IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Not only did he know, but the only excuse he can give (without really admitting it was him hitting the delete button) is "Well, I trusted Sean more than hundreds of people who were proving me wrong, so I thought I knew better and didn't need to listen to any of you." It's almost as if Mike wants to blame us for being right, just so he doesn't have to own up to ANY deception. Because that's the last lie Mike is trying to push: that he never intended to deceive, when that is literally the only thing he's been doing since this project was announced.

Furthermore, let's not forget that he tried to get Jag Bar to do a video without a proto, further proof he knew his proto was bull. All he did was sweep damning evidence under the bus, and he thinks just because he waited a month or so that we forgot about that? Why wait the day of the Kickstarter to take it all down? Oh wait, you tried lying to them about your proto, too! It didn't work out, so you backed out like the con artist you are.

And then to plead to not let this effect his magazine sales? Sorry, no. Man, if that's not a cry for "please.. please... it's all I have left for revenue" I don't know what is....

At the end of the day, Mike either is the worst con man of all time, or he's the most hands-off business man in history with the loosest checkbook, which I highly doubt. I seriously can't even believe he has ANY sympathizers left in the world.

• Like 12

Believe the only reason he responded to this thread was because of the retro gaming magazine VS retro video gaming magazine fight he is having

A lot of the conflict is Mike naming his Mag almost the same name as Carl's, which I don't blame Carl for being angry about, since the Mike brand is currently poison.

The Below post are from Mike uneditied as you can tell, he is only mainly posting about Carl, and I doubt Sean is the reason for him posting here now

Mike's Retro preceded Carl's, no? The latter has produced only 2 electronic issues. RETRO UK are the ones who should have had a beef.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mike's Retro preceded Carl's, no? The latter has produced only 2 electronic issues. RETRO UK are the ones who should have had a beef.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You are probably referring to the UK's Retro Gamer, which is not written in capitals, lets not confuse things further ;)

Carl's Kickstarter was the first of the two, but Mike's Kickstarter and first issue were before Carl's first issue. There were two UK magazines with Retro in their name in the early 2000s:

Retro Review
Retro Gamer
RETRO Videogame Magazine (Mike)
Retro Gaming Magazine (Carl)
  • Like 10

“The Coleco Chameleon is still alive and well by debuting the fully functional Coleco Chameleon Dev Kit at the annual Midwest Gaming Classic for the reasonable price of $12,000 US Dollars. Be the first (and only) one to develop new cartridge based games for the system. The kit includes a clear cased Chameleon complete with a fully functional DVR board, two Super Chameleon Controllers, the new Chameleon Remote control used to simulate the famous rest bug found at the Toy Fair in NY, and last but not least a fully operation Chameleon 30 inch LCD monitor. Hurry now before this one and ONLY dev kit is sold.

The owners of the Chameleon say the cost should be enough to cover the price of the molds used to make the clear cases.”

6409c911-6445-4a7a-aa1f-a8d8b98dd729_zps

e118ee15-a3ce-49b2-be22-4d9e6fc25067_zps

e5d1adc4-88e7-4b1d-baa4-1fb90b297910_zps

In all seriousness I did come across this mockup at the Midwest Gaming Classic. And at first I said, No way is this for real, are they really trying to sell a dev kit at the show. Then I saw the price and the words parody. Then I talked with the guy who put this all up and he said it was all for fun. I don’t post much but I could not resist.

• Like 16

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/315758

The rest of the mags I have created are available there as well I. PDF and print.

We produced a preview issue under the Retro Gaming Monthly name in September of 2012, after our Kickstarter failed.

We changed to Retro Gaming Magazine shortly after this around this time.

Through another site I am a co-founder on I work closely with Imagine Publishing and many UK based publications. They were well aware of the title of my publication prior to launching even the preview issue.

I also was in contact with Electronic Gaming Monthly owner, Steve Harris to secure permission to use the initials 'RGM' which were close to his publication that went by the name 'EGM' after their relaunch.

• Like 3

The boot screen was genius. :D

12923132_1264230066924657_23329302377396

Pushing this same joke is a kind a genius.

Now, Chameleon uses a snes controller unstead a WII-U controller.

Here a new slogan:

"Remember when, you heard Coleco Chameleon for the first time."

Edited by Serguei2
  • Like 1

It was the spiritual successor to the Jag, wasn't it?

So association by breed.

Huh. Until this post here, I was not aware that the Nuon was the spiritual successor to the Atari Jaguar. I buy and sell Nuon systems as a nice side business (apparently Arkansas is the dumping grounds of obscure electronics). Interesting. Thanks for the bit of news there, Phoenix.

Huh. Until this post here, I was not aware that the Nuon was the spiritual successor to the Atari Jaguar. I buy and sell Nuon systems as a nice side business (apparently Arkansas is the dumping grounds of obscure electronics). Interesting. Thanks for the bit of news there, Phoenix.

Sort of, I guess... in that Iron Soldier 3 and Tempest 3000 are on there. Dunno if I really think of it as the successor to the Jag.

Also the VLM from Llamasoft.

But anyway maybe it is related to the lineage of the company founders:

http://www.nuon-dome.com/nuon_faq_official.html

What are the backgrounds and experiences of the VM Labs' executive team?

RICHARD MILLER, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Miller founded VM Labs in 1994 to develop and market technologies for interactive entertainment. Before founding VM Labs, Mr. Miller was Vice President, technology for Atari Corporation from 1989 to 1994, responsible for Atari's development of computer and video game products. The "Jaguar," developed by Mr. Miller's team was the first true 64-bit video game system and was widely recognized for its technical superiority. From 1987 to 1989, Mr. Miller was Managing Director of Perihelion Ltd. in England, a developer of high powered workstation computers based upon the parallel-processing, RISC-architecture Transputer chip.

BILL REHBOCK, VP, 3rd Party Development Mr. Rehbock is one of the most recent additions at VM Labs. Mr. Rehbock was the VP of R&D and Technical Support at Sony Computer Entertainment America for the past two years where he headed North American PlayStation library development, Development Support, and Peripherals Licensing. While at Sony, he was responsible for opening up communication between Sony and its developers and getting the vast amounts of developer documentation re-translated and formatted to make it easier to create PlayStation software. He was also responsible for the launch of the "Net Yaroze" hobbyist development system for PlayStation. Prior to Sony, Mr. Rehbock was responsible for bringing critical titles such as Doom, Myst, and Wolfenstein 3D to Atari's Jaguar.

He is correct, I know both of them (well, met them in a company meeting), they visited our offices with the proto system (Whoa! They had a working proto!). I believe they called it System X at the time.

• Like 5

Actually the connection runs even deeper: this guy is good!!!!

(all the way from Sinclair to Flair, Flair II, Atari then Nuon wow, recently with NVidia Tegra [i know it's accidental but Ouya uses a Tegra 3])

John Mathieson

wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mathieson_(computer_scientist)

yatedo resume: http://www.yatedo.com/p/John+Mathieson/normal/383e1ff943720a3740e4bb205d42948b

[wtf is yatedo anyway]

I had that same monitor in the early 90's a Sony trinitron out of an Army comms van that was getting scraped, I watched allot of Sky TV and MTV Europe on it, great memories. Not much to do with a video game system in 2015 though

And I made a habit of tossing Retro mag into the trash and sharing the pic, but I threw out the CC advert, I would have framed it!!!

Edited by Pipercub
  • Like 2