IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

They aren't that clever. If they did, they would do it right the first time. See also satirical posts by BunnyBoy on social media. That's how you do it. Get it right first, then crack all the jokes you want.

It's funny that you mention him. He's making a great product IMO, and with a lot less fanfare, attention and support than the RetroVGS / Coleco Shameleon.

EDIT: I guess that's what I'm trying to understand here. What the heck is the motivation here? Is it pure contempt? Is it total hubris? Is it lulzy trolling? I just cant see any logical reason for any of the decisions they have made with this product. To put it bluntly, I am baffled.

Kennedy must be at "losing his house" level crisis to be making this little sense... that, or he really thinks that he is THAT much smarter than the rest of the gaming community. This is so disgustingly... insulting. I hope everyone who has a GameGavel account deletes it.

kittybot, just wanted to add, of all the parody videos I've watched, your "Step right up, here's our prototype. It is not an SNES..." video with the Carnival Zone soundtrack has got to be my favorite Mike Kennedy parody yet. I laughed so hard watching it... :rolling:

• Like 4

Kennedy must be at "losing his house" level crisis to be making this little sense... that, or he really thinks that he is THAT much smarter than the rest of the gaming community. This is so disgustingly... insulting. I hope everyone who has a GameGavel account deletes it.

oh yes, for real right now nobody should support GameGavel or RETRO magazine at all, the scam MK tried to pull is beyond absurd. As much as Mike is not a tech guy come on, you cant see the cart wont connect to that board at all? "Hey Li? i keep putting the cart in but nothing happens, what do i do now?"

This proves Mike is no victim, he is no victim of the evil tech guys mafia, he cant be that fool (avoiding using more offensive words here) to ignore that was fake right? Since well he staged those photos. What would be the next lie from Mike? "oh well i never had this prototype, all these photos was mailed to me by Li, omg he tricked me, there was no leprechaun inside!"

• Like 4

kittybot, just wanted to add, of all the parody videos I've watched, your "Step right up, here's our prototype. It is not an SNES..." video with the Carnival Zone soundtrack has got to be my favorite Mike Kennedy parody yet. I laughed so hard watching it... :rolling:

yep, good videos

• Like 1

I demand another Nostalgia SH-IT video to celebrate yet another highlight of the project.

Game Escape has an amazing gift for satirical comedy, but as much as I'd love to see another entry in the Nostalgia SH-IT saga, I'm not sure that even he can come up with a parody that is more ridiculous than what's actually happened.

• Like 2

oh yes, for real right now nobody should support GameGavel or RETRO magazine at all, the scam MK tried to pull is beyond absurd. As much as Mike is not a tech guy come on, you cant see the cart wont connect to that board at all? "Hey Li? i keep putting the cart in but nothing happens, what do i do now?"

This proves Mike is no victim, he is no victim of the evil tech guys mafia, he cant be that fool (avoiding using more offensive words here) to ignore that was fake right? Since well he staged those photos. What would be the next lie from Mike? "oh well i never had this prototype, all these photos was mailed to me by Li, omg he tricked me, there was no leprechaun inside!"

Well I've never bought anything on Game Gavel because I never found much I wanted besides commons. And although I backed year one and year two of Retro on Kickstarter, I am done. Mike's reputation is so far tainted, it's like the Midas touch. Except instead of gold.png, everything he touches turns into poop.gif.

• Like 1

Pat Contri's recent Tweet reminded me of something:

I'm disgusted not just by the scammers now, but by anyone who helped promote, shill, or even report on this mess without doing any homework.

Remember those zero-research puff pieces by Engadget and Gizmodo? I think they should issue a retraction. Then there was Mike's softball interview last year with Gamester81 ...

• Like 2

Cart not connected to the board, system not connected to the AC outlet or the TV, fake "screenshot", this whole thing stinks to high heaven. And there is no way to deny you had any idea between the cart just sitting there, no wall plug or AV, etc. It is literally undeniable from MK's perspective.

• Like 2

Pat Contri ‏@PatTheNESpunk 3h3 hours ago

The Retro VGS team took down that picture of the closeup of the board from their FB page after they realized they were caught.
I'm disgusted not just by the scammers now, but by anyone who helped promote, shill, or even report on this mess without doing any homework.
The @AtariAge peeps identified what was in the latest fake Coleco Chameleon prototype: HICAP50B DVR Capture Card.
  • Like 2

So can we get a betting matrix and start wagering on when they completely pull the plug on the facebook page and website for this steaming pile of dog shit? Because that's literally all they can do with this project at this point. There is no recovery.

Edited by dommie
  • Like 1

I have to admit, when I started the thread about HW speculations I did not see the "DVR card" coming.

I have a wild imagination but they beat me. I declare defeat.

I'm gonna repeat myself but so did they (3 times already) but I feel like:

lYDmo1w.gif

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 8

Believe most of us got confused since it looked like a Video Card with integrated analog Sound

Believe Kevtris post that there was no visual ram chips killed that

What a great ending!!!

The guy who knew first-hand that Mike was full of shit all along is the same guy that leads to his downfall!!

This truly is a historic day in RVGStory.

• Like 4

What a great ending!!!

The guy who knew first-hand that Mike was full of shit all along is the same guy that leads to his downfall!!

This truly is a historic day in RVGStory.

Oh, no no no no.

Mike's downfall is Mike, pure and simple.

The rest of us here are pure choreography to his madness.

• Like 4

As some of you may know I transitioned from retro gaming to the pinball world a while back. Been a fun ride and we've had good success so far.

But there were some major blows to that sub-culture, namely a Predator game the makers didn't have the license for, and the Popaduik games that were beautiful looking yet unplayable.

In the end around 2 million vanished off the market. Many buyers asked "why didn't anyone warn us?" They had been warned but refused to listen.

I smell all of the same BS with this project. If they're asking for money, and there's no prototype, then it's doomed to fail. Ask yourself: Am I paying for them to manufacture something they've already designed (decent chance of success) or am I paying them to develop something they want to build? (Fail)

Paying to Develop fails because KS is all about rewards. You're paying to get a console, not to fund their research. As a backer you want a tangible item in return. Unless they've figured that into their profit (unlikely) then they'll quickly get behind and even if hardware gets designed, they'll lack the funds to build.

Hell, even a prototype isn't enough. What's the business plan? Where are the games coming from? Who is this system even for?

Cartridges are stupid, period. They were a product of their time because disk drives themselves were too expensive as a hardware item. The only reason collectors like them is because they're collectable and hold apparent value better than a disc.

Even if this is the "world's best SNES clone with HDMI" nobody's gonna to develop for it anyway. If the Ouya couldn't take off with all the support of Android, a slow-as-balls console that forces you to use assembly won't stand a chance.

Wait for Kevtris to do his thing. Then it will be done right.

• Like 24