IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I do like the UK Retro Gamer magazine... but I mostly prefer their anthologies and "bookazines" rather than paying a subscription.

I would pick it up on a whim if I see it on a store though... unfortunately they are very rare where I live.

Any of the video game (specificially for playstation when possible) physical magazines I buy for my son I have to order from the UK. Works out to only about $10 to $12 CDN dollars shipped on single issues.

Guys, I'm looking for the "Nostalgia S.H.I.T." parody videos. Those were awesome! Have they been taken down?

Unfortunately, yes. Game Escape seems to have changed direction with his YouTube channel; several of his videos have been taken down, including the parodies. It's a pity, although I'm sure several of us have downloaded archival copies.

Hey, I just realized that this thread crossed a million views!

• Like 2

Unfortunately, yes. Game Escape seems to have changed direction with his YouTube channel; several of his videos have been taken down, including the parodies. It's a pity, although I'm sure several of us have downloaded archival copies.

Darn it! lol

Would have loved to have had a copy of those.

Hey, I just realized that this thread crossed a million views!

When??? how???? WTF??? Dafuq???? @Albert did you fudge the numbers????

493654d6ef.jpg

OK please Mike come back and chronicle the aftermath ... it's been a while and at 1M strong (views not people, or $$$) we deserve to know what the hell happened to you, warts and all, actually especially the warts.

(I am a glutton for punishment and 1M view it's awesome given the last 250K+ were well after the dust settled)

xy6fe.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I made some polite inquiries. Apparently this company "acquired the domain when it became available" though naturally they won't say how much they paid. The sale price is determined by an "algorithm", though they won't disclose what variables the algorithm weighed, and one would think paying that much money for a name you'd want to know that.

Hey, if your business is picking up domains from terrible failures and trying to flip them, more power to you. I wonder how many other terrible URLs are they sitting on, just waiting for someone to be willing to pay big bucks for the right one?

Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure that price is set by the current owner. Typical Dormitus thinking, picking up trash and then claiming it's silver.

https://www.hover.com/blog/premium-domain-names/

Premium Domain Name Definition

A premium domain name is a domain that is already owned by a person or registry. Its cost can be significantly more than a typical domain purchase — anywhere from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of dollars — due to its perceived higher value. The higher price will apply to the initial acquisition of the domain, but it will renew at the regular renewal price for whichever domain extension it uses.

My top hit when searching for "coleco expo" is

http://www.gambitmag.com/2017/08/coleco-expo-hilariously-embarrassing-disaster/

Looks like Dormitus has dropped (sold?) some of its lines (no more Spuds McKenzie or Handspring) and picked up Underalls and Slice.

https://coleco.com/is still alive and kicking at least.

Those mini arcades look interesting but I wonder how good the games are going to be.

Still, gotta give them points for doing something original(?) and new for once.

Well considering one is just emulating a formerly retail GBA game, and the other is a home baked up NES title, I can't see it being too hard to tune an emulator on cheap hardware to run those right. I was interested in that for awhile but I didn't like what they were asking. The Robotech game is really solid as I used to have it for GBA years ago.

• 2 weeks later...