IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

This campaign is like a 12-year-old boy's idea of how to launch a dream console. In 1982.

Even a 12 year old would do a much better job. They would use their imagination and design something new, even if they got carried away and designed something impossible like a 16 billion bit console that projects holograms it would still be an original idea unlike the Chameleon.

• Like 1

What happened to the Nostalgia Super High Impact Technology episodes? I was expecting a couple of new ones.

Like one were he just sobs in a corner, one where he simply keeps pressing delete on FB posts etc....etc.... sure there's enough material.

EDIT: like a Nostalgia Super High Impact Technology 2: The Ultimate Reborn Denial

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 6

What happened to the Nostalgia Super High Impact Technology episodes? I was expecting a couple of new ones.

Like one were he just sobs in a corner, one where he simply keeps pressing delete on FB posts etc....etc.... sure there's enough material.

EDIT: like a Nostalgia Super High Impact Technology 2: The Ultimate Reborn Denial

The funny thing is, you could re-run the original parody videos from ~5 months ago, and the humor applies to the Kickstarter campaign just as well as it did to the IndieGoGo campaign. Mike and Co. have learned nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH76tRLVTQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miech2DIWuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTEpwdwZ9f0

• Like 4

The reward tier announcements stopped abruptly, right about the same time the "It's not just a SNEZ, just you wait" BS started. You'd think if they knew what the tiers were going to be, they'd keep announcing- just to keep us distracted from SNEZGate. It really really looks like they have NO idea what they're doing from one day to the next. They're just making $#@% up as they go.

PS, 100 pages, woot!

I LIKE TURTLES

soon I will reveal my console design... It will make you Implode! Or something, no really, just you wait...

• Like 1

The suspense for the KS is killing me, but I'm still managing to stay cool without a fan...

aC28XTqm.jpg LAhnSVrm.jpg

Actually, I kinda like the idea of a Jaguar clone, with homebrew carts getting massed produced. That sytem would actually............have a reason to exist. Edited by Retro Nick
  • Like 2

If only a company was making translucent Jaguar shells so that the Chameleon electronics could be seen but not disturbed ...

Among all the dog pile lolz here (which I'm enjoying), this is hilarious but also an excellent point. If there really was a prototype inside that Jag shell, the clear shell would've been a perfect way to show it's the real deal without having to take anything apart. There isn't going to be any custom/proprietary hardware inside, so what harm would there have been? I think many of us pointed this out when the RVGS prototype video hit where the shell was covered up as well. Showing us what FPGA they're using isn't giving any IP away, the IP is in the core(s). None of this adds up to a legit prototype, including what others have said about generating a composite signal off an FPGA.

• Like 8

The debuffer is back and now says it's okay for us to question what is inside the prototype:

Is this a picture of your towel prototype for a Kickstarter? I'm already throwing money at my screen.

WTH is up with that guy. I can't tell if it's meant to be unfunny satire, or if he's a moron. Poe's law and all that.

I honestly don't know what to believe. I'm betting on parody right now. Just look at the sunglasses and windbreaker jacket over his former shirt and tie. He no longer looks like a well groomed young man dressed for a job interview, but a bratty cyber punk. And that hairy man in the photo needs to just pull the trigger and put his ballz out of misery. Seriously, eww... :woozy:

PS hooray for 100 pages. We are now halfway to beating the original thread. :cool:

You are assuming they have a clue about hardware, which they obviously don't.

Perhaps they're being criticised from all sides (private investors, developers, consumers/KS backers) and don't have a strong vision to defend (other than Carts!!), so they end up burned whatever they do.

Not defending them, I just think they have a flawed business model (bring cart monopoly back) and it translates to misguided decisions irrelevant to everybody. Including not paying attention to hardware in a market flooded with devices that can do the same or more.

• Like 1

The funny thing is, you could re-run the original parody videos from ~5 months ago, and the humor applies to the Kickstarter campaign just as well as it did to the IndieGoGo campaign. Mike and Co. have learned nothing.

I miss those! That second one is my favorite.

"I mean, take, for example, the threads over at Atariage. You guys are a bunch of whiny 50-somethings, okay. Quite frankly, I don't need you--I don't need you to market a nostalgia-based retro-console aimed at a niche demographic with lots of disposable income. So you guys can go screw yourselves."
It points out perhaps the funniest part of this whole mess. That probably half the people in the world even slightly interested in hearing more about this system are ragging on it in this thread.
Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 8

Among all the dog pile lolz here (which I'm enjoying), this is hilarious but also an excellent point. If there really was a prototype inside that Jag shell, the clear shell would've been a perfect way to show it's the real deal without having to take anything apart. There isn't going to be any custom/proprietary hardware inside, so what harm would there have been? I think many of us pointed this out when the RVGS prototype video hit where the shell was covered up as well. Showing us what FPGA they're using isn't giving any IP away, the IP is in the core(s). None of this adds up to a legit prototype, including what others have said about generating a composite signal off an FPGA.

But didn't they learn their lesson last time they used a clear shell? It took all of five minutes for "experts" to identify the fake prototype board.

I LIKE TURTLES

This. :grin:

super-mario-bros-unlimited-1up-trick-in-

• Like 2