IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I'm so curious to know just how many RETRO Replay Vol. 1 orders have been sent out. If they don't sell them all then *gasp* there might not be a Vol. 2!!

Even worse, Mike Kennedy might come back to AA to publicly shame us into supporting his awesome and super professional retro effort you guise! Why, we must be fools to not be pouring money into his efforts to produce COLLECTIBLE print magazine, full of retro-y goodness! And if you act now, you'll get the very next one off the presses, with a hand-written low serial number!

• Like 6

I wonder if the writers whose work is being reprinted gave permission for it to be used again..

I didn't write features so I've only got one or two columns reprinted in the Replay book, but I had no idea it was happening until I saw the table of contents. I'm assuming it's the same way with anyone else who wrote for the magazine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

I wonder if the writers whose work is being reprinted gave permission for it to be used again..

My guess is "It never came up" or it's allowed because it's in the fine print of the contract...If there is a contract.

Ha ha, no. I edited it for my privacy and to try to be funny.

No "Try" to it! That was damn funny! I laughed when I read it...Then when I opened my email and saw I had the same one, I somehow imagined mine also said "sucker" and it brought a grin to my face.

• Like 1

I dont even understand that

remember when

when what, when I played on a 10 inch black n white portable in the kitchen, on a hard wooden chair, getting hand cramps, while my friends had a NES and tandy 1000's?

play again,dude i have been emulating coleco since the 486 days, my 133mhz casio cassiopa (windows CE PDA) 17 years ago played coleco games damn near full 60fps and I bought that on clearance for 99 bucks ... THEN

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 5

play again,dude i have been emulating coleco since the 486 days, my 133mhz casio cassiopa (windows CE PDA) 17 years ago played coleco games damn near full 60fps and I bought that on clearance for 99 bucks ... THEN

I had a Casio PDA, too. The e-125 had decent game controls for the time (did you have that, or the EM-500?), and a giant (resistive, low-res) touch screen. It pissed on the Palm from a great height in every way, except for battery and size of software library, just like Lynx vs GameBoy. Those were very early days for decent handhelds but still way ahead of 2nd wave console stuff like ColecoVision in terms of power.

Remember when. <---that's a pretty low-rent slogan, but we're never going to forget it.

I remember when...

I remember when we were called haters and trolls, when legal action was mentioned against YouTube videos, when the voices of critics were dismissed as drunken commentary, when promises were broken, when lines were crossed, and when he came back and tried to act like nothing happened.

Yes, I remember when.

• Like 13

Even worse, Mike Kennedy might come back to AA to publicly shame us into supporting his awesome and super professional retro effort you guise! Why, we must be fools to not be pouring money into his efforts to produce COLLECTIBLE print magazine, full of retro-y goodness! And if you act now, you'll get the very next one off the presses, with a hand-written low serial number!

Will this include a walk of atonement for some people? (only Game of Thrones watchers will get that).

wish there were a way we could get a fuckload of copies of some of these so we could do a good old fashioned book burning, unfortunately, im sure mike's hazy cigarette math in terms of units bought vs units shipped would likely require me to jump into a barnes & noble dumpster and im not willing to get THAT dirty for some shits & giggles.

I am only going to comment in here about Sean at this point as I know others who have been scammed by him are reading this thread. Here is some more info I got from Greg Albright who has now remembered more about the case. All this is also public record if you know where to look.

From last night's Game of Thrones: "Did you know about him? If you didn't know, you're an idiot. If you did know, you're my enemy."

https://youtu.be/_OaS4gC58D4?t=1m7s

• Like 2

wish there were a way we could get a fuckload of copies of some of these so we could do a good old fashioned book burning

"Selling so well, people are bringing them up to the register by the handful! Hottest video game magazine on the market! Smoking content! Just like the old days! (You know, like Berlin in 1937)" -Mike Kennedy, trying to figure out of he can fund a book burning on Kickstarter.

Kidding aside, this is why I won't buy the magazine, or download it for free, or even read it if it's in front of me. I truthfully don't want to give Mike the ability to say I increased his circulation in any way, shape, or form. Anyone who can spin the Toy Fair as a positive PR event obviously has a devious disregard for the truth.

• Like 5

I truthfully don't want to give Mike the ability to say I increased his circulation in any way, shape, or form.

Forget circulation -although you're right- I don't think a single person should want to give Mike any sort of money only so he can continue his half-assed efforts to do absolutely jack shit.

Seriously, why would anyone think investing on Mike in ANYTHING is a good idea at this point.

• Like 1

Forget circulation -although you're right- I don't think a single person should want to give Mike any sort of money only so he can continue his half-assed efforts to do absolutely jack shit.

Seriously, why would anyone think investing on Mike in ANYTHING is a good idea at this point.

Reality distortion field?

• Like 2