IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

FPO

Fleet Post Office

FPO

For Position Only (printing/desktop publishing)

FPO

Follow-On Public Offer (finance)

FPO

Formación Profesional Ocupacional (Spanish: Occupational Training Organization)

FPO

Flower Promotion Organization (alliance between Colombian and US flower growers)

FPO

Frame Pointer Omission (programming)

FPO

Field Post Office

FPO

Field Paint Only (paintball)

FPO

Fire Prevention Officer (US fire departments)

FPO

Fuel Purchase Option (rental car)

FPO

Floating Point Operation

FPO

Federal Preservation Officer

FPO

Force Protection Officer

FPO

Fully Paid Ordinary (Australian share-trading)

FPO

Fab PowerOps (software)

FPO

Flight Procedures Office (US FAA)

FPO

Field Purchase Order

FPO

Faciopalatoosseous Syndrome

FPO

Floor Plan Online

FPO

Fun Prevention Officer

FPO

Freiheitliche Partei Osterreichs

FPO

Field Personnel Orientation

FPO

Front Page Optimization (web click through rates)

FPO

Federal Protective Officer

FPO

Flexible Payment Option

FPO

Federal Prosecutor's Office

FPO

Federal Prosecuting Office

FPO

Field Project Office

FPO

Franciscans of Primitive Observance (religious order)

FPO

Freeport, Bahamas - Freeport International Airport (Airport Code)

FPO

Fast Physical Optics Algorithm

FPO

Fireworks Pyrotechnic Operator

FPO

Foodstuffs of Plant Origin

FPO

Forum of Pakistan Ombudsman (Pakistan)

FPO

For-Profit Organization

FPO

Fruit Products Order (India)

I'd go to a convention if Mike was there as a guest appearance just to get a photo with him!

He should embrace his infamy. He can have a special panel where he does a dramatic reading of his AtariAge Comeback Manifesto.

He could do a lot worse than following the lead of William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Adam West, Mark Hamill ...or any number of small time local TV commercial personalities in goofing on himself.

http://youtu.be/yunwTSfbAyI

• Like 3

Wow. That looks like it was run over by a bus or something.

In the future, that will be called bullying. Only happy fun talk will be allowed. If you don't have something nice to say about the "art" that someone took the time to create, you must stay silent or you'll be forced to endure a month or more of reeducation rehab. Saying that you don't like something or pointing out flaws is hater talk and hater talk is just another term for intolerant bullying. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Either join the happy fun talk brigade or STFU before you are forced to STFU.

• Like 6

In the future, that will be called bullying. Only happy fun talk will be allowed. If you don't have something nice to say about the "art" that someone took the time to create, you must stay silent or you'll be forced to endure a month or more of reeducation rehab. Saying that you don't like something or pointing out flaws is hater talk and hater talk is just another term for intolerant bullying. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Either join the happy fun talk brigade or STFU before you are forced to STFU.

In other words, we all must become pod people.

• Like 1

I have this friend (who is a real weirdo BTW) who claims that anyone who uses internet abbreviations ("LOL" for example) is "USING" NEWSPEAK (Think George Orwell) so he must think the Future is Now! Welcome to 1984!

But I gotta tell you...

You guys are making me laugh way too hard again!

Some things just catch me off guard.

First, I just got my Retro #11 in the mail earlier today...I didn't really think too hard about the cover and just glanced at it for about two seconds. I mean it's no Diehard Gamefan (or Reader's Digest). Then I'm reading here how it looks like it got hit by a bus (probably one with engineers and hardware guys in pieces hanging underneath the way I imagine it) and then the suggestion that Mike colored it in with crayons, and maybe it oughta be a Free POS... and I Do Laugh out loud...

And suddenly, like a vision I picture Mike with a whiny voice, going "Awww Come On guys! Come on. Stop making fun of me... ya buncha haters!"

Edited by GoldLeader
  • Like 3

Hey guys, did ya heard about the announcement for Mike's latest creation? It's called the "Retro BUS" It's the only city bus where the passengers ride under it!

Yeah, they ran into a snag though. They said it used a ladder frame, but when they posted pics, AtariAge figured out it was actually just a ladder! They have their best men on the case to determine if it's the same ladder Mike walked under before he started the whole "RETRO" business! They had another snag, they got hit with a false advertising claim. They might have to rename it the 'Retro BS U'!

Did you hear the news about the NX being delayed? No? Well, don't worry, I have it on good authority that this makes it even better!

Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week! Try the fish!!

(Sorry, I'll bring my dummy next time)

... his name's John! I've almost got him to stop glancing at me!

• Like 5

I'm afraid we have a bit of a misunderstanding. You see, "That looks like it was run over a bus" is a actually a compliment, referring to something accomplished under incredibly difficult circumstances. Effectively, it's a colloquialism for, "I have great respect for a person who was able to accomplish that, while apparently drawing it using only a crayon shoved up their nose".

