see it every step of the way so I could talk about it intelligently if nothing else. I would want to see it tested and be able to show that. I would want to crack the case open and show off our work and what was inside.

Not so much, posting renders of different color shells you can pay more for, or sharing the clever names for new pricing tiers, or how you can pay to be sure and get a low serial number unit.

The RVGS and CC don't really seem like projects of passion or something created for the love of the hobby or community.

Also, I don't have a problem with forgiving someone. Just remember to forgive someone doesn't mean what you're forgiving them of was okay or acceptable. It also doesn't mean you have to trust them, believe them, have faith in them to do the right thing, think highly of them, care for or about them, respect them, like them or want them around. It just means you've forgiven them.

I suppose there are lots of ways for a person to make a name for themselves and have a reputation within a community. Though the kind of name and reputation.. well..

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

• Like 9

Please Mike, turn this around. Its going to be hard. You will have haters for YEARS, some of which who will never come around. Any business ventures in the retro gaming field are prolly gone. But go back to your roots, remember the real reason why you enjoy these games, and the retro community. Its not about making money, business ventures and whatnot. Its about enjoying games from our childhood. Simple as that.

Ohh but it IS about making money.

• Like 6

... and I want my long lost virginity back, I've looked for it everywhere but couldn't find it .....

Jokes aside maybe it's time to realize that your friend is gone and it was for long time, this new guy you don't like is what's left, like it or not. Deal with it.

..Kinda like upgrading to windows 10 when you clicked "no"..

You know those times when you're in a big traffic jam, spending double or triple your regular commute time, and then you finally get to the point where you're able to speed up again and move on your merry way like usual...

...and you look around, to see zero evidence of anything that happened to make your trip so long?

• Like 12

I am not sure if this has been brought up in the last several pages - I didn't see it - but is there really enough of an Atari Jaguar base out there to generate more than a trivial amount of money selling just the cases? Or is it from the dental imaging thing (which must also be quite small)?

Mike, or anyone else involved with this that wishes to talk, I am open for interviews. Fair and honest chance here. Just like every interview I have done covering this thing.

Think about it. I am not a hard person to find.

You never responded to MK's comments regarding your potential acquisition of Retro.

• Like 1

I don't think there ever was a significant market for this project. There's literally 10's or possibly hundreds of ways to play classic games.

It might have generated hoopla and blog clicks. But when it comes down to the experience we all had back in the day, this would come up short. It would soon become a shelf-sitter.

I am just glad this whole fiasco is done as leods said, the shell tooling is in good hands with Al, what he will do with them who knows.

I know what's happening with them. And to prove it I transcribed it here. But I will only tell the password when the plans are officially announced.

Meantime have a crack at it. PM me if you figure it out. Good luck to all!

Plans for jag molds.rar

Besides, I will explain that when Mike explains his shenanigans.

I think at this point you can no longer really consider yourself to be an impartial observer, since you ostensibly attempted to do business with MK. Offering to do interviews at this point almost just seems like public posturing.

triverse, on 06 Apr 2016 - 6:02 PM, said:

As stated be fore, Mike was not involved in those discussions as he is, according to what I know, not the majority shareholder.

So I take it you feel I am trying to decieve here too?

I really enjoy all the work you do, traverse, and have read all your stuff on this sorry mess, and I believe that you can be impartial to doing interviews and the like.

However, given how 1) Mike has publicly denied you trying to take over Retro and saying that he IS the majority shareholder, and 2) he's not going to post here anymore, I don't see any harm in opening up fully on this. We all know he won't.

• Like 2

I was in talks with shareholders, other than Mike, that represented about 60% percent together of Game Gavel. The magazine is apparently in debt, for many reasons that I was never really made clear of.

From my understanding there is more than one contract in play here.

I talked with these shareholders about the situation the mag was in as far as debt the most. Mainly I wanted to know how it got that way.

Talks went cold as a lot of paperwork was never revealed and at the end of March I dropped out of the discussion.

Mike was never involved, and never knew I was talking with the shareholders that I was. From my understanding, Mike holds less than 50% of the shares of Game Gavel.

Edit to correct: my apologies, they hold 60% of the mag. I am not sure of their investment in GG itself. There are three shareholders in the mag and over 10 in GG itself from what I understand.

• Like 6

We hear: "The mag is doing great. Everything is fine. The delays were guy's Y fault, don't worry, I've already thrown him under the bus."

Since he posted that i have been wondering, is he throwing under the bus David Giltinan too? Afterall he was the face of RETRO and the editor in chief before he left after the DVR fiasco. Who else could have been responsable for the magazine if not him.

For a second I thought you were talking about someone else we know...

It sounds to me like Mike and Sean fit together like peas in a pod. Here's an idea- how do we know one was trying to scam the other? Maybe Mike and Sean were working together to fabricate a convincing prototype that would fool Kickstarter and eventually their backers and Mike thought if anyone can help him pull off that scheme it would be Sean? Then if/when all goes to hell you have a fall guy ready to take the blame.

CTwJV.jpg

Could you repost that article/blog here for us to read?

I may have been too harsh with leathco.

I'm sure his intent was noble, I still believe he could have helped Mike in other more direct ways. We know thenavguy is a friend of Mike and I want to believe he's attempting to helping him out without the need of any public forum at that ... you know as a friend ... as it should be until amends are done or whatever a good friend would do in this circumstances.