IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

They said he was a patsy ... but you be the judge.

Oh that reminds me we're just 2 weeks away from the Toy Fair .... any prototype this year?

SNES Mini. For reals this time... :lust:

Edit: for clarification, not an MK project. Also I have no idea if my favorite 1890s Japanese company will make my fanboy wet dreams come true, but it would be awesome. At the very least none of this hybrid Millenium Falcon meets toilet bowl futuristic turd from the early/mid 90s being polished. And even Mike Kennedy sucks at turd polishing. Otherwise his prototype from last year would have been a smashing hit... :evil:

They said he was a patsy ... but you be the judge.

Oh that reminds me we're just 2 weeks away from the Toy Fair .... any prototype this year?

Sorry as there was no need for the ...................in my comment, I didn't mean that to come across bad in anyway

Edited by D.Daniels

Well, don't forget that MK has run a highly successful auction site specializing in selling and buying retro games for many years. That should count towards his general experience.

If anyone thinks "buy low, sell high" adds much value to gaming, or has anything to do with game development, sure, I guess, whatever floats your boat.

Here are some of his douchey "big game hunter" videos, in which he wears a hidden camera, buys a bunch of games to resell, and brags about their resale value. This is pretty much what GameGavel wants to be, like eBay but all fees go to MK. https://m.youtube.com/user/TheGameGavel

It's perfectly legal, and his choice to do this, but in my opinion, he's a bottom-feeding leech who is mainly interested in money. As we learned from this thread, he has burned a great many "business partners" along the way.

There are makers and there are takers. He's no maker.

• Like 1

He writes like FILM CRIT HULK, which I assume is the joke? It is a joke, right?

Context: this was an old troll/meme from the dawn of emulation on boards popular in the 90s. He claimed that he had an emulator that could run EVERYTHING and wrote like that, showcasing the obviously superior intellect that was needed for such a feat. Back in the day this idea of a mega emulator was ludicruous, but... interestingly it is now a reality with MAME and those many RPi setups.

Context: this was an old troll/meme from the dawn of emulation on boards popular in the 90s. He claimed that he had an emulator that could run EVERYTHING and wrote like that, showcasing the obviously superior intellect that was needed for such a feat. Back in the day this idea of a mega emulator was ludicruous, but... interestingly it is now a reality with MAME and those many RPi setups.

It appears as a mega emulator, but in actually it's multiple emulation cores running inside a front end, which is than accessed using a seperate front end. Retroarch is more or less a front end where certain emulators can be recompiled as a core for it. Than a cleaner looking front end is ran on top, such as emulation station or attract mode.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

It appears as a mega emulator, but in actually it's multiple emulation cores running inside a front end

So is a Raspberry PI box and all these universal emulation systems, but for the end user it's just one thing.

Edit: I mean, if people were really that technically savvy all these KS projects wouldn't have a chance in hell :D

Edited by Newsdee

So is a Raspberry PI box and all these universal emulation systems, but for the end user it's just one thing.

Edit: I mean, if people were really that technically savvy all these KS projects wouldn't have a chance in hell :D

That's why we are all keeping an eye on them to help and protect the people!

• Like 1

Looks like someone has snagged the old RetroVGS domain name and is using it to post some of their top ten fave games.

http://www.retrovgs.com

They don't seem to be begging for money, so I recommend classifying this site as "Harmless."

All of the posts on there have sponsored links, so it's just a place for the person to make money for posting them. I don't begrudge that person, because I myself occasionally allow such postings on my own Website to help pay the hosting bills, but it's interesting that all of the content so far is exclusively low quality sponsored posts. I suppose it's fitting in a way.

"A SNEZZ in a Jag shell?? Is that all you have to show after seven and a half million year's work?"

the irony was the Snes pretty much buried the Jag and Genesis in 94 with the likes of DK and Metroid, so the chameleon team was committing an unintentional blasphemy by their Snes in a Jag shell

Edited by D.Daniels