It would be pretty difficult to see what you're doing when drawing that way. Takes great skill.

Nothing but respect.

Mad props.

Mostly stayed inside the lines and everything.

• Like 7

Ask anyone that has 3 kids or more, separate them and question them after there is a broken or missing item, two stories will agree and one will be the off the course. Same here, and speaking of participants only.

Stories that match

Clay

John

Scott

Even Sean

Eli

Gamester

John Carlson (granted he was not told about previous members)

BTB

Chris Cardillo

UKNike

StopDropRetro

#Cupodcast

Vs Socal

Edited by Pipercub
  • Like 8

He could do a lot worse than following the lead of William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Adam West, Mark Hamill ...or any number of small time local TV commercial personalities in goofing on himself.

Oh boy, he would be perfect as a new incarnation of the mayhem guy for Allstate commercials!

Edited by Chuck D. Head
  • Like 4

"I'm a prototype. With hardwired SNEZ controllers. But that bulk power supply doesn't run cool without a fan. Without Allstate, you could be paying Lee for a DVR card, simple as that. So get Allstate and you'll be protected from mayhem, like me."

• Like 6

Whew - what a ride. Felt the need to register and have a poke around.

Mike Kennedy is one unique guy. They broke the mould when they made him. Probably just as well as he would be shoving SNES juniors in a clear shell of himself. :)

As a long term RGR listener, this had a car crash interest for me.

• Like 5

Just got an email about an upcoming So Cal event with this tidbit: "GAMEGAVEL.COM will be conducting a raffle of vintage gaming items. It will be held sometime around 9 p.m."

Doubtful Mike will be a participant but I wonder who will be representing GameGavel in that case.

for sc3 this weekend? I've been wondering if he'd keep that up since basically all of this has been post previous meetup.

Here's a backers-only RETRO Magazine update that Mike just posted to Kickstarter. It's a long one, so I'll put it inside a spoiler tag ...

Hello ORIGINAL RETRO Kickstarter Backers!

Well, here we are about to wrap up our second year of RETRO Videogame Magazine. It's hard to believe that a couple years ago we launched RETRO with the help from all of you and we are now only one issue away from completing our second full year. RETRO #11 shipped to many of you a couple weeks ago (and the digital issue is also now available to subscribers), if you continued on with us past our first year. If you didn't and have missed out we have put together a RETRO Replay Collectors Issue, best of issues #1-#10. This includes 200 pages of our best, most evergreen and resourceful material from our first ten issues.

We emailed all our existing and past subscribers a week ago, and many of those newsletter emails went into spam folders and many did not receive it. So, I wanted to post again here so that any of you who might want this special issue can get it. We are only producing 3,500 of these (to match the print run from our first six issues) and to date about half of them have been purchased.

We have also issued a special discount code for $5 off this issue for current and past subscribers AND Kickstarter backers. That code is "ILOVERETRO". It's case sensitive and can be entered when you check out after adding the RETRO Replay issue to your shopping cart by CLICKING HERE. Keep in mind this 200-page issue is weighing in at 1.6 lbs. so the mailing cost is being calculated directly from the USPS.

post-3819-0-03436400-1461796960.jpg

To get an idea of what will be inside this special issue here is RETRO Replay's "flat plan":

post-3819-0-04560500-1461796977.png
post-3819-0-51914200-1461797080.png
post-3819-0-43564400-1461797101.png
post-3819-0-18282600-1461797111.png

We hope that you will purchase this special issue as it will continue to help us move forward and to produce RETRO Videogame Magazine.

One more thing, if you are looking for our latest issue #11 at Barnes & Noble, we are being told that starting May 4th RETRO will be part of a special videogaming end cap promotion so it should be easier to find then when sitting on the shelves.

Thanks again to all of you for believing in us and helping us to keep print videogame magazines alive.

Thank you,

Team RETRO

00.jpg01.png02.png03.png04.png

I couldn't help but notice this choice quote:

We emailed all our existing and past subscribers a week ago, and many of those newsletter emails went into spam folders and many did not receive it. So, I wanted to post again here so that any of you who might want this special issue can get it. We are only producing 3,500 of these (to match the print run from our first six issues) and to date about half of them have been purchased.

"Spam folders"? I can think of a few other reasons why people might not be rushing to scoop up Mike's reheated leftovers as quickly as he would like ...

• Like 5

Ugh; I can't unsubscribe from various RETRO notifications from Mike fast enough. This is seriously like the third email I've received shilling for this stupid thing. DO NOT WANT. I didn't like the first ten fucking issues; not sure why I'd want to revisit them.

• Like 